News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Fusion: Special Edition (Now with hard mode!)

Started by Lostglaceon, August 06, 2021, 12:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostglaceon

Quote from: gr8tmaker on August 26, 2021, 08:10:49 AMHey lostglaceon, would you ever make a rando version like MFOR, ot will it stay like this, its cool either way, but i was just wondering

Considering there's a certain something coming in the next minor patch, I'd love to do that, but I have no knowledge of how I would even go about making one compatible with MFSE. Would likely be a better idea to ask the MFOR folks if it's easy to adapt to something slightly different than vanilla like MFSE is.

Paulinho

So i finally beat the hack, congratulations it's very polished. I had a very good overall experiencei playing it, I'll wait for more new versions to replay it.

I've beaten the bosses in the following order:

arachnus
elephant bird
Nettori
Serris
Barrier Core X
Scientist
Yakuza
BOX (Sector 6 Fight(
Neo-Ridley
Nightmare
BOX (sector 3 fight)
Zazabi
SA-X and Omega Metroid

After skipping Zazabi all the navigation rooms only said to me '' target eradicated ", it only changed after getting out of the restricted area, when i get to the navigation room it says target eradicated too. After beating zazabi adam jut sent me to fight SA-X. The only bug I experienced was the BOX first fight room on 3.2 patch that was already corrected

Lostglaceon

MFSE v4.1 is finally complete, which should be the last patch for a while (as long as there isn't any obvious game-breaking bugs). It fixes up the last few issues I found, and gives the hack a nice optional difficulty boost, should you want a challenge!

As always, have fun! (And this time, try not to die!)

Brett

Sorry to tell you this, Lostglaceon, but the hard mode for the hack seems to just be the normal game with some of the room looking a bit messed up, which I took snapshots of in the zip folder I'm attaching to this post. The normal mode for the works fine up to the part I'm currently at (I'm supposed to go to sector 1 next).

Lostglaceon

Quote from: Brett on August 27, 2021, 12:02:21 PMSorry to tell you this, Lostglaceon, but the hard mode for the hack seems to just be the normal game with some of the room looking a bit messed up, which I took snapshots of in the zip folder I'm attaching to this post. The normal mode for the works fine up to the part I'm currently at (I'm supposed to go to sector 1 next).

Looking at the map screen tells me exactly what happened! I noticed some people don't read this part of the readme, but the part that tells you how to install it basically says this: If you'd like to play hard mode, apply the base MFSE patch first, then apply the hard mode patch on top of that. I did this to save space .zip file.

Brett

Sorry for missing that. I guess I was in so much of a rush to play the hard mode that I forgot to read the readme.

Lostglaceon

Another minor patch. This one's more of an addendum, and it just reimplements stuff that was somehow missing from the last build (despite being finished) along with adding the finishing touches to the custom map graphics.

As long as there's no bugs, this'll likely be the end of my MFSE adventure for good quite a long while! I do have an idea for an original MZM hack, so I'll probably start working on that next.

Jordo24

This is a really ambitious mod for Metroid Fusion the author needs an award! Im already shocked that im able to use the powerbombs immediately after getting the powerbomb tank instead of having to wait for the data room download, and walljumping is back! This needs to be pinned in the forums, Great job!

Jordo24

Quote from: Lostglaceon on August 29, 2021, 01:34:03 AM
Another minor patch. This one's more of an addendum, and it just reimplements stuff that was somehow missing from the last build (despite being finished) along with adding the finishing touches to the custom map graphics.

As long as there's no bugs, this'll likely be the end of my MFSE adventure for good quite a long while! I do have an idea for an original MZM hack, so I'll probably start working on that next.

I just finished the mod today in 1:57 mins with 71% of items, I had a blast but i still see the game is missing some things, notably the "new game plus" mode where you see your items collected on the map screen after you beat the game once, can you patch that into the game so it can be available?
Im a completionist btw and it adds a good feeling when i get those green checkmarks when i collect all the items in the area. And if you can patch it in can you make it available from the start of the first game instead of having to beat the game once to unlock it?
Anyway great mod, and i look forward to see more of your work in the future!

Paulinho

Quote from: Jordo24 on August 30, 2021, 03:59:12 PM
This is a really ambitious mod for Metroid Fusion the author needs an award! Im already shocked that im able to use the powerbombs immediately after getting the powerbomb tank instead of having to wait for the data room download, and walljumping is back! This needs to be pinned in the forums, Great job!

In fact those sequence break features were from another mods but glaceon made an amazing job getting everthing together.
I've finished the mod twice glaceon, i think the overall experience is very good. Maybe some new custom text from adam would be but iinteresting to match the storytelling experience fusion gives us... if you manageto sequence break a lot you just skip adam the whole game  :lol:

gustavocring

I've just started playing this hack, and managed to get up to the top of the large vertical shaft in Sector 2 not long after you get Bombs (with an infinite bomb jump, the shaft where some of the doors are open). However I can't go through the doors as they are blocked by an invisible wall, and the door at the top can't be opened either.

Paulinho

Quote from: Lostglaceon on August 29, 2021, 01:34:03 AM

Hey lostglaceon I think i've found another stuck moment
I've managed to beat the BOX second fight and got the wave beam without having high jump or space jump, and it's impossible to get out of the metroid restricted area.. I can't walljump to the exit door because there are some blocks right under it and bomb jump THAT HIGH in just one minute is impossible (and avoiding the metroids)
If you could make those blocks under the exit door destructibles we could wall jump to the exit
It was really frustating beating box on sector 6 so early (and really difficult to beat it without gravity suit just to get stuck 😂 )

gr8tmaker

hey lostglaceon, would it be posible to make MFSE more "open" like MFOR, not for the rando part,but just more "open and remove the event system like in MFOR, could it be done?

shaktool7

That has already been done, try singlewalljumping to nettori early.

gr8tmaker

no, it is not, since you HAVE to FOLLOW the damn event system for each sector, you can't just go to any other sector whenever you like, you got to FOLLOW the "flow" of vanilla game, you can't just go to Sector 2 and "open" Level 1 Doors, you HAVE to go to Sector 1, THEN Sector 2, that is not exactly "open" to me.

Paulinho

Quote from: gr8tmaker on September 04, 2021, 10:15:08 AM
no, it is not, since you HAVE to FOLLOW the damn event system for each sector, you can't just go to any other sector whenever you like, you got to FOLLOW the "flow" of vanilla game, you can't just go to Sector 2 and "open" Level 1 Doors, you HAVE to go to Sector 1, THEN Sector 2, that is not exactly "open" to me.

In fact it is open. Yes, you have to go first into sector 1 and have charge beam before going into sector 2.. but when you unlock sector 2 you can have the whole game , you just need to collect power bombs so you can leave sector 2 and go to 3, unlock green doors then you can go whatever you want

Nikoshiba

I have un problem ^^
I was in Sector 6 and defeat BOX
I found my way to the secret lab wich was destroyed by SA-X and I try now to return to sector 1
But I don't have Screw Attack or Ice Missiles

And I can't defeat the gold space pirate on my way... No weapons seems to hurt him...

gr8tmaker

there is a way to destroy those gold space pirates, you have to shoot them on their backs, to do so, get close to them, afterwords they will jump to opposite direction your facing, at that moment turn around quickly shoot with either a charged shot or missiles.

Nikoshiba

I think I found a permastuck in sector 4 (when you enter from sector 6) :

At this moment, I don't have ice missiles so I can't kill the big "root" in the room on the left so I can't go any further on this side.
And as I don't have Gravity Suit, I can't go back either from where I came or "screw attack" the ground.

By the way, is it possible to early kill SA-X ?
I think I found a safe spot in Sector 6 but it's loooooooong !

EDIT : Apparently not !
I chained the Charges Shots for at least 45 minutes and after a while, SA-X stops flashing and seems to no longer take damage...

Nikoshiba

Sorry for triple posting but I found a permastuck bug in Sector 5.

Both the 2 doors of the N Room are closed.
Adam talks about finding Nightmare but I already eliminate him.
Problem is I can't exit Sector 5.
"Level 4" is locked so there is no way else to go.

EDIT : OK, it's not a permastuck (it's possible to escape but not from the Sector 5 N-Room. When you enter there, it's done) but there is no updates in Adam's objectives anymore...

I still have to fight SA-X and the Omega-Metroid. I don't have the Diffusion Missiles. Also, I didn't have the Reactor Silo Event.

Paulinho

Quote from: Nikoshiba on September 12, 2021, 02:14:23 PM
Sorry for triple posting but I found a permastuck bug in Sector 5.

Both the 2 doors of the N Room are closed.
Adam talks about finding Nightmare but I already eliminate him.
Problem is I can't exit Sector 5.
"Level 4" is locked so there is no way else to go.

EDIT : OK, it's not a permastuck (it's possible to escape but not from the Sector 5 N-Room. When you enter there, it's done) but there is no updates in Adam's objectives anymore...

I still have to fight SA-X and the Omega-Metroid. I don't have the Diffusion Missiles. Also, I didn't have the Reactor Silo Event.

The silo event and the one from the wide beam boss are skipable, but getting difusion missiles is a must.

Nikoshiba

Yeah I actually saw that ^^

Okay ! I finished version 4.2 yesterday.
Real cool experience !
(I will modestly not give my time ^^)

Aside from the blocked event system after beating Nightmare, everything is perfect.
In my humble opinion, once this ultimate bug is fixed, it will be the definitive version of Metroid 4.
Well done Lostglaceon !

scm440

What is the hard mode collection rate? 100%? Why do I end at 44%

LetsPlayNintendoITA

Quote from: scm440 on September 18, 2021, 03:12:55 AM
What is the hard mode collection rate? 100%? Why do I end at 44%
my best guess is how the game calculate the %age and how the fewer mis/pb/et you get in hard mode? best guess