News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Resource: Powerbombs remove water from rooms

Started by Moehr, December 10, 2022, 10:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moehr

Patch lets player remove water from rooms by using a powerbomb, enabling powerbombs to be used for exploring submerged areas without need for gravity suit.

Careful for accidental ammo-related softlocks - ensure the player can get powerbomb ammo in underwater areas!

TobiMikami

Moehr, you are a freaking legend man! This is a cool ass concept! I might have to put a game variable in my engine for this too, I can't believe nobody thought of this concept before!

Really looking forward to what the hackers put together with this in the meantime.

Moehr

Thanks!

Also do you have a link to your engine I could check out?

TobiMikami

Oh yeah absolutely! As soon as I'm back on my computer and not my phone, I'll upload both the GM8 version which is where I left off when I went to Studio, that one I'll drop for everyone on the forums here, the software is out of date, but it would still make good mini hack type gimmick games that maybe aren't possible in the SM limitations, or aren't so easy for the less ASM and HEX savvy. I'll send you a PM with the download to the Studio 1.4 version I'm working on right now. I actually JUST finished this version! Having fixed the mini map and the pause menus, the main engine is done, and I'll improve it as I bulld The Tallon IV Project.

The main thing is there's no death controls, grapple beam fires but not exactly as it should, and grabbing enemies with it causes a non fatal game break. I also think one of those scripts messed with the power grip cause if you grab a ledge it'll get a bit wonky but it doesn't crash the game. I'll write out the door transition scripts for the built rooms so there's a contiguous playing area. Since you're used to playing SM physics, your feedback on gameplay will be extremely valuable! And you'll have the source code so you could play wigt the physics and stuff if you wanted to, just if you find some values that you think are better let me know so I can make it better for the final release! I think I'll send you my version of GMS 1.4 as well, just to ensure it works as it does on my end.

PS anyone else who reads this thread, when I release The Tallon IV Project in 2023 or 2024, the game exe will come with the source. This is because Doc never got a chance to release AM2Rs source before he got DMCA'd, and Prime 2D didn't even make it that far. I've come a LOOONG way with this engine, I'm super proud of what I've done with it, I'm just as eager for everyone to play it as they are! BUT,  I've also learned from my predecessors, and this is for the greater good of us all. Moehr is a very talented SM Hacker and trusted member of the community, and I'd be more than willing to share that link with any other members of the community who have some skill and preferably board staff and/or the other long time veterans of MC. Otherwise that's why I'm gonna upload the GM8 version publicly, it's older but simpler, and makes an easier jumping off point if you're new to hacking and fan games, or maybe a little bit of hacking skills, but you wanna get into fan games, I'd suggest trying a small project, get to know the engine and Game Maker, and have some fun doing it! Of course if anyone makes a game with my engine though, my only request is that i be the first to get to play what you guys come up with haha.