News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid 9yin Version 2[from China]

Started by 0Zero0, October 01, 2019, 03:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0Zero0

This is a Super Metroid hack by[GuduJimoYigeren]from China, released at October 1, 2019
===================================
This hack is the sequel of the [Super Metroid Ultimate Hidden Version]!!

The author says it's going to be more abnormal this time!!
Any questions, just leave your comment down below! we will help you as we can  :twisted:
-----------------------------

ChangeLog:

2019/10/01
Released.

2019/10/14
Corrected the wrong powerbomb tiles that cause stuck.

-----------------------------

piush

I was wondering if this is finished. I have the bombs, 15 missiles, and an energy tank. I made it to the area where the charge beam and spore spawn would be found. I am now stuck looking for a super missile and navigating the crumble blocks.

0Zero0

Quote from: piush on October 03, 2019, 01:40:33 AM
I was wondering if this is finished. I have the bombs, 15 missiles, and an energy tank. I made it to the area where the charge beam and spore spawn would be found. I am now stuck looking for a super missile and navigating the crumble blocks.
First, the super missile which can be seen is can be gotten. Second, you need to find the grapple beam in the brinstar to move on after we get the super missile. Third, This version is the complete version, which can make a full collection normally.
PS.There are some seemingly cannot-go-down places in the brinstar that can actually go down.
——The author

jamablues

Hey! I am having trouble loading this game. First the IPS file on the game screen says forumattachment.thing I tried renaming it but that didn't seem to work. Then i downloaded the RAR file here, that didn't seem to have anything in it?
thanks

Sapphron

Not sure how this even happens in the first place (ForumAttachment.thing being uploaded to main site), but you need to rename the .thing file extension to .zip . Hopefully the uploader fixes this in the future.

0Zero0

Quote from: jamablues on October 04, 2019, 04:06:12 PM
Hey! I am having trouble loading this game. First the IPS file on the game screen says forumattachment.thing I tried renaming it but that didn't seem to work. Then i downloaded the RAR file here, that didn't seem to have anything in it?
thanks
I don't know why the file will turn to forumattachment.thing in main site after i submit it. the old hacks that i have submited also turned. I really have no idea what happend. actually the files' thread in main site and forums are same, if you download in main site and you got a forumattachment.thing, you just need to change [.thing]to[.rar] and extract it with winrar,then you'll got the file.

0Zero0

Quote from: Sapphron on October 04, 2019, 04:23:20 PM
Not sure how this even happens in the first place (ForumAttachment.thing being uploaded to main site), but you need to rename the .thing file extension to .zip . Hopefully the uploader fixes this in the future.
I just copy the thread in the forums with RMB menu. then paste it to main site. it always works but not recently. the download link in main site just turn into a ForumAttachment.thing, but the MD5 is same. i have no idea what had happend, can you someone tell me what i have done is in a wrong way or something?

Sapphron

Zero, can you check your DM's, please? Sent something to you.
I think the forums work weirdly and when you try to copy a download link, it turns to a ForumAttachment.thing file. I haven't tested this. If you want a surefire way, you can upload it to Dropbox (if it's available where you are)and use the download link on the main site, which is what I do. Everything else seems to work just fine though.

0Zero0

Quote from: Sapphron on October 05, 2019, 12:18:32 PM
Zero, can you check your DM's, please? Sent something to you.
I think the forums work weirdly and when you try to copy a download link, it turns to a ForumAttachment.thing file. I haven't tested this. If you want a surefire way, you can upload it to Dropbox (if it's available where you are)and use the download link on the main site, which is what I do. Everything else seems to work just fine though.
Yes, i' ve seen that and replied you.
Thank you for your advice, but Dropbox is hard to use in China especially these days.

jamablues

Thanks guys! I renamed .thing to .rar and successfully made it work. Thanks again! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

jamablues

Anyone got speed boost yet? through smile i can see where it is, only problem i see. is all roads to that location are sealed? just got gravity suit. the first room on the left in norfair where you have to fastball through the gates...the floor says you need powerbombs to open the floor, but those or anything else i have tried don't seem to work. in SMILE it does say those pb tiles are tagged as 04 so not sure if that means that those will auto open after a certain action is taken? :D :D

caauyjdp

XiaiBaiyun

Quote from: caauyjdp on October 11, 2019, 11:19:47 PM
Does the climb require you to moonfall?
What is climb?

XiaiBaiyun

Quote from: jamablues on October 11, 2019, 12:45:03 PM
Anyone got speed boost yet? through smile i can see where it is, only problem i see. is all roads to that location are sealed? just got gravity suit. the first room on the left in norfair where you have to fastball through the gates...the floor says you need powerbombs to open the floor, but those or anything else i have tried don't seem to work. in SMILE it does say those pb tiles are tagged as 04 so not sure if that means that those will auto open after a certain action is taken? :D :D
Try Grappling Beam

caauyjdp

Quote from: XiaiBaiyun on October 11, 2019, 11:57:12 PM
Quote from: caauyjdp on October 11, 2019, 11:19:47 PM
Does the climb require you to moonfall?
What is climb?
Room $96BA, state $96D1(in vanilla). Old Tourian escape shaft, aka the climb(afaik).
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I only have an etank so far.

jamablues

Quote from: XiaiBaiyun on October 12, 2019, 12:05:01 AM
Try Grappling Beam

Yea i have tried that to no avail. What I have noticed in SMILE is that if you try the room that is on the right as soon as you enter norfair...the next room to the right of that is blocked but has a slope that blocks it.. i was thinking there may be a way to use damage boost to bump you through the slope? to continue.

0Zero0

Sorry, the author said it was his mistake that placed wrong tiles, please try the new version!

jamablues

Anyone get charge beam yet? I see where it is, but seems like you need some kinda trick to be able to shoot a super missile there? awkward lol

0Zero0

Quote from: jamablues on October 16, 2019, 01:26:17 PM
Anyone get charge beam yet? I see where it is, but seems like you need some kinda trick to be able to shoot a super missile there? awkward lol
"There are three ways to get the charge beam: the first is to run and do a swing-gun-shoot obliquely to destroy the supermissle brick; the second is to stand on the edge of the door and jump up to launch the supermissle horizontally to let it cross the wall to destroy the supermissle brick; the third is to do a crystal recovery."——The Author

jamablues

Quote from: 0Zero0 on October 17, 2019, 03:45:44 PM
"There are three ways to get the charge beam: the first is to run and do a swing-gun-shoot obliquely to destroy the supermissle brick; the second is to stand on the edge of the door and jump up to launch the supermissle horizontally to let it cross the wall to destroy the supermissle brick; the third is to do a crystal recovery."——The Author

HOLY crap why didn't i think of the crystal recovery thing ahhh... :D Can confirm it works there!
Thanks!

jamablues

0ZeroO are you talking to the author directly or is there a txt i am missing with hints? lol there are 2 other areas I am stumped on with no graple blocks to pull you inside. Not really sure what to do there. I guess I don't know all the tricks lol

0Zero0

Quote from: jamablues on October 18, 2019, 01:46:03 PM
0ZeroO are you talking to the author directly or is there a txt i am missing with hints? lol there are 2 other areas I am stumped on with no graple blocks to pull you inside. Not really sure what to do there. I guess I don't know all the tricks lol
Yes, i am talking to the author directly. Then which 2 areas? Better have any screenshots?

hayen

hello can you tell me how to get rid of those block of power bombs ? i've tried power bombs and it don't work

0Zero0

Quote from: hayen on October 23, 2019, 03:59:11 PM
hello can you tell me how to get rid of those block of power bombs ? i've tried power bombs and it don't work
"Morph ball go through the door, then do nothing, just roll to the left and wait."——The Author