News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Nature

Started by Jiffy, December 24, 2018, 07:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiffy

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on December 31, 2018, 08:32:41 PM
I just went [spoiler]through the acid[/spoiler].   Thought that seemed unreasonably difficult compared to the rest of the hack.
Yeah, that's the wrong way. I thought putting acid would discourage people from going said way, but evidently not.

DonnyDonovan

It didn't.   I beat the game that way, but it kinda sucked.   Had an earlier save and realized what I was supposed to do.   That sure would have been easier.

metalislove

Hello, i don't understand how to launch super metroid nature.

Jiffy

Quote from: metalislove on January 12, 2019, 07:39:56 AM
Hello, i don't understand how to launch super metroid nature.

:>:  http://www.metroidconstruction.com/smmm/#patching 

Here is a guide on how to apply a .IPS patch onto a clean Super Metroid ROM (you will have to get this yourself, MetConst doesn't supply ROMs.)

FPzero

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 01, 2019, 06:41:14 AM
Quote from: DonnyDonovan on December 31, 2018, 08:32:41 PM
I just went [spoiler]through the acid[/spoiler].   Thought that seemed unreasonably difficult compared to the rest of the hack.
Yeah, that's the wrong way. I thought putting acid would discourage people from going said way, but evidently not.
I saw the blue rooms on the map but never found the way to enter those rooms. So I just went through the acid. I thought it was a bit unreasonable to have to do that which made me think I must be doing something the wrong way.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Well, that happened. I guess at least now we get to pester Mst about how 'afraid' he is. xD

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 01, 2019, 06:41:14 AM
Speaking of doing things out of order,
[spoiler]I just got Gravity without having Grapple or Speed Booster (but I did have to beat Phantoon) by using super missiles to knock crabs off the ceiling and freezing them in mid air. After getting through the upper right door by doing this, I then damage boosted my way across the spike room towards the statue, and from there it was pretty easy. I must be a sequence breaking machine!  :lol:  [/spoiler]

Edit:
[spoiler]Now I got Space Jump without them as well! I feel quite accomplished now. On to Norfair! :lol: [/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

Jefe, what're the maximum loadouts for this hack? I currently have [spoiler]220 Missiles, 24 Supers, 20 PBs, 4 Reserves, and 14 Energy Tanks[/spoiler]

Jiffy

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on January 16, 2019, 03:23:40 PM
Jefe, what're the maximum loadouts for this hack? I currently have [spoiler]220 Missiles, 24 Supers, 20 PBs, 4 Reserves, and 14 Energy Tanks[/spoiler]

You need an extra 2 missile packs and 2 super missile packs. 100% isn't too hard to find, there are only 1 or 2 weirdly hidden items, but the rest are shown on the map.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 16, 2019, 03:33:41 PM
Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on January 16, 2019, 03:23:40 PM
You need an extra 2 missile packs and 2 super missile packs. 100% isn't too hard to find, there are only 1 or 2 weirdly hidden items, but the rest are shown on the map.

I found everything except 1 Missile pack. Are there any map squares with more than one item on them? Or is there an item on a non-square map tile? Is that what you meant by 'weirdly hidden' items?

Edit: Found it in Maridia near the glass tube that you shatter. Required Shinesparking upward in an awkward spot. Here are my stats:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

I just completed it faster! This is my final playthrough for now. Here are my stats:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Jiffy

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on January 18, 2019, 04:21:38 PM
I just completed it faster! This is my final playthrough for now. Here are my stats:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Glad you enjoyed it! Why don't you try for 100%?
In other news, I hear there is a Nature randomizer being developed (already!?)... I hope I am able to upload it to the Nature site along with the main patch. We shall see.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 19, 2019, 07:23:41 AM

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

In other news, I hear there is a Nature randomizer being developed (already!?)... I hope I am able to upload it to the Nature site along with the main patch. We shall see.

Ummmm, that WAS 100%. Both runs were. Am I missing something?

Jiffy

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on January 19, 2019, 05:27:07 PM
Quote from: Jefe962 on January 19, 2019, 07:23:41 AM

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ummmm, that WAS 100%. Both runs were. Am I missing something?

Oh, my bad. I meant under 2 hours.  :lol:

caauyjdp

While far from being a permastuck, pre plasma room is somewhat of a death trap for people with no skill and no space jump :(
Couldn't quite shortcharge at the bottom, and kept failing to maintain vertical ibj falling either on pirates or their shots. Didn't see another way to get out either.

edit: actually nvm, iirc space jump was somewhere along intended path, and i glitched blue gate, so this was probably my fault. sorry bout the post

Steel Sparkle

Enjoying the game so far
[spoiler]I never found GT and didn't know i was supposed to beat him. like everyone else i went straight through the Acid :p
I think my next and final destination is Tourian.[/spoiler]

Beardy

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Ri2nOneRok

Finished the hack, also got 98% but looking back at some of the posts I think I know where I have to look for that last item or 2.

[spoiler]That zebes escape finale is no joke[/spoiler]

Ethgar

Loving the hack, very well done. One problem I'm having

[spoiler]Having a lot of issues getting the missile pack in wrecked ship that requires doing boost ball. I've watched some videos of it, and I've done it other hacks of the game, but I've been at it for over an hour and haven't come close. Majority of the time I lose the boost and momentum while still in the air. I think it's the short jump I'm having an issue with, I can do it no problem with a far jump. Anyone have any tips? Or is just keep at til it cllicks?[/spoiler]

Edit: Got it, finally lol. I think people have done 100% runs quicker than it took me to get that one set

Mod-troid

Gotta say, it's a very good hack. I really liked the design of most rooms, it captures the original's feel rather nicely. The new maps are significantly larger, and yet I never felt really lost until I decided to get 100% items. Speaking of which, the Beam Burst was quite a nice addition, making Power Bombs more useful. The only thing I don't like is that some of the items are hidden in such places that I ended up just powerbombing every nook and cranny or watching YouTube walk-throughs. It's the same mistake the original Metroid did, and it wasn't cool at all. All in all, I dare to say that it's one of the best vanilla hacks I've ever seen. Especially with the custom Red Brinstar theme... Shame there aren't any more custom songs.

Juancho Aran

Hello everyone
The map of this hack exists, I still can't complete 100%

ptoil

Quote from: Juancho Aran on April 13, 2021, 04:23:43 PM
Hello everyone

Here's a map of the hack with item locations. Should help you find the items you're missing.
[spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/x3LvHwh.png[/spoiler]

Mod-troid

And it's a screenshot map, too... Quality, my lord!

Juancho Aran

Quote from: ptoil on April 13, 2021, 09:22:14 PM
Quote from: Juancho Aran on April 13, 2021, 04:23:43 PM
Hello everyone

Here's a map of the hack with item locations. Should help you find the items you're missing.
[spoiler]https://i.imgur.com/x3LvHwh.png[/spoiler]