News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Gachatroid INSANE

Started by Homura, August 11, 2023, 02:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homura

Hello.
I am posting my latest hack here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Super Gachatroid INSANE
by YP
Genre: Half Hack
Difficulty: Expert
       //May require advanced techniques or glitches.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[spoiler]
------------ Game Overview ------------------------------------
In this hack, the contents of the items are randomly drawn when you get them.
Those who like games with a luck element may enjoy it.
And This is the INSANE mode, aiming for a higher level of difficulty than the Normal version.
Below is some important information before you play.

■ About recovery of Samus Health
The energy balls dropped by the enemy cannot recovery Samus's HP.

■ About save station
Most of the save stations are no longer available,
so please open the gate to the room below the Samus ship.
150shots missile gates exist in Norfair.(30shots by super)

■ Suit durability
varia/gravity suits have durability values.
If the suit is damaged a certain number of times by enemies, it will disappear. (except for Spike, DoT damage, etc.)
You can check the remaining durability value on the equipment screen.
Also, Gravity Suits cannot fully resist heat damage.

■ Phazon block
Touching a Phazon block takes damage over time.
However, if you have a Phazon Cloak, the damage will be minimal.

■ Enhanced Metroid
Metroid is enhanced.
When sucked, Samus's "max HP" is drained.
And the ice beam freezing time has been reduced.

■ Energy station
The amount that can be recovered at the energy station has been reduced to 399.

■ Pity system
Get 20 Morphing balls to get a Boost ball.
(The Boost Ball is an exceptional item not included in the Gacha Pull.)
Get 10 Grappling beams to get a Gravity suit.
You can check the current number of acquisitions on the equipment screen.

■ SR Guaranteed ticket
You can get one by accessing the map station.
SR will always be drawn from the next acquired G item.

■ Total number of G items

■ Gacha Pull Rates
==================R===================
MISSILE                    17.72%
MORPHING BALL         15.50%
SUPER MISSILE                 8.49%
POWER BOMB                 8.49%
GRAPPLING BEAM         9.97%
X-RAY                    4.06%
ENERGY TANK                 4.80%
RESERVE TANK                 8.49%
MAX HEALTH                 8.12%
MAX AMMO                 4.43%
BLUE SUIT                         0.37%
ENERGY PARTS                 3.69%
=====================================
==================SR=================
CHARGE BEAM                 0.56%
ICE                            0.62%
WAVE                    0.43%
SPAZER                    0.38%
PLASMA                    0.17%
BOMB                    0.77%
SCREW ATTACK                 0.17%
SPRING BALL                 0.43%
HI-JUMP BOOTS                 0.51%
SPACE JUMP                 0.26%
SPEED BOOSTER         0.38%
VARIA SUIT                 0.43%
GRAVITY SUIT                 0.26%
PHAZON CLOAK                 0.09%
======================================
[/spoiler]

Zhs2

M1CR0H4CK3R

While this is really refreshing for a ROM hack, I will state the obvious: this basically requires save states to even beat reliably. This will be next to impossible to complete on hardware. Also, the number of extreme precision puzzles makes this nearly humanly impossible to 100% complete without TAS setups. I purposely left out 40 items due to this, yet still had plenty of items to complete the game regardless. My totals:

1499 Energy
400 Reserve Energy
190 Missiles
99 Super Missiles
25 Power Bombs
All equipment

Time: 2:25
Items: 146/186

I abused the heck out of save states, and still had a difficult time completing the game.

I never found a way to get the other 4 shortcuts to the ship unlocked, only the 150-missile door in Norfair.

I would rate this 2/5 orbs. Now, if the 'Normal' version were posted separately, I would play it as well. No promises I'll rate it higher than 2 orbs, though.

Edit: Whoever made it so that MetConst lets you know a reply was posted while typing a response and lets you revise your post, you are a legend. Zeehesstwo (Yes, I'm quoting the fanfic. Sue me.), thanks for posting the Normal version. I will play it ASAP and amend this post with a rating.

DonnyDonovan

Anyone have thoughts on normal mode?  I suck and pretty much don't even attempt anything called "insane."

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on August 14, 2023, 04:06:06 PM
Anyone have thoughts on normal mode?  I suck and pretty much don't even attempt anything called "insane."

It's about the same, but just with actual saving enabled (and no 'Phazon blocks' or 'Phazon Cloak')and the 'SR Tickets' removed (so getting rare items is a lot harder). You can also recover energy like normal as well, and Gravity Suit fully negates heat, in addition to the suit 'damage' not being present. Actually, I had a harder time completing Normal Mode than the Insane mode, because I cannot acquire Space Jump easily, as it seems to be the rarest item, at apparently less than 1/4th the rate of appearing of Spring Ball, the next lowest rate item. Obviously, Varia and Gravity are rarer, but I am not counting those, as Varia is optional, and every 10 Grapple Beams still drop Gravity Suits.

Edit: Also, the 'Super' Metroids are not present, and are just regular Metroids.

DonnyDonovan

I'm early on in normal and finding it frustrating but also weirdly fun to see what's up next.

Edit: So this was fun for awhile but I've literally picked up every single one I can without superhuman skills or using slowdown, including many, many heat runs, and I still don't have speed booster, high jump, bombs, spring ball, varia or gravity suit, any of which would likely let me advance.  So I think I have to be done now.   Unless I'm missing something dumb (which is entirely possible).   

neen

I've uploaded both the normal/hard and INSANE versions to the main site. But, how would you like to be credited? YP, Homura, or both?