News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Top Hacks 2016

Started by Miranda Gemini, November 30, 2021, 09:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda Gemini

The backlog clearing continues - next up, 2016! While it certainly didn't have releases on the scale of 2015 (check out those results here), there were still some fantastic hacks that deserve some recognition.
Get to voting for your Top Hacks of 2016 here.
Voting is open now, and will continue until December 12, 2021. Good luck to all of our competitors.

benox50

:^_^:
Best Aesthetics
[spoiler]Hard choice, normally I would vote Dman, but Arrival gets my vote considering the nice colors and tiles which breath fresh air into vanilla[/spoiler]

Most Creative Gameplay
[spoiler]Rotation, When spoof have one of the greatest idea and executed as it should[/spoiler]

Best Quick Play
[spoiler]In its serie, first Y-Faster definitly has the Faster part, backed by good replay value with the choice of the area in any order[/spoiler]

Best Challenge
[spoiler]Cliffhanger Redux, a challenge hack that feels like a full hack with some nice Aesthetics figures[/spoiler]

Best Exploration
[spoiler]So havent really played Reimagined, I remember liking my time alot more in Cliffhanger than the others here, for looking around at the next weird thing popping-out of the vanilla standard, so it gets my vote[/spoiler]

Best Overall
[spoiler]Cliffhanger Redux, Even if hard it felt that every parts had some thought and the author tried different things to explore the medium[/spoiler]

Miranda Gemini

Voting is now closed! Thanks to the community for casting your decisions and adding your input. As always, the winners are available here, but in summary...
[spoiler=Best Aesthetics]Arrival by Jiffy breathing new life into the vanilla Super Metroid experience, with vibrant colours and clever, natural tiling updates.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Most Creative Gameplay]By just two votes, Rotation by SMILEuser96 wins out with its new spin (awful pun intended) on the classic game.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Best Quick Play]Unsurprisingly, Metaquarius' Y-Faster perfectly encapsulates what makes a great Quick Play, and so it takes the crown here.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Best Challenge]Cliffhanger Redux by Digital_Mantra, for providing the soul of a great challenge hack, and wrapping it in the body of an equally great full hack.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Best Exploration]Reimagined by SavageWizzrobe takes the award with its compelling world waiting to be unravelled by the player.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Best Overall]In our tightest contest for Best Overall, there can be only one... and Y-Faster by Metaquarius takes the crown, with its perfectly polished, carefully crafted, and excellently executed foray into building a hack that demands speed from the player, and entices you to come back again and again!

An honourable mention to Cliffhanger Redux by Digital_Mantra, losing out to Y-Faster by just two votes.[/spoiler]
Congratulations to all our winners!

Now don't tell anyone because I haven't announced it yet, but if you click here you can vote for 2017's Top Hacks. It's our secret.