News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MZM: badbad

Started by caauyjdp, December 04, 2019, 11:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caauyjdp

So, I played the hack that won bbq contest and thought, if that can be done in a day, let's see what I can prepare.
Turns out, I can't cook.

But this is still "playable" and "beatable". Didn't manage to import red crateria tho, couldn't manage to get transparency working.

Screenshots:

Credits:
biospark for mage, starting room asm and scale percent asm
cpt glitch for chozoball asm
alexman for cool ending art

[spoiler=Known issues]

• Tiling. I'm bad and not likely to do much better even if I tried.
  • Slopes in 2nd room. It was a "design decision". It seems like it doesn't let you to get oob, and works for its intended purpose as far as I can tell.
  • [Mini]map. I wasn't thinking ahead when I started making this, and map kind of maybe likes rooms to be an integer amount of scrolls, not 1.1 screen.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Walkthrough]
This is for old version, but route/items hasn't changed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32dIzvDAcs
[/spoiler]

I'm unlikely to keep working on this, but if you find bugs, do tell.

[spoiler=Changelog]
1.1 Changed some item messages, since I didn't notice 2nd line is not shown ingame.
1.2 Fixed missing clipdata in escape that could lead to oob
1.3 Quick fixup. Don't worry, it's not better, it's just more fixed. Changed all gray doors to solid clipdata because at least one of them changed to blue for unknown reason. Changed varia room a bit, hopefully can no longer solve it unintended way. Removed leftover missile tank that I forgot.
[/spoiler]

alexman25