News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Help Thread

Started by biospark, November 04, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

115Percent

It was actually a billion times easier...Thanks a lot I clearly didn't explore the tool enough.

Keaton

Hey I was wondering if I could get some help. I'm making a hack and I imported a Metroid Fusion background and after you get a item the background becomes ungarbled.
But every other room the background is garbled is there anything I can do to fix this?
Modify message

Hey do you think someone could help me. I'm starting a small hack and I have changed the tilesets and backgrounds and changed what BG1 and BG2 look like but every time I get past the starting text the screen is just black. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Here is the video of me "playing" my hack and watch the video to see what happens https://youtu.be/GuK79N4iD4k

Hey can anyone help me when ever I try to import a tileset this happens. It says I can't import a tileset because of some error and its only with the tilesets. can anyone help me with this? :pale:

Chemical-X

How do I edit the title screen graphics ?
I would like to remove the words *zero mission* but have no clue where to look in the gfx or rom to find it.

Cpt.Glitch

Go here for graphical locations. Use the tiletable editor to edit the title screen without having to change the graphics. As you can simply replace the "Zero Mission" part with blank tiles.

Keaton

Hey guys there is something wrong with my save station in brinstar. So heres the story I imported a tileset from a image heres the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NndM9H5PcY&feature=youtu.be can someone help me :whoa: :O_o: :suspect: :awesome:

JumZhu

If you have a backup, you can try again. If not, you can re-import the original tile

Chemical-X

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 19, 2018, 09:46:51 AM
Go here for graphical locations. Use the tiletable editor to edit the title screen without having to change the graphics. As you can simply replace the "Zero Mission" part with blank tiles.

Thanks I found the graphic tiles in mage, if I want to edit the title screen palette how do It correctly ?
Looking at mage graphic editor, I don't see an option where I can edit the correct palette for it.  :neutral:

Cpt.Glitch

Enter the offset found on the graphical map in the palette editor.

Chemical-X

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 20, 2018, 10:06:27 AM
Enter the offset found on the graphical map in the palette editor.

Of the tileset editor, if so I looked and put in this offset 4470E0.
The palette doesn't match up to the original colors nor can it be modified.
I check the palette editor and did not see a graphical map.
A screen shot of what you are talking about would help out alot.
In the mean time:
https://youtu.be/eufO3-qObxk

Cpt.Glitch

The document I linked contains palette offsets as well as graphical ones. Locate the palette offset on that document, then put the offset in the palette editor and modify it.

Chemical-X

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on August 21, 2018, 08:02:52 AM
Locate the palette offset on that document, then put the offset in the palette editor and modify it.

Thanks I got it working.

Keaton

Hey does anyone know how I can change the palletes for hatches?

Hey I'm having an issue with my doors everytime I enter one I apear in the door only to get stuck in a ifinite loop can someone help me  :cry:

Cpt.Glitch

Hatch palettes are located in the Generic Background Palette. These offsets are found in the technical document that came with MAGE.

Chemical-X

About mage 1.3 pre-applied patches by bio sparks, how do I enable and disable the ones I need ?
If I double click on disable chozo statue hints, nothing happens if i hit apply, same effect.
I need some of them restored for my hack I am currently working on at the moment.

OneOf99

Quote from: Chemical-X on September 06, 2018, 08:35:35 AM
About mage 1.3 pre-applied patches by bio sparks, how do I enable and disable the ones I need ?
If I double click on disable chozo statue hints, nothing happens if i hit apply, same effect.
I need some of them restored for my hack I am currently working on at the moment.
You cannot disable the patches, since they write code into the game that makes them work. The only reason they are included in the editor is because they don't use up any free-space.

Chemical-X

Quote from: OneOf99 on September 06, 2018, 09:13:46 AM
You cannot disable the patches, since they write code into the game that makes them work. The only reason they are included in the editor is because they don't use up any free-space.

Well thats no good then, I needed add elevators-keep cut scenes, and chozo statue hints.
Thanks for the response

Keaton

Hey everyone just a quick question how do I add water to my tileset?

FelixWright

Quote from: Chemical-X on September 06, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
Quote from: OneOf99 on September 06, 2018, 09:13:46 AM

Well thats no good then, I needed add elevators-keep cut scenes, and chozo statue hints.
Thanks for the response

are you trying to enable or disable those patches? to enable them you enter the patches menu, select a patch, and hit apply then close. to disable them, you are going to need to make a counter patch which is as easy as the following:

1) make a copy of your vanilla rom
2) patch the copy with the patches you do NOT want
3) create an IPS patch with the copy as the unmodified file and the vanilla rom as the changed file
4) use the IPS you just created on your main project

the patches should disappear.

Chemical-X

I wish it was that simple but as someone said before, biospark locked those patches in his current editor.
So that no one else could enable or disable it.
I am not going to ask him or ask again in here, just to keep the staff from getting pissed off and keeping things peaceful as they are.

Cpt.Glitch

Uh I am not sure what you are talking about. It is that simple and no one is going to get upset about anything.

FelixWright

Quote from: Chemical-X on September 08, 2018, 10:20:11 PM
I wish it was that simple but as someone said before, biospark locked those patches in his current editor.
I am not going to ask him or ask again in here, just to keep the staff from getting pissed off and keeping things peaceful as they are.

The patches are not disabled or locked. There is no reason for biospark to remove or lock them. Oneof99 said they cannot be DISABLED/removed within mage but they can still be enabled/applied. And I just described to you how you could remove the patches after they are applied. It is that easy to do. This is not MAGE's fault or biospark's fault, it is yours.

So many gbatroid hackers blame the editor or biospark over something that is their own fault. It's irritating

OneOf99

Quote from: Cosmic on September 09, 2018, 02:14:36 AM
Quote from: Chemical-X on September 08, 2018, 10:20:11 PM
Oneof99 said they cannot be DISABLED/removed within mage but they can still be enabled/applied.
Sorry if I caused any confusion about this. I was merely stressing that Mage itself cannot perform this function. It is technically always possible to do whatever you want with the rom.

Keaton

Quick question everytime I enter a new door I made I end up stuck in a loop how do I fix this?

FelixWright

Quote from: Keaton on September 19, 2018, 03:09:31 PM
Quick question everytime I enter a new door I made I end up stuck in a loop how do I fix this?

What door is it connected to? What's the exit distance of the door?

Keaton

Cosmic right after I posted the question I figured out how to fix it lol  :lol: