News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectXVIII

My avatar should be enough for people to tell what my favorite show is.

Quietus

To pick something recent: The Walking Dead.  It differs enough from the comics to be very watchable, and seems to keep up the pace pretty well.

For older: Probably Red Dwarf.  The Rimmer song should come with a health warning.

Malpercio

MLP:FiM
Mythbusters, Robot Chicken
The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama

Quote58

Nice answers people. I guess since I asked I might as well contribute.
So my favourite right now would probably be either How I met your mother, Parks and recreation, or The mentalist.
Other awesome shows include Glee, One tree hill, Futurama, The OC, Greys Anatomy, and many others I'm to lazy to write.

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Quietus on May 25, 2012, 08:14:16 AM
For older: Probably Red Dwarf.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Zero One

Ah, I haven't seen Red Dwarf in ages. From what I've heard, they're creating a whole new season :D

Zhs2

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Zero One on May 26, 2012, 01:58:02 PM
Ah, I haven't seen Red Dwarf in ages. From what I've heard, they're creating a whole new season :D

The wait for a new series was harsh. Years of rumors and such, then we get that 3 part movie (Back to Earth), which was alright.
Now that they've actually set out a series, to say I'm psyched would be an understatement.
I may just marathon the lot in anticipation.

Cloud20

I'm reading few descriptions about Red Dwarf, and it looks funny, I didn't know it! Few years ago, I watched Doctor Who but losing my interest for it at the fourth season. However, I adore Fringe and Dexter, looking forward to Fringe's Se5 in september  :^_^:

Quietus

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on May 26, 2012, 01:56:21 PMSmoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Are you headed for Nodnol?  Are you meeting Ace Rimmer?  Or Dwayne Dibley?

Ah, too much nonsense to recall. :lol:

JAM

Favourite shows? Let me think...

SG-1, Å, ○U, Andromeda, Babylon 5, Star Trek (all of them, including Enterprise), Farscape, The Outer Limits (including 60's series), Battlestar Galactica (same here), Quantum Leap, Cleopatra 2525, Ψ Factor, X-Files, Captain Power, First Wave, LOST, Sliders.

As for cartoons, definitely The Real Ghostbusters, Reboot and Futurama.

And by the way, happy birthday, Sepharos. Waiting for more interviews!

Quietus

If we're adding cartoons, I'd roll with Dungeons and Dragons.  I was gutted that it was pulled before the finale aired. :sad:

squishy_ichigo

Speaking of favorite tv shows, I hear Toonami is back, running a 'night owl' slot.

Quietus

Interesting.  I'll have a look-see.  Perhaps they'll rerun Samurai Jack. :^_^:

Quote58

Quote from: Quietus on May 28, 2012, 07:44:42 PM
Perhaps they'll rerun Samurai Jack. :^_^:
That would be so awesome

Scyzer

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 400 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Three more escalation levels remain: "Crikey!", "I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

Mr K

Quote from: Scyzer on May 31, 2012, 07:13:28 AM
The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent terrorist threats and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 400 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbor" and "Lose."

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be alright, Mate." Three more escalation levels remain: "Crikey!", "I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

LOL This made my day :D. Just a quick question for you guys, I'm buying my new GFX card today. And I'm swinging between a HD7970 XFX, Or an EVGA GTX 680. I use only my TV as my computer screen its 42" 1080p its connected with HDMI Strait from the GFX card, So my new one needs to have a native HDMI port(I don't like using adapters). Case space and power requirements are not a problem what so ever, Do you guys have any recommendations? The cheapest i can find them for is around the £350-£400 mark. I already know nvidia is favorable for performance (currently own a gtx 580) But i have been hearing from people that AMD/ATI is developing new drivers that will significantly improve the performance of their 7 series cards soon.

personitis

Scyzer, that easily made my week. Favorite part is the French.

Quietus

If anybody is interested, the latest Humble Indie Bundle has some fantastic games.  Amnesia, Psychonauts, and Limbo.  As usual, it's pay what you want, but you'll need to pay $1 or more to get the Steam keys, and if you beat the average, you'll get Bastion too. :^_^:

Malpercio

Quote from: Scyzer on May 31, 2012, 07:13:28 AM[spoiler=For space]

[/spoiler]
I lol'd.

Malpercio

Job interview in an hour. Tech support for gaming consoles with a company called Stream

EDIT: Only, it's four hours.

Quietus

Mon732

Quote from: QuietusGood luck!

I'm sure you'll do fine. :yay:

Malpercio

welp, no luck. Rejected for lack of experience.

Mon732

Ah well, maybe this will make your day?