News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Samus Wants Robot

Started by Croakomire, July 05, 2024, 02:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croakomire

Originally posted in/made for the 2024 Star Base contest.
Screenshots
[spoiler][/spoiler]

This has been updated for main site posting after a majority of players were dissatisfied with the lack of quality of life present in the gameplay.

Changelog:
  • Instant respawn has been added. (This was the main point of frustration shared by most people).
  • The main mechanic of the hack has been smoothened to keep the pace as fast as possible. (With less misunderstanding of instructions).
  • Added another save after the initial section.
  • Removed an arbitrary lock to give routing more options and hopefully make progression less confusing. Also moved two items to accommodate.
  • A few difficult to escape block layouts have been modified, also fixed some missed air tiles and removed random metroid noises.
Small known issues: (probably not fixing, sorry).
  • Only in room 1: [spoiler]Jumping into the metal block from the side as it's falling can either softlock you in the ceiling, or redirect the block incorrectly so it doesn't do it's job of breaking blocks.[/spoiler] Luckily there's no need to do this so it's pretty avoidable.
  • Collecting the map, then dying before a save will cause the game to remember the unexplored mini-map, but not the full map. Just collect the map again to get it back, it's not gone forever.

This will likely be the only update, as I'm perfectly satisfied with this hack. The feedback has helped immensely, and I hope this QoL version is significantly more enjoyable! (It's still hard though).

RT-55J

I made a map of this hack this past week because I couldn't stop thinking about it.

[spoiler="Full Game Spoilers"][/spoiler]

I hope you enjoy it. : )