News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Spooky Mission 1.2.1

Started by Cpt.Glitch, February 26, 2018, 08:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

Brought to you by Magconst....
Metroid: Spooky Mission!

Imago is at it again! It now threatens the very existence of Halloween! Getting to Imago is no simple task! It has infiltrated a massive space pumpkin and sealed off all entrances. Legend says that every Halloween three Holy beings appear in the physical realm... perhaps with these spooks, as people call them, Samus can gain access to the pumpkin and save Halloween!

What's changed?
-Various bugs and errors were fixed
-Slight level design changes
-Slight Balancing changes
-Added a README
What's changed in 1.2.1?
-Fixed map error
-Fixed busted demos

Be sure to let Oneof99 or myself know of any other bugs or issues you may come across. This hack was made for the Metconst 2017 Fall Contest, and is its winner. The hack consists of three large areas, a hub, and a final area. Average blind playthough is about two hours. Linearity does not exist in this hack, so if you have difficulty in one place, try going elsewhere. We put a lot of work into this, and we hope you enjoy!
[spoiler=In-depth Credits]
biospark:
-Made "Up Door" mechanic
-Spikes
-Obtain Unknown Items
-Tractor Beam
-Scale End Percent
-Hex Tweaks
-Creator of MAGE
-ROM Compilation

Oneof99:
-Mansion Designer
-Enemy GFX
-Song Composition
-Hell Co-Designer
-ROM Compilation
-Ending Images
-README Author

CaptGlitch:
-"Up Door" co-creator
-Imago Escape Timer
-Tractor Beam Modification
-Custom Chozo Guardian AI
-Secret Ending Code
-Title Screen
-Song Composition
-Hex Tweaks
-ROM Compilation

Ing-Ing:
-Castle Designer
-Forest Designer
-Pumpkin Designer
-Majority of Enemy GFX
-Music Composition
-ROM Compilation

Cosmic:
-Status Screen Graphics
-Door Graphics (originally by Rundas045)
-Breakable tile graphics

NathanTech:
-Hell Designer
-Music Composition

Shrug:
-Provided us with the information and ability to make custom music. Truly, thank you.

*There is a special ending in the hack that takes special criteria to get. This ending is NSFW. Don't fret however. This ending is near impossible to get unless you know the criteria and are actively going for it. Please do not let it deter you from playing the rest of the hack. Thanks.[/spoiler]

Ing-ing

Oh look, the newest topic in ZM subforum is a four month old contest hack.

OneOf99

Quote from: Ing-ing on February 27, 2018, 11:35:26 AM
Oh look, the newest topic in ZM subforum is a four month old contest hack.
I didn't see you fixing errors.
#roasted

Strokend

Fun hack so far, I've obtained bombs and missiles. Started exploring Hell, but died and decided to go elsewhere to the Mansion, where I made some progress but couldn't beat the Haunted Wardrobe with only the one energy tank. I guess I never was a professional at the Chozo Ghost fight, but I did learn to recognize its attacks (ie, when it stops, jump to the side, and if the lightning is in the center, jump off the wall). Decided to run off to the castle in search of more energy, which is where I am currently, but I'm noticing that the updoors are off center. When you leave the rooms, you get placed in the outside doorway, but when entering them, you're placed to the left of the doorway.

Cpt.Glitch

Glad you are enjoying the hack Strokend!
Quote from: Strokend on April 06, 2018, 05:56:26 PMthe updoors are off center. When you leave the rooms, you get placed in the outside doorway, but when entering them, you're placed to the left of the doorway.
Hm, that may just be because someone didn't fix the door output values for the inside doors.

Strokend

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on April 08, 2018, 12:29:39 AM
Quote from: Strokend on April 06, 2018, 05:56:26 PMthe updoors are off center. When you leave the rooms, you get placed in the outside doorway, but when entering them, you're placed to the left of the doorway.
Hm, that may just be because someone didn't fix the door output values for the inside doors.

Possibly. Only other problem I had was the Gravity suit protecting against extreme temperatures.

FelixWright

Quote from: Strokend on April 08, 2018, 02:47:44 PM
Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on April 08, 2018, 12:29:39 AM

Possibly. Only other problem I had was the Gravity suit protecting against extreme temperatures.

The gravity suit does that in all games it has existed in. Or are you saying that it doesn't protect?

Steel Sparkle

this was a fun little hack to play. A lot of love and care was put into this and it was a blast to play.
I could easily recommend this for someone looking for a good time.

raygun

I only played a little of this with just my keyboard since im lacking a controller. But that little demo got me super horny. I've never seen a GBAtroid hack that looks as good as this. Great job on what ive seen so far, it blows me away. When I get a controller and complete it, no doubt more praise will be coming your way.

Strokend

Quote from: Cosmic on April 09, 2018, 11:48:04 AM
Quote from: Strokend on April 08, 2018, 02:47:44 PM

The gravity suit does that in all games it has existed in. Or are you saying that it doesn't protect?
Are you sure? I thought the Varia suit was the one that's supposed to do that. I got the gravity suit easily without grabbing the Varia.

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Strokend on April 24, 2018, 03:20:05 PM
Are you sure? I thought the Varia suit was the one that's supposed to do that. I got the gravity suit easily without grabbing the Varia.
Yes. Varia and Gravity both protect from heat damage.

raygun

I love this hack! great from beginning to end.
[spoiler=If I could name an improvement..]Unless it already exists and i havent found it, I'd add a hatchless entry to the first room of the pumpkin with the metroids so if you enter without the ice-beam, you don't get permanently stuck.[/spoiler]

OneOf99

Quote from: raygun on April 27, 2018, 12:28:57 AM
I love this hack! great from beginning to end.
[spoiler=If I could name an improvement..]Unless it already exists and i havent found it, I'd add a hatchless entry to the first room of the pumpkin with the metroids so if you enter without the ice-beam, you don't get permanently stuck.[/spoiler]
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! And yes, fixing that error you mentioned is a high priority.

Steel Sparkle

A question about the end area.
[spoiler]What is up with that exit in the room with the escape pod? Is it a trap? or does it serve some kind of purpose?[/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on May 04, 2018, 12:57:11 PM
A question about the end area.
[spoiler]What is up with that exit in the room with the escape pod? Is it a trap? or does it serve some kind of purpose?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]It was Ing-Ing being silly and punishing players for "being dumb by ignoring the ship." I'll probably remove it as it serves no purpose. [/spoiler]

115Percent

I've tried looking around for info on the secret ending but it seems you guys have done a good job at keeping it...secret. Could I at least know if it requires hard mode?

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: 115Percent on June 20, 2018, 03:23:06 PM
I've tried looking around for info on the secret ending but it seems you guys have done a good job at keeping it...secret. Could I at least know if it requires hard mode?
It can be done on either Normal or Hard Mode. It cannot be done on Easy Mode.

115Percent

thanks

Tower

so what is the requirment for secret ending?

OneOf99

Quote from: Tower on June 09, 2020, 09:41:18 AM
so what is the requirment for secret ending?
[spoiler]69% in 34 minutes (any number of seconds)[/spoiler]

Yeah, it's dumb. Sue me.

EDIT: Ok Glitch sue me for being wrong

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler]Actually it's 34:xx minutes and 69%.[/spoiler]