News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Minitroid - Zero

Started by DestroyedChozo, August 26, 2018, 03:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DestroyedChozo

Hello everyone, today I bring to all of you the demo of Minitroid Zero. The demo is playable up to the long beam and features a mini boss. Discord https://discord.gg/tRUBpw

Cpt.Glitch

I'd suggest attaching the ips to your post, as it seems inconvenient to have to join a server to grab the demo. Even more so for those who don't have discord. Also the screenshots you posted on discord would be good to add to the thread as well.

Mayo-chan

It was an okay experience. Making chibi-sized Samus levels with a ZM sized Samus and enemies makes it feel extremely cramped and not in an immersive way. Enemies should have their health lowered, especially in the second screen in the game. The vertical shaft is nothing but a series of blind drops where you're unsure if you're going to get hit by something. Then having 4 upgrades in a row feels really anti-climatic. Even if this were a full game release, having something like feels like it's missing the point. Nothing interesting was done with the charge worm either. That being said, the Chozo Statue sprite looked neat. Not sure if the graphics were from Minitroid or were custom.

MetroidRuins

This is actually really cool. I agree with what Mayo-Chan said though, enemies need to have their health lowered. One thing I don't agree with what Mayo-Chan said is the vertical shaft with blind drops, in the original Minitroid it was like that. Overall I think this one was fun to play.  :grin:

Hackmi