News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Alternate Fusion

Started by Eppy37, January 17, 2010, 02:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkb1723

Quote from: Eppy37 on January 16, 2012, 05:35:56 AM
So I've decided to start working on this hack again. Going to edit what I can and try to work around the Bugs that DH has. One such bug that I can't work around atm is a sprite set bug. I can only edit the first sprite set but the other ones cannot be moved. An example of this is the first large TRO room. When you first enter the sector, there are those worm enemies crawling on the walls. After you beat a boss and get High Jump, those enemies are replaced with the cocoons. The cocoons, and later, the Hornets are on the latter 2 sprite sets and cannot be moved from their original location. this is proving to be a problem for certain rooms.

For now, I'll work around this issue by editing rooms that won't have this problem. I'm currently working on an unfinished AQA large room that is coming along quite nice so far. I'll have a pic up for that next week. In the meantime, here is an older pic of a room that i worked on when i last worked on this project.
OLD

NEW

(Note: There was no background for the bottom-left corner of the room so i had to piece it together to match the rest of the room as shown. Also need to do something about the shadow at the top of the room...)

I see that you've replaced the grey door with a yellow door. First, yay someone used the yellow door outside sector 5! Second, does this change where the door goes? I've played around in Double Helix before and noticed that doors seem to have numbers like Green doors 1-6 and the like.

Jiffy

I like this project, but is it still active? I may want to continue it if you've either abandoned it or have no motivation to finish it.