News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Snow Caves Tileset

Started by Physix, May 18, 2016, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Good stuff yo. When it was mentioned that the styles between Samus and the tilesets clash, I'm in the same boat, though it's not necessarily a bad thing. Your tiles have a soft feel to them whereas SM has a bit of a unique noisy style.

Also, I'd be willing to push these into a format/files which SM could use if you're cool with that. If so, I've noticed you've been posting foreground tiles and I'm not seeing a bunch of background. Those would be nice to have as well.

passarbye

Quote from: personitis on July 23, 2016, 01:42:23 PM
Good stuff yo. When it was mentioned that the styles between Samus and the tilesets clash, I'm in the same boat, though it's not necessarily a bad thing. Your tiles have a soft feel to them whereas SM has a bit of a unique noisy style.

Also, I'd be willing to push these into a format/files which SM could use if you're cool with that. If so, I've noticed you've been posting foreground tiles and I'm not seeing a bunch of background. Those would be nice to have as well.
I think his tiles would work better with MZM rather than SM, but that's something I'll have to experiment with another day. I'd like to see more plant over-growth and just more plants overall since I think it would compliment the set well.
Also, maybe you (Physix) could try to incorporate some of your Ceres tiles into this? Obviously not as-is, they would need some reworking, but i think they could also be flexible enough to be a decent expansion to the set. Idk, maybe I'm crazy..  :heheh:

Physix

Quote from: passarbye on July 23, 2016, 04:46:11 PM
I think his tiles would work better with MZM rather than SM, but that's something I'll have to experiment with another day.

It works just fine. It can use some sharpening in places (terrain tiles), but it just works. I like how Samus and the HUD and the projectiles/enemies pop out from the rest of the image.