News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Ultra - (super metroid game idea)

Started by Filiprb, May 31, 2018, 04:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filiprb

Hello everyone on the Metroid Contruction forums!

Ever since I beat Super Metroid for the Super Nintendo, I have been unsatisfied wth the ending;

*SPOILER ALERT*

-After beating Mother Brain, where does Samus go? You get the item collection screen, but you can never go back after the one save point that locks you in.

-It would be cool if we could link the games, but in 2d, such as Metroid Prime, but the planets are re-made in 2d.

-I hate that the last Metroid dies in the end.

*SPOILER ALERT FINISHED, UNLESS YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR MY IDEAS

Here are some ideas I have had for the game

-I was thinking, that after beating a planet, you unlock the NEXT planet, and get an extra icon for the planet you beat, so you can do it again, but with all the weapons, and all of the bosses beaten. you would even have the option to have the hyper beam at the start! (of coarse, no game genie).

-When you enter a boss room, let's say Kraid, with the unlocked planet icon, you will be prompted if you want to battle Kraid again. and you can say yes or no. if you say yes, Kraid will reassemble himself or something like that, and you will be able to beat him. again. WITH THE FLIPPING HYPER BEAM.

-The save point in lower Tourian will not affect the game. you will be able to go back at your own will.

*SPOILER AGAIN*

-Maybe you would be able to do something to prevent the Metroid from dying at the end

*ALRIGHT NO MORE SPOILERS*

Here's the thing: I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO ANY OF THIS IN SMILE, OR ANYTHING. (Metroid is just too big of a game). So, I am asking for help to help create the game with me. I have sprites, and have already started to work on level design. I also am working on a NOVEL with the same name!

If anybody is interested in helping, please feel free to comment below, or email me at filip.budd2@gmail.com.

:yay: THANK YOU :yay:

Jiffy

Firstly, if you want to talk about spoilers, if you could even call them spoilers, [spoiler=SPOILERS]use these.[/spoiler]

Quote from: Filiprb on May 31, 2018, 04:11:57 PM
-After beating Mother Brain, where does Samus go? You get the item collection screen, but you can never go back after the one save point that locks you in.

Did you not do the escape at all? Samus' mission was to rescue the last Metroid. She kinda bounty hunted MB in the process. But then the planet explodes and she escapes, so what else is she meant to do?  :heheh:

-It would be cool if we could link the games, but in 2d, such as Metroid Prime, but the planets are re-made in 2d.

No.
First of all, they're considered completely different universes (if you want to be picky) but undergoing an endeavour to create the Prime series in 2D? People tried but no attempts have gotten very far.

-I hate that the last Metroid dies in the end.

Plot.

-I was thinking, that after beating a planet, you unlock the NEXT planet, and get an extra icon for the planet you beat, so you can do it again, but with all the weapons, and all of the bosses beaten. you would even have the option to have the hyper beam at the start! (of coarse, no game genie).

Okay, this is a plausible idea, and I actually considered doing it instead of Nature right now. But what's the point of doing a "planet" again? Not worth the effort, I say.

-When you enter a boss room, let's say Kraid, with the unlocked planet icon, you will be prompted if you want to battle Kraid again. and you can say yes or no. if you say yes, Kraid will reassemble himself or something like that, and you will be able to beat him. again. WITH THE FLIPPING HYPER BEAM.

Sounds a lot like a boss rush idea. Already been done for some hacks.

-The save point in lower Tourian will not affect the game. you will be able to go back at your own will.

Probably your most sensible idea so far, because I hate how the game locks you into lower Tourian with only the ending sequence to play. If that's what you're referring to, of course.

-Maybe you would be able to do something to prevent the Metroid from dying at the end

Plot.

Here's the thing: I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO ANY OF THIS IN SMILE, OR ANYTHING. (Metroid is just too big of a game). So, I am asking for help to help create the game with me. I have sprites, and have already started to work on level design. I also am working on a NOVEL with the same name!

If anybody is interested in helping, please feel free to comment below, or email me at filip.budd2@gmail.com.

:yay: THANK YOU :yay:

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but nobody has helped for an overambitious idea and nobody ever will. You have no assets to share, no proof to show your skill, nothing.
As Tedicles describes it:

nodever2

Here's the thing: I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO ANY OF THIS IN SMILE, OR ANYTHING. (Metroid is just too big of a game). So, I am asking for help to help create the game with me. I have sprites, and have already started to work on level design.
As has been said before, you're not likely to find someone here to basically make your hack for you.
However, if you change your mind and would like to start learning how to hack metroid, it's never too late to start.. People have already made great learning resources for this. Maybe check these out:

Super Metroid Mod Manual - will tell you everything you need to know to get started
Youtube Playlist - Smile Tutorials - more helpful things

Keep in mind that these two tutorials are for different versions of SMILE.

Hopefully you'd be willing to check these out... Otherwise I don't think you'll get very far here.

dewhi100

Adding to the above, it is a lot of work just to make a simple hack, so nobody is often likely to work on someone else's idea. I recommend you make a simple hack just to get an idea of what's needed. A good first project is to rearrange the existing rooms and maybe change/move some items. It's harder than it sounds.

Cpt.Glitch

What's said has been said. Nodever has linked you some of the best SM tutorials and aid around. Because this isn't really a hack thread, and just ideas I will lock this thread. Ideas belong in the Ideas thread, and posts about hacks should consist of actual tangible content, whether that be screenshots or videos. I was you good luck on your journey on becoming a hacker of Metroid.