News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

metroid hack/fangame map thread

Started by Ambureon, September 27, 2021, 03:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambureon

Quote from: danidub on January 06, 2023, 01:24:17 PM
My Subversion map is ready.
I used Ambureon's map as a ''Project Base'' because the game is huge and Ambureon's work is reliable and precise.
So thank you Ambureon for your passion in the process of making nice maps and thank you drb for your support.
If you see unacuracy or omissions please tell me and I will update.
I don't have to tell you that the map is full of spoilers so I will tell you anyway.

i would have preferred if you'd asked beforehand, i'd have given you full permission. i'd also like a written credit and a link to my website somewhere on your site's page for your subversion map. i appreciate that my logo is still on the image but without my name attached it's just kind of a meaningless shape.

danidub

Quote from: Ambureon on January 10, 2023, 12:22:43 AM
i would have preferred if you'd asked beforehand, i'd have given you full permission. i'd also like a written credit and a link to my website somewhere on your site's page for your subversion map. i appreciate that my logo is still on the image but without my name attached it's just kind of a meaningless shape.

Sorry, you are right.
Credit and link are now on my website.

TobiMikami

Sometimes it's easier to just do it and give credit to the OP and if they ask to have a website or blog or something added 99% of us would go with that within reason.

I do want to mention the tendency to be a "community" in the sense that we all tend to share resources so it's typically presumed if you credit the original creator, that's all they're gonna ask and some don't even really care anymore, but I would feel the same way tbh. Especially with my project being such a high key eye candy type deal, I'd want my name and site attached to that too cause it's the eventual publicity jand name recognition that's potentially gonna show a tangible reward.

Ambureon

Quote from: TobiMikami on January 11, 2023, 01:34:47 AM
Sometimes it's easier to just do it and give credit to the OP and if they ask to have a website or blog or something added 99% of us would go with that within reason.

I do want to mention the tendency to be a "community" in the sense that we all tend to share resources so it's typically presumed if you credit the original creator, that's all they're gonna ask and some don't even really care anymore, but I would feel the same way tbh. Especially with my project being such a high key eye candy type deal, I'd want my name and site attached to that too cause it's the eventual publicity jand name recognition that's potentially gonna show a tangible reward.

oh yeah honestly i am flattered about this reuse of my work, i didn't mean to come across any other way. it was just jarring to see it posted without any prior communication.

danidub

Quote from: Ambureon on January 11, 2023, 02:56:48 AM
it was just jarring to see it posted without any prior communication.
Making a map like this requires more than tecnic and patience. Choosing the colors, the icons and making layout design is an art process.
So if someone understand you it's me.
I can't ask you to understand why I didn't communicate before because I don't even understand why I did it this way.
I can only be sorry and live with that.
The only thing I'm asking you is to continue to make nice maps because you have a lot of talent.

Ambureon

Quote from: danidub on January 11, 2023, 12:22:35 PM
I can only be sorry and live with that.

it's cool man!! it's not that big a deal, you don't need to bend over backwards apologising, all's good between us lmao. you keep up your great work too!!

drb

I know it's taken forever, but at long last I'm happy to anounce that my map for Unhundred% has finally been uploaded.  Enjoy!

TobiMikami

Quote from: danidub on January 11, 2023, 12:22:35 PM
Quote from: Ambureon on January 11, 2023, 02:56:48 AM
it was just jarring to see it posted without any prior communication.
Making a map like this requires more than tecnic and patience. Choosing the colors, the icons and making layout design is an art process.

I second this, just making maps for 7 areas for my own game takes forever. It's a lot of time of tedious staring at tiny shit that blends together and then trying to do it as you go. I took to drawing maps on graph paper before even using the map maker where I run map tiles like a level editor because finding each unique tile is a real pain.