News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Spider Ball and Black Space Pirates

Started by pathomSM, February 23, 2019, 09:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pathomSM

I am making a Metroid Prime 2 hack for Super Metroid.  Two things that are lacking in my hack are Spider Ball and I need to change the color of space pirates to black or make some cool prime 2 like enemies.  Is anyone here willing to help implement either of these for me?  I don't have much to offer except a few custom songs and I can send you a DEMO version of my hack to be released soon called Dark World.

albert v.

It sounds really interesting, though i don't have any usable patch, i think someone in the forums has already made a custom spider ball should be Scyzer who may have that, and about the space pirate you can edit it's palettes using tile layer pro just open up the ROM with with smile point the mouse to the enemy pirate you want to edit, right click on species and then go to the right side of the window on enemy DNA 1 scroll right to enemy DNA 2 and you should see the first Field that says palette pointer, click edit and export those, now open the ROM with Tile layer pro and you can either scroll down to offset 0016C600 or you can just paste that address in the second tab of tile layer look for goto option and paste it right there than click GO! and you should see the space pirate sprites, now you need to click on palette tab should be the fourth tab on TLP and click load, look for the you've exported from Smile, and once is loaded you should see the sprites as it is on the game, now you can edit those using the palettes tools and once you have made the changes click on palette tab again and click Save, or you can save a renamed file in case you want to keep the original palettes, ok after saving the pallets you can close Tlp and go to smile again and look for the enemy pirate you've extracted their paletts, and do the process again but now on palettes pointer, click on import palette chose the one you've edit, load that and click save! And after saving point the mouse a bit lower of that tab  and click Save enemy DNA and finally click OK. Now you'll see it's colors has been changed. 

I hope that'd work for you, if you have some doubts on using Tile layer pro, i suggest you to watch some YouTube videos, you should find some usable videos, is not that hard learning how to use it. :) Good luck!

Munchy

if memory serves me, the spider ball has only a limited capacity (I think it was a concept thing rather than a finished mod), like I feel like it didn't handle slopes or something...