News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

The DOOM Topic

Started by GF_Kennon, May 20, 2009, 11:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelanyKoura

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Apparently I was doing something wrong when I loaded up a random WAD. LOL GO ME!

Zhs2

Quote from: GF_Kennon
what is that I don't even.
If I'm not mistaken, that's Big Moomoo.

Quote from: MelanyKoura
Apparently I was doing something wrong when I loaded up a random WAD. LOL GO ME!
If I'm not mistaken, you're doing it right.

Malpercio

Parabox

Heads up all Doomers! I have a Doomtastic idea full of daemon slaughtering fun!
I invite all of you to a party of gunning glory and fragfesting never seen before!
I insist Zhs2 sets up a server with No Rest For The Living (the new Doom 2 episode recently released on XBOX Live Arcade) on Nightmare! difficulty. It'll have co-op and respawning on. If you don't have the .WAD(s), I think Zhs2 can provide it for you.

Signing up will be done in this post.

List so far:
- DekuKnight
- GF_Kennon
- Reconite
- Bloodsonic (this makes me all fluffy and warm inside Bloods, but I still respect your choice)
- ProjectXVIII
- Zhs2

Post if you want to join in, registering runs until Friday 18 June.

Pro-edit: Date of playthrough will be decided after registration closes, will probably be this weekend, or whenever everyone's available.

- DekuKnight out.

GF_Kennon

Reconite

I'm in. I may have already completed it on my own on Hurt Me Plenty. But it'll be way more fun with you guys on Nightmare, I'm in need of a good old Doom co-op.

RealRed

I might as well, so count me in. Thanks for the notification, James.

ProjectXVIII

Reconite

Quote from: DekuKnight on June 13, 2010, 04:45:44 PMProtip: Shoot lots with the rocket launcher at the Cyberdemon and avoid his!

Glad Bloodsonic is joining in also.

Phazar

HOLY---!

Did Bloodsonic just post?

Parabox

Yes, he did. Purely for Doom. He's not coming back, ever. That's his choice and we gotta respect that. I also probably made it look all official and all, so that's why he didn't just email me or IM me.

Also, happy birthday, Phazar. Bassy goodness to you.

Parabox

Sorry for double post, but

Listen up, maggots. Zhs2 and I and some others have decided that Wednesday will do fine. This means registration time cuts to Wednesday 12:00 SERVER TIME.
If you have any major objections about this, let us know.

Happy Dooming.

Phazar

You know, I think I might join this.  Haven't played Doom with you guys in a long time.

GF_Kennon

OBJECTION

If that time is before 5:30PM GMT then I will not be there, college stops for no one, not even hell!

Zhs2

Quote from: GF_Kennon
If that time is before 5:30PM GMT then I will not be there, college stops for no one, not even hell!
Bah, you won't need to worry about that. I'll probably be waking up an hour afterwards.

Parabox

Alright you bunch of good for nothing marines. Today's the day we put our skill to the test. This day we fight. This day we shall prevail. The endless horde may be powerful, but if we band together I know they won't stand a chance.

Primerary goal: Staying alive.
Secondary goal: Escaping to Earth from Hell.

Also, Phazar, are you with us or not? Would be nice to know before we kick off.
That is all.

- Corporal DekuKnight out.

Zhs2

(Hint: Load up Nerve_demo.wad in Skulltag, enter the password "norest" in the Multiplayer -> Server Password, and then connect to 96.231.159.157:10666.)

You have your orders, soldiers.

Phazar

Sorry I wasn't able to make it this time, but weekend's free if you want.

Parabox

I guess we could have another run this weekend, as somehow I fail to see how to connect.

Zhs2

Bump.

connect 96.231.159.157:10666
is a console command. Alternatively,
connect 96.231.159.157

Malpercio

bah, that's what i get for not logging into the forums for a week straight. im in for next run/whatever/whenever

Parabox

This weekend would do great for all, no? Don't know what we should run through though. Neo Doom? Anyways, would seem to me like a good idea if we all used Skype or TeamSpeak for more awesome communication.

Zhs2

Phazar

I'll probably be somewhat busy due to band practices, but something like 8 PM or so will do.  The night is always a nice time to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Parabox

Zeke, Ventrilo Harassments. That is all.