News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Am2r

Started by MetroidRuins, August 27, 2017, 02:46:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidRuins

Making an AM2R Super Metroid Hack.
Anyone wanna help?  :grin:

PHOSPHOTiDYL

;//[08AA08 to 19]
;//[08AA2E to 1A]

Changes in the vanilla transition table let you hold a charge & spinjump while walljumping, like in AM2R.

MetroidRuins

Thank You!
Time To Go play AM2R!

MetroidRuins

Quote from: PHOSPHOTiDYL on August 27, 2017, 10:56:34 AM
;//[08AA08 to 19]
;//[08AA2E to 1A]

Changes in the vanilla transition table let you hold a charge & spinjump while walljumping, like in AM2R.
Problem... I can now only wall jump of a wall once
How can I make it where I can restart a spin jump
EDIT: Is there a way to set a button to a quick morph like in am2r?

PHOSPHOTiDYL

There's a respin patch.
It involves a new transition table, so values will be different.

In T83, you want to replace dw $0000,$0040,$0013 w/ dw $0000,$0040,$0019.
In T84, you want to replace dw $0000,$0040,$0014 w/ dw $0000,$0040,$001A.

I'm not sure how to give samus forward momentum when performing a spinjump like AM2R.
Pretty sure Super Metroid Vino does it, if that explanation isn't clear enough.

Quick morph involves adding to the transition table, at least that's the easiest way.
Respin provides $0426 bytes free space from 08ABEA to 08B00F in the transition table, so plenty of space to work with.

There's a post by grime on the project base thread, it includes a custom transition table.
There are quick morph values you can search for & add to the respin table.

As for the transition table, dw $xxxx,$yyyy,$zzzz.

xxxx = button pressed
yyyy = button held
zzzz = pose to transition to

MetroidRuins

Thank you, I will make an edit if I have further problems :grin:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3huYZ8v7cY8[/spoiler]

makazuwr32

Nice Work! i'm looking forward for this hack.
Especially if this would become such worked as Super metroid X-Fuson

MetroidRuins

Quote from: makazuwr32 on August 28, 2017, 02:35:33 AM
Nice Work! i'm looking forward for this hack.
Especially if this would become such worked as Super metroid X-Fuson
THX

Metaquarius

So you've edited the landing site and made a thread about it.
Good job.... I guess ?

MetroidRuins

Quote from: Metaquarius on August 28, 2017, 03:04:15 PM
So you've edited the landing site and made a thread about it.
Good job.... I guess ?
:lol: HAHA I'm gonna do more!..

MetroidRuins

I fixed the pallete, and now it looks more like AM2R.

MetroidRuins

Hi, I'm killing this project for now...  :sad: But the reason why is because I'm Making an enhanced Super Metroid hack first to see if I can even accomplish a zero mission styled hack.

PHOSPHOTiDYL

You already have the first room & area palette, just go with it.
All my early ideas, designs, & plans are in the trash.
It'll never turn out exactly how you want it to.

Your also not gona get anything done unless you actually do it.

MetroidRuins

OK, I have an Idea... I'm gonna use NAMI as a wallfire. :yay:

MetroidRuins

Should I use AM2R maps or Metroid 2 Maps?... :?:

personitis

Quote from: MetroidRuins on September 01, 2017, 11:17:44 AM
Should I use AM2R maps or Metroid 2 Maps?... :?:
Or use you can make your own. It's my opinion that you shouldn't come into a creative hobby hoping to impress or make something for anyone but yourself. If people like it, they will come. As PHOSPHOTiDYL has mentioned, your first works are usually never going to turn out to be what you envision in your head. You'll either review and revise your ideas a lot or you'll scrap multiple ideas before you arrive at one that "clicks" with you. This is why a lot of the time you see others telling people to "start small": it gives the person time to familiarize themselves with the hobby/task while not swamping them with work.

Ultimately, this is advice which you can take however you want. I advise if you're going to commit to a larger project that you have a good level of concentration and the drive to see it through. Too many times have I seen this
Quote from: MetroidRuins on August 27, 2017, 02:46:20 AM
Making an AM2R Super Metroid Hack.
Anyone wanna help?  :grin:
Turn out zero results. Best of luck. :awesome: :portal: :flap: :huzzah: :D!: :shocking:

MetroidRuins

Thank you for suggesting to make My own.. I'll do that. :grin:

MetroidRuins

I've decided to make my own sprite work for this game, also I now have a name for this project...
          METROID
      Second Mission
             :grin:

EDIT: It won't be entirely new sprite sheets, just a few like in AM2R

dewhi100

Be careful. It's easy to come up with some grand idea only to get lost in the details of implementation. I'm working on a micro-hack with less than 10 rooms and I still don't know whether it will survive on to see the light of day.

Steel Sparkle

As cool as this would be i agree with Dewhi. It might be best to start small and work your way up to the bigger projects once you got a hang of how things work when it comes to hacking.

DonnyDonovan

Lots of good advice in this thread.   Honestly, take it slow, post less, hack more, learn, and if you have questions post them in the inner-workings threads.   Everyone is helpful as long as they know you are serious about learning and getting better.   

This board is littered with posts announcing new hacks with landing site pictures.   If we had a nickel for every one that never saw the light of day we'd all have enough $$ to buy a really fancy latte.   

Your first project might be small.   It might be 10 rooms.  It might be half-hacky.   But if you are committed you won't find a friendlier group. 

MetroidRuins

Hi, I would like to say this is NOT my first hack... I have made hacks before this one, but never posted them because they felt like every other hack. Now, I'm taking that knowledge and making an almost completely original hack. Thank you for all of your feedback, and have a nice day.

Jiffy

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on September 03, 2017, 12:08:45 AM

Looks like a nice landing site. Where can I play this?  :whoa:

MetroidRuins

I'm not releasing a demo until I have the first area done.