News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Fusion: Evilution [ded project get gamer'd]

Started by kkzero, December 21, 2018, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkzero

METROID FUSION
EVILUTION

This ain't the Adam-clinging Fusion Samus you remember. This time, she's just here to kick some X-infected ass in this elaborate new hack.

Estimated release: Early 2019 if I'm working hard, possibly later if I'm hardly working.
However, there is a short demo available to prove my potential with this project.

Featuring:
-A strangled event system that better promotes exploration
-High-energy custom music with new samples
-An overall fresh take on Fusion

[spoiler=Music List]
Title - Story theme from TNT: Evilution
Main level theme 1 - "Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry" from Duke Nukem II
Arachnus - "Evil Destroyer" from Thunder Force IV
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Questions]
Q: Is the title a reference to Final Doom?
A: Yes.

Q: Why does the title edit suck?
A: It's really more of a placeholder for now, not too focused on things like that yet. There are so many palettes to that graphic that I'm just not in the mood for it currently.

Q: What's with the overall lack of new GFX?
A: Custom GFX isn't too important to me, and I'm not too good with it anyway. For now, I'm sticking mostly with vanilla assets with some edited things in between.

Q: Why does the music cut out so much?
A: It's a thing with custom music currently, there's not much I can do about it.

Q: What's with the map?
A: It's very preliminary. I replicated something I got out of a random dungeon generator. I'll edit it as I go.

Q: Why is the overall mood of this hack so edgy?
A: It's just kind of my thing.

Q: Is this your first hack?
A: Yes...well, my first "real" hack. I've made two Google Translate hacks before, one of Fusion, one of Prime 1.

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Special thanks]
P.JBoy - Out of order event sequencing tweak. This allows bosses to be fought at events they weren't coded to, allowing this hack's intended flow. Thank you so much.
biospark - Creation of MAGE and everything a part of it, as well as much of the documentation in general. Without this, there'd be no real GBAtroid hacking.
Cosmic - Nothing to do with this hack in particular, but he personally introduced me to the GBAtroid hacking thing. If he didn't, I wouldn't have gained the knowledge to create a real romhack of...anything, really. Thank you so much.
The community - There's always someone here to play a new hack.
[/spoiler]

andlabs

TF4 music gets a :thumbsup: from me
Demo is surprisingly short but promising so far

kkzero

Quote from: andlabs on December 21, 2018, 08:02:57 PM
TF4 music gets a :thumbsup: from me
Demo is surprisingly short but promising so far
Yeah, I know it's a little short, but honestly, I was so excited to just push out a demonstration of various things that haven't been seen in released Fusion hacks yet, such as custom samples, removed target system, and the out-of-order event patch. Nonetheless I'm glad you like it.

Unseen Brain

I look forward to seeing where this goes. Best of luck with your project.

Ridley12

This sounds like it could be one of the best, if not the best Fusion fan game ever made! :grin:

kkzero

So, it's been an eternity since I've said anything about this old thing. I really did have a bigger mouth than I did a Fusion hacking spirit, didn't I?
No but basically, I was working through this throughout January 2019. The thing is, though, I was getting kinda tired of the whole Metroid hacking thing. Ultimately I started feeling there was too little I could do within the limits of one particular game. On top of that, the level design as a whole in the hack turned out to be very uninspired anyway. I began to spend more of my free time that month on ideas for personal original game projects that'll never happen LOLXD, a better comfort zone for me at the time.
I still had a plan to get on it in the long run, though, despite the semi-hiatus. See, the real project killer here was another Metroid hacking project on the back-burner for months at that point. I wanted that, too, to be out as soon as possible. I worked on it throughout the month, at a very slow pace...
Until February, when a Book of Mario community member invited me to a Discord server for Google Translate game projects. The potential for this sort of community encouraged me to work on my next translation at an accelerated pace, at over 3 hours a night for each major world pak. After releasing this new mod, I was surprised to see MetroidMST's interest in streaming the Google Translate things, as it seemed like practically all the notable Metconst people had forgotten they were a thing. When the streams ultimately happened, everyone watching had a blast. Who could possibly keep a straight face to a bride's cows, suckable wheat, ducks against Canada, or dry water?
As for Fusion Evilution, it bit the dust. No more did I have interest in wrestling the event system and importing easily-cut off custom samples. With that, here's what remains of my old ambition. One that I may never pick back up.

Nabil

at Sector 3 after the B.O.X Fight i couldn't find a way out can you make an Video About the Resolution Metroid Evilotion Speedrun/Explanation how to beat the Game

kkzero

Quote from: Nabil on October 30, 2019, 11:46:04 AM
at Sector 3 after the B.O.X Fight i couldn't find a way out can you make an Video About the Resolution Metroid Evilotion Speedrun/Explanation how to beat the Game
I didn't finish the hack, it's not possible to beat it. The BOX fight is as far as it goes.

Hackmi

It's a shame this project died but, hey you gotta move on to said projects which won't happen (LOLXD) yeah same thing here lmao