News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Re: Fall Hack Contest

Started by Cpt.Glitch, September 22, 2017, 04:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpoOkyMagician

Okay. :<_<: I will have to find another room to add then. Thanks.  :^_^:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Charmander106

I'm just wondering about the no modding of the Red Crateria tileset, can we move the data and still be accepted or must the offsets stay the same?
Another thing, is the palette the only thing that can't be changed or will it include the table as well as graphics?

I'm sure this doesn't need explaining but I just want some clarity before submitting a hack.

Quote58

the offsets can for sure be moved around, the only provisions about the room are that it must use the exact palette, gfx, and tiletables as red crateria, include spikes, have some underwater portion without gravity suit, and be pointless in the context of the rest of the hack.

Cardweaver

For the 10 rooms rule: Do there need to be 10 separate room headers or can it be 10 navigable areas separated by door transitions?

liamnajor

hopefully not headers, otherwise Metroid 2 hacks can't be entered.

PS I'm making a point that it would be stupid that way, as different games have different ways of sorting headers, and in metroid 2s case, there are 7 HUGE ones.

Quote58

First, room headers obviously only relate to super Metroid. Second, the rule is rooms, not headers, so you can take that to mean groups of screens separated by doors.