News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Questions About Start A New Hack

Started by DanielGCosta, May 25, 2016, 08:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielGCosta

Hey Guys. I have three questions.

First
  Someone would have a tutorial about how to apply a GFX to change the hack layout (I'm Beginner).

Second
  Someone would have a patch (.ips) of morph ball like that used in the RevolutionEx or RBO Insane Hack's?

Third
  I try to apply "StartWithItens".asm in my test hack but dind't work. Someone have an tutorial to help me?

I'm Brazilian Fan. Sorry for the bad english.
Thanks...

A Dummy

This looks more like it belongs in "Engine Works" and not "Completed Stuff", over there is where you will find any information on how something might be done.
Should be various guides you can look at if you want to know how to do something.

Quietus

Quote from: DanielGCosta on May 25, 2016, 08:29:16 PM
First
  Someone would have a tutorial about how to apply a GFX to change the hack layout (I'm Beginner).
It depends on how many tiles you want to change within a given tileset. The following assumes you're using SMILE RF. To replace the whole tileset, click Windows > Tileset Editor, then select the tileset you wish to change in the 'GFX Info' box. Click GFX > Import SCE Graphics, then select your .gfx file.
To replace only parts, click Windows > Tileset Editor, then select the tileset you wish to change in the 'GFX Info' box. Click GFX > Export SCE Graphics. Open this exported .gfx file in TLP as well as your chosen .gfx file. You can then drag and drop which tiles you want, then save your new .gfx file. Repeat the steps above to import them back in.

Quote from: DanielGCosta on May 25, 2016, 08:29:16 PMThird
  I try to apply "StartWithItens".asm in my test hack but dind't work. Someone have an tutorial to help me?
There are a few steps involved in getting this working:
Open the .asm file in Notepad (or something similar).
Uncomment any lines you do not want to use. (I believe you just remove the ';')
Enter the values for the items you wish to start with. To find the values, right-click a PLM, then scroll up and down in the PLM Selector to find the item you want. The item value is on the right in the Upgrade PLM box. Just add the values you want together. e.g. For Charge and Ice, add 1000 and 0002 to get 1002. This should make you start with both beams.
Remember that if you're editing the things you start with in Ceres, you need to uncomment different lines, so read the the notes included in the .asm file.
Apply the .asm. Click ROM > IPS / ASM Patch > Apply ASM Patch, then select the file you edited above.

Good luck! :^_^: