News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Trading Center Deletion

Started by squishy_ichigo, October 09, 2016, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squishy_ichigo

As a long time member and former mod, I think I can say that the Trading Center board is dumb and should be deleted. Any and all requests can be done via pms, irc, or asked on the Engine Works board.

Trading Center

This board was previously semi-hidden, which was, quite frankly, stupid. Feel free to request or answer any requests for stuff here (be warned that requests must be within reason, or they will be subject to deletion!)

I feel that this board is setting new users up for failure, who may not realize that their request is too extravagant. I suggest deleting old threads that don't follow the very rules that the board suggests, and moving all other posts over to Engine Works.

Now, seeing as I don't actually have any real power in decision making anymore, this is obviously just a suggestion, and I hope other people (potentially staff) will respond to this thread with similar concerns.

ProjectXIX

Yeah fuck that board

Seriously though why is there a board just for the purpose of letting newfags beg for resources

RealRed

No you fool the trading center is tight. I used it like 3-4 times when making Hyper Metroid.

squishy_ichigo

Now, RealRed has a valid point, legitimate use of the board can be helpful. I feel like most requests can be delegated to irc or a private message, but sometimes that just isn't enough.

But at the same time, I feel the board isn't used correctly nearly enough for its continued existence. If it's to continue existing, it should at least become private again or something, so people like RealRed might actually use it legitimately without it being used incorrectly.

Lunaria

mmm, I do think it has some usage in theory..., but as it stands no one is actually using it much these days. A lot of proper requests among oldbies happens in PMs or over IRC instead. Plus, I would personally be more towards advocating everyone to just release their shit publicly anyway, since that gives everyone more assets to use.

Basically, I'm not against closing it myself, but I don't really feel that strongly about it.

Grimlock

I think the description could definitely be updated:

"This board was previously semi-hidden, which was, quite frankly, stupid. Feel free to request or answer any requests for stuff here (be warned that requests must be within reason, or they will be subject to deletion!)"

The whole bit about it being hidden was probably appropriate when it was opened up publicly but after X # of year's, it's pretty irrelevant.