News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Yeah, Kid Icarus is supposed to be really good.

personitis

Quote from: Quietus on June 20, 2013, 06:11:53 AM
Yeah, Kid Icarus is supposed to be really good.
Congrats on getting the 2500th post in TotD!
:cheers: :portal: :mwa: :flap: :D!: :huzzah:
Now, time for me to sleep...

Quietus

Haha, maybe I should have saved my 2000th post for it, and made it a double whamy? :^_^:

Quote58

Well to me the obvious game would be ocarina of time. It's a fantastic version of a classic game, and one of the few 3ds titles where the 3d just feels right. Unlike mario 3d land it doesn't really help anything, but it does enhance the experience.
Other great games include mario kart 7, Cave story 3d, Kid icarus, and Harvest moon 3d

In terms of games coming fairly soon there's pokemon coming in october and looks to be pretty interesting. There's also super smash bros, and of course LoZ: a link between worlds.

The game lineup isn't the best at this point, but there are some great ones there and considering how cheap 3ds are now an days, it's not a bad time to pick one up.

Quietus

Quote from: Shadow96 on June 20, 2013, 01:10:08 PMLoZ: a link between worlds.
I really hope this is going to be good.  The fact that the overworld is exactly the same as LttP concerns me that while the dungeons will differ, the actual story progression and world traversal will remain unchanged, which could potentially break dungeons if you know where everything is in the original.

Cloud20

I had fun today with Goldeneye. I'm removing all caps from the heads of soldiers in the Severnaya Bunker. I passed some time to shoot caps and gather it until the main control room. This is the result  :lol::

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

personitis

That makes me want to dig out my N64, hook it up, and start playing some Goldeneye (among other games as well).

Quietus

I played Goldeneye so much when it was first out.  I was heavily into speedrunning, and had equalled a number of records at the time.  I even had my name in a UK magazine for a good few months.  My favourite game type was on 007 mode, setting enemy damage to 1000%.  Basically, it's one shot and you die, except if they're using the Klobb. :lol:  Obviously some levels, particularly the open ones, are impossible, but a lot of them could be completed.  Good times. :^_^:

Cloud20

I discovered one year ago a Goldeneye community who hacks this game with a specific editor, like Smile for SM. It's a pity I havn't so many time for it, in more, I have some finish current projects XD

Smiley

So, I just (~20 minutes ago) found a game called SCP - Containment Breach. Scary stuff. Especially when playing at the middle of the night :pale:

So I was there, walking in some dark hallway. Then I just died. Seriously, I was just chilling in a dark, gloomy hallway in the middle of the night with creepy sounds in the background. Nothing wrong there. Then I hear a snap and a "You died" message appears on the screen. This was in the intro sequence T_T

In case you don't know this game, there's a creature that will kill you if you don't look at it. Appearantly it doesn't even make any sounds.

I will probably like this game :>

E: So appearantly it's not a good idea to save at a location that doesn't allow saving. :lol: Long story short, I had to restart.

Quietus

There are loads of these scare style games popping up, and some of them do a really good job.  I jumped at Toward the Light.  It's very short, but does the job. :^_^:

Smiley

Damn, this SCP game sure can be unfair at times. I was being chased by an immortal zombie thingy (SCP-096) that will chase you for the rest of the game if it ever starts to (it can even teleport if you somehow get far away from it :neutral:). So, I was running from it, and I was getting away from it. But BOOM, SCP-173 decides to appear in the next room. I almost got past it, but a certain door glitched and didn't open.

That may not sound that bad, but it sure gave me the goosebumps. I got it on video too, so, if you want to see it...
[spoiler=Warning: Kinda scary]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqZql2hxFSs&feature=youtu.be[/spoiler]

Zero One

173, not 176, but heh, SCP is good for horror and nightmare fuel. I think I'll go browse the wiki again.

Quietus

I had a quick go with it, and died in the first room twice. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

No. 1 rule of horror games: Never look back  :lol:
Seriously, turn around to see if something is there, and 90% of the time something will appear in front of you. And then if you don't look back, you get that feeling that you're being chased...
Hehe, SCP is a great game though. I've never actually finished it, I'm not sure that you can actually win. I tend to find 096 every time I play and it ends up chasing me into 173, so I die. It's a fun way to get a bit of a rush though. :)

Smiley

It is possible to finish. All you have to do is find Gate A or Gate B (and do a bit of other stuff). All this while trying to not get stuck due to elevator buttons disappearing for no reason.

Also, that rule doesn't seem to apply to SCP. If I don't turn around from time to time, 173 comes out of nowhere and kills me. Then again, if I do turn around - 096 or 106 comes out of nowhere and kills me while I'm staring at 173 and walking backwards.

Quote58

Digital_Mantra

It's hard to be a proud Canadian when we have a shit stain like Harper raping everything that ever made Canada a valued country.
But hey, whatever. Let's party!

excalinator

Hi there guys,

I've got a question, but please let me explain the reason for it first: I'm René, a 21 year old law student from Holland. In Holland, there is a competition from Nintendo called the "Luigi Snorrenwedstrijd" (Luigi's mustache competition) in which you can take part with a picture, and then get votes. The winner will win a Wii U system. My girlfriend takes part in the competition because I gave her the advise to do it. Why I gave her the advise? She really wants a Wii U, but both of us are students and don't generate that many income (Studying is expensive ._.). Currently she is first, but an other competitor is getting very close. I really want to advertise for her, so she can win the Wii U. Not that things like a computer can make a person happy, but it are the little things in life that you can do for eachother that makes life a lot more merrier.

Hopefully you guys want to help me out and vote, or maybe even ask friends to vote too. I would truly appreciate it. If it was for me, I wouldn't ask, but since I'm doing it for someone else I think it's of high importance to me.

The URL of the site is: http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/yearofluigi_moustaches/nl/ontdeksnorren.php?moustache_id=62&locale=nl-nl&view=8ba0ff1e3228371de75694733b37a7c2

The photo of my girlfriend, Rosalie Ruigrok, would appear directly. The only thing needed is to press "STEM" (Vote). No registration or whatsoever is required to vote.

You would truly help me out with this.

Thanks in advance for everything!
Greetings,

René

Quietus

I'm not sure whether you're spamming this everywherre, and never intending to reply, but since you asked politely, and created the topic in the right place, I've voted for her (as well as on m2k2). :^_^:

Lunaria

Zhs2

I would advocate that you not advertise in such a manner in the future as this is both counts as spam and isn't a topic that will garner much discussion, much less constitute anyone as your private army. Away it goes into the magical land of that thread that just keeps on growing through posts and bounds.

Quote58

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLACK FALCON!

Black Falcon

At least someone noticed it (not implying that I want to be eagerly congratulated, though...)
Thanks shadow!  :^_^: