News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Infiltration

Started by alexman25, May 06, 2019, 07:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexman25

I intended to keep this hack on the down-low until release. But after a bit of nagging from a few friends of mine I've (begrudgingly) decided to make a forum post.

Introducing my latest and most likely to get finished project, Metroid: Infiltration.

Story
[spoiler]Planet Jevlar... A dwarf planet in the central Milky Way, with it's surface sprawling with great deserts. Once thought an uninhabitable wasteland, an underground water source had been discovered. Up until the current day, this planet had become a bustling trade outpost, with people from all walks of life!

This all changed when the Space Pirates arrived.

The pirates hijacked a cargo vessel to slip through the planetary defense shield undetected. The pirates broke out, taking the head city by surprise! They slaughtered civilians, destroyed homes, and rigged the water plant. What few civilians survived have either been imprisoned, or took refuge on the nearby space colony Starboard Outpost.

Samus has been sent in to find and rescue any survivors, recover the stolen goods from the Space Pirate Fortress, and restore the water plant to working condition if at all possible.[/spoiler]

Screenshots
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Plans for the hack
[spoiler]I intend for this hack to match vanilla (or at least come close) in length. It will boast a mostly original soundtrack, new palettes, and new tilesets. The hack will mainly revolve around the water plant, and whether or not you restore it. Doing so will create massive changes to the world, and give you a "better" ending.

This hack is also merging with a different project I started. More to be explained soon.[/spoiler]

Progress
[spoiler]Music: Started, nowhere near finished

Area 1: Started, has item progression going
Area 2: Concept finished only
Area 3: Tileset started
Area 4: Not started
Area 5: Mostly complete

Graphics: Nowhere near done[/spoiler]

Thanks for checking out my new hack so far. I hope these are enough screenshots to hold people over for now. I'll likely put a demo out later today, happy hacking!

VacantShadeGames

Looks cool! I really like the idea of having the player's actions impact the world as they play.
Keep up the good work!

Steel Sparkle

seems promising, those screenies look nice. Good luck!

FireStriker

Cool idea, i cant wait to see how it will turn out