News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Sacred's Open Invitational (Canceled)

Started by SacredHooves, May 21, 2016, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Mission run: What standard would you prefer?

Any% Normal
5 (83.3%)
100% Normal
1 (16.7%)
Low% Normal
0 (0%)
10%HARD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: June 07, 2016, 12:16:01 AM

SacredHooves

Open challenge time! On Friday, June 10th (2 weeks and 6 days from now) I will be doing two Metroid Zero Mission runs: I am now throwing both down as open challenge runs! I will be doing a 2PM EST (for the British/Australian people) and a 8PM EST (for the US folks)

If you'd like to race be there at either time, additionally if you'd like to record your run to go onto YouTube, email/pm me here so I can get a head count going into the runs. I look forward to any and all who come join me for the fun and disasters that await us

Cpt.Glitch

SacredHooves

lol I shoulda typed that in: It will be EST timezone. I will update the main post with that info shortly. Side note: We will all be using the same UN-altered ROM for the runs

Zero One

While I love the community interaction that's going on here, I feel I should point out that community races are set up by MetroidMST.

Please carry on with the MZM race; it'd be a bit shit of me to kill it off, but in the future, MST will be the one doing official community races.

SacredHooves

Quote from: Zero One on May 21, 2016, 02:20:10 PM
While I love the community interaction that's going on here, I feel I should point out that community races are set up by MetroidMST.

Please carry on with the MZM race; it'd be a bit shit of me to kill it off, but in the future, MST will be the one doing official community races.

I do apologize, I will in the future re-direct my suggestions to him. I just felt like at the very least leaving some form of formal invitation to join me that day

TheAnonymousUser

2 questions:
1) What category? (any%? 100%?)
2) Which difficulty? (I would assume normal, but better to ask)

SacredHooves

A1: Depends on what the vast majority who attend want. Id like to do one 100% run and one any%
A2: Normal, because I want people to feel welcomed without being punished for being rusty/new

Cpt.Glitch

Perhaps have a poll for the category? I'm fine with any category, even low% but others want specific things.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: SacredHooves on May 21, 2016, 12:15:00 PM
Open challenge time! On Friday, June 10th (2 weeks and 6 days from now) I will be doing two Metroid Zero Mission runs: I am now throwing both down as open challenge runs!
If you'd like to race be there at either time, additionally if you'd like to record your run to go onto YouTube, email/pm me here so I can get a head count going into the runs. I look forward to any and all who come join me for the fun and disasters that await us

Well I can't sit at a computer all or night and do that race, however if you do indeed accept recordings I'll gladly do it and give you the link by pm.

Probably won't get a 100% but just for the hell of it I'll try.  :twisted:
Do you mind if I use the japanese metroid zero mission rom, I prefer it over the english version.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on May 27, 2016, 06:56:43 PM
Quote from: SacredHooves on May 21, 2016, 12:15:00 PM
Open challenge time! On Friday, June 10th (2 weeks and 6 days from now) I will be doing two Metroid Zero Mission runs: I am now throwing both down as open challenge runs!

Well I can't sit at a computer all day or night and do that race, however if you do indeed accept recordings I'll gladly do it and give you the link by pm.

Probably won't get a 100% but just for the hell of it I'll try for laughs.  :twisted:
Do you mind if I use the japanese metroid zero mission rom, I prefer it over the english version.

SacredHooves

So I added a poll, there are two options and two languages with each option.
As far as submitting videos instead....I welcome it, but I'd like one person to be able to verify the run with it being watched is all I ask.

TheAnonymousUser

Unless the japanese version of zero mission is significantly different from the english version (ie. massive time saves over the english version), there isn't really much need to have english categories and japanese categories in the poll (imo, language is mostly runner's preference, and usually doesn't save an awful lot of time)

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: SacredHooves on May 28, 2016, 12:17:56 AM
As far as submitting videos instead....I welcome it, but I'd like one person to be able to verify the run with it being watched is all I ask.

Well then since MetroidMst is a lets play, live play and speed runner on youtube, let him verify that to keep the information correct.

SacredHooves

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on May 28, 2016, 06:57:12 AM
Quote from: SacredHooves on May 28, 2016, 12:17:56 AM

Well then since MetroidMst is a lets play, live play and speed runner on youtube, let him verify that to keep the information correct.
Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on May 28, 2016, 04:43:41 AM
Unless the japanese version of zero mission is significantly different from the english version (ie. massive time saves over the english version), there isn't really much need to have english categories and japanese categories in the poll (imo, language is mostly runner's preference, and usually doesn't save an awful lot of time)

My two things there: #1 in regards to language I am going to see if there is ANY major time savers and get back on that one. #2 Make sure MST knows you that and is willing ahead of time please :)

RealRed

I'm pretty sure anyone can have a race if they can organize it, get players together, and make it happen.

SacredHooves never said the word 'official'. He wants to race some dudes. What's up with this power play?

Zero One

People can go nuts for races, no power play. I was simply asked to point it out.

SacredHooves

Quote from: RealRed on May 29, 2016, 09:55:14 PM

I'm pretty sure anyone can have a race if they can organize it, get players together, and make it happen.

SacredHooves never said the word 'official'. He wants to race some dudes. What's up with this power play?
Quote from: Zero One on May 29, 2016, 10:18:36 PM
People can go nuts for races, no power play. I was simply asked to point it out.

@RealRed yeah my original posting in the title was -MetConst Community Race-  I since then changed it to -Sacred's Open Invitational- to avoid causing more issues
@Zero One: Thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

Lunaria

On the contrary, I actually like the idea of this, whatwith being more open ended to people living in various time zones by offering two outings.

Dark-SA-X

I changed my mind for participating in the race, I can't get in the mood for it nor do what I want to look at mzm.

SacredHooves

So just an official posting for the race (now 6 days away). The 8 PM race slot has been cancelled due to my absence that evening (damn you work), but if people still want to gather and race each other have at it!  The 2PM is still on and from the looks of the polls is going to be an Any% normal run: but we will know by Tuesday for sure.

Thank you to everyone whose voted, and will be there for the 2PM (EST) race!  I am really sorry about having to pull out of the 8PM one

SacredHooves

So I need to make an ammendment to this, as my workplace requires my attention all day.  I am sorry about this but I wont be able to attend EITHER time frame for this event.  If you still want to do it have fun: but I officially have to withdraw myself.  Hopefully the next Invitationals will actually happen without an isssue

Technomagus

Ah, wonderful RealLife(TM), where the graphics are shit, the plot makes no goddamn sense, and in the end, the hero dies.