News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Advance Game Editor (MAGE) Thread

Started by biospark, June 21, 2016, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower

i accidently used tile 160 in maptile builder and status screen is all glitched out.

https://imgur.com/bDWuHO6

Tower

Quote from: caauyjdp on November 01, 2023, 10:53:20 AM
Quote from: Tower on November 01, 2023, 06:13:21 AM
how do i get pirate ship to open so i can end game without timer? Like in desolation. Or do i need to get it patched?
You need to edit the code of the game to allow that. One way of doing it, if you have a hex editor, open your rom, go to file offset 4AFEC. Values there should be 00 28 in vanilla, change them to 01 E0.

Sorry but what is offset, i get hex editor and get to 0004afe0 but next is 0004aff0

FelixWright

Quote from: Tower on November 02, 2023, 01:28:15 PM
Sorry but what is offset, i get hex editor and get to 0004afe0 but next is 0004aff0

think of reading offsets like playing a game of battleship. the values on the left go up or down in 0x10 (16) increments, hence why they always end in 0. Along the top though you see 0 through 9, A through F. cauuy wants you go go to $4AFEC. So when you jump to that address, it actually takes you to $4AFE0, but you look along the top row (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F) until your eye rests at C. line them up and there you go.

Tower

thank you. Do you have any idea how to fix my problem with maptile builder?

SpineShark

[persisting event spriteset]
Hello, I'm editing a room which has two spritesets but I want it to only use the default one, so I overwrote the first spriteset in the header with [pointer:3BF884 set:0 event:0].
But now the room just has no sprites in it if the original event was triggered. How do I fix this? Do I just copy the default spriteset pointer over the first one?
I'm using kazuto's sequence breaking fusion hack as a base, if that changes anything.

MegaManZX1.2

In my opinion the editor is Very Good to use in the other rom Hacks that were made in the past but then Again seeing other people's Metroid hacks is very ironic. Thank you for your continued support.

ModdedMage

How can I "transfer" data from a project file to another rom. I tried renaming it but it didn't work, is it possible to do so.

alexman25

Quote from: ModdedMage on July 18, 2024, 10:44:16 AM
How can I "transfer" data from a project file to another rom. I tried renaming it but it didn't work, is it possible to do so.

Renaming it like you tried is the correct option. Do the file names match correctly? And did you try closing and reopening MAGE?

If all else fails, rewriting a project file from scratch is pretty easy.