News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Nestroid Hack Map Repository

Started by RT-55J, February 08, 2023, 02:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

With barely any exceptions, nobody is making bespoke, high-effort maps of Nestroid hacks. I intend to change that.

These maps are 1/8 scale, much like danidub and ambureon's Super Metroid maps.

You will always be able to find these maps on my Neocities website.

Please enjoy.

Total Conversions

[spoiler="Junkoid"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Over the Moon"]

Solution Map for Final Area
[/spoiler]

Full-Size Hacks

[spoiler="Metroid X"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Metroid M"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Ridley-X Hack 1"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Ridley-X Hack 2"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Metroid Reborn: A Call to Valor"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Metroid Blue"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Metroid Confrontation_NES"]

[/spoiler]

Mini-Hacks

[spoiler="Ice Break"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Samus vs. Karid-X"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="The Hallway"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="beth      ™"]

[/spoiler]

Looking for other metroid maps? Try these fine resources:

RT-55J

Added a map of TestZero's Over the Moon to the opening post.

RT-55J

I wrote an article on my website explaining the process I've developed thus far for making these maps, for those of you who are curious.

RT-55J

Added a map of my own mini-hack Samus vs. Karid-X to the opening post.

RT-55J

As a bonus post, here's some dev lore regarding Samus vs. Karid-X, featuring a map of the unmade second area:

[spoiler=Chat Log of Me Rambling to Someone Asking What the Hack Was]
It's a small hack that I made for the week-long contest back in 2020.

I meant for it to have three areas, but due to time constraints I could only manage to make one.

I still have the sticky note I scribbled the map for the second area I had in mind, though it's a bit unreadable.

Here's a cleaned-up, pixelized version of it, for posterity's sake:

It was supposed to use that TRO fungus area tileset I had made earlier.

Bombs and Varia ended up getting rolled up into the main area, but I never got around to adding the Ice Beam to the hack (though a couple parts where it was meant to be used still remain)

Also, the hack was meant to have missile tanks, but for some reason I couldn't figure out how to make the boss in Brinstar spawn if you collected one.

(And I didn't have time to figure out how to make a boss-locked door)

so instead the hack was "Oops! All E Tanks!"

(the actual working title of the hack was "Weektroid Fusion")

The third area was just supposed to be a simple climb to the finish with metroids reskinned as Core-Xs.

This has been your Annual Samus vs. Karid-X Development Lore Update. Thank you for tuning in and listening.
[/spoiler]

TobiMikami

I was just thinking the other day when I was working on this bit of the in-game map for Tallon IV, that this map maker would be great for exactly this purpose, I can compile this out as a separate .exe file and upload it for you (and anyone else who wants to map hacks for that matter) since it is pretty heavily based on SM and has a really great array of map tiles with room for expansion.

RT-55J

Added maps for Ridley X Hacks 1 and 2, and Metroid Ice Break to the opening post. Please enjoy.

RT-55J

The Hallway (officially MetConst's 20th highest rated Metroid 1 hack) now has a map in the opening post. As an added bonus, the map comes with a COMPLETE GUIDE for your reading pleasure! Enjoy!

Conner

Quote from: TobiMikami on February 23, 2023, 01:34:43 AM
I was just thinking the other day when I was working on this bit of the in-game map for Tallon IV, that this map maker would be great for exactly this purpose, I can compile this out as a separate .exe file and upload it for you (and anyone else who wants to map hacks for that matter) since it is pretty heavily based on SM and has a really great array of map tiles with room for expansion.

https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,5240.0.html

RT-55J

A map of 2021's most venerable Metroid 1 kaizo-lite hack, beth      ™, has been added to the opening post.

Anybody who takes umbrage with me classifying beth      ™ as a "Mini-Hack" should redirect their complaints to my manager.

RT-55J

A minimap for the hack Metroid Reborn: A Call to Valor has been added to the opening post.

The reason it's not a detailed 1/8 scale map like the other ones is that no editor for the game supports the hack --- the author apparently refactored the level format to optimize for space!

RT-55J

Metroid Blue has been added to the opening post.

Metroid Red and Metroid Yellow and Metroid Gold and Metroid Silver and Metroid Crystal have not been added to the OP, on account of not existing.

Please understand.

alexman25

Quote from: RT-55J on February 24, 2024, 02:27:30 PM
Metroid Blue has been added to the opening post.

Metroid Red and Metroid Yellow and Metroid Gold and Metroid Silver and Metroid Crystal have not been added to the OP, on account of not existing.

Please understand.
I'm taking this as a direct challenge

RT-55J

A map of Metroid Confrontation_NES has been added to the opening post.

The hack is, among other things, a surprisingly faithful demake of DoctorM64's fangame Metroid Confrontation. I don't know why it's not on MetConst, but you're missing out if you don't try it.