News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

From Zebes to Ceres.

Started by RedPhzzon, July 09, 2019, 01:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhzzon

So there's been this idea that has been in my mind for the longest time and I have yet to see any Hack pull this off...but it begs the question if it is even possible.

What if we had a Hack in which you go the Zebes first, do all the stuff needed, fight Mother Brain, and be done with it. However; in your fight against Ridley; Ridley did not die. Rather he escaped to Ceres, so you go there to finish him off at Ceres. Either that or some other random story reason to going back to Ceres.

What I'm asking is, is it possible to make it so that you go to Zebes first and then finish the game at Ceres?

dewhi100

Short answer is yes. "Anything is possible with ASM."

Longer answer is that it would take ASM to swap the "Space Colony" and "Planet Zebes" sequences. I skip Ceres anyway so IDK. You would also swap the places of Ceres Ridley with the regular one, and use more ASM to trigger the countdown.

Story-wise it could work. If it's the final battle, the stakes need to be higher though. Otherwise it just feels like cleaning up. Vanilla has the Mother Brain vs. Baby as a really good climax, one of the better executions in video game history so think about that.