News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikoshiba

Ah Okay !
I saw this topic but I don't know your MPE EpV was called "Alternate M" too...
I'm looking forward to playing these two games !!!

Keep the faith ! ^^

kitsune_kuran

Help! I've gotten the super missiles red phazon suit, morphing ball, charge beam, dark beam, beaten the big ghost thing (Which i believe is phantoon), the spore thing, and i even went back to get the spazzer but what do i do now? i didn't miss something i cant get now did i?

dsc

Keep exploring! ^^ I got stuck at that point too

[spoiler]But you'll have to know how to walljump for the next part unless you can use the breakable blocks effectively in the station like area you go through at the very beginning[/spoiler]

I am currently missing
[spoiler]Screw Attack & Plasma Beam[/spoiler]

I've nearly completed this game ^^

kitsune_kuran

Haha thanks that helped i forgot all about that area
[spoiler] now i'm stuck at the green statue boss >.< [/spoiler]

dsc

hmmm.... [spoiler]Green? You mean Phazon Mines area right?[/spoiler] Anyways PM me so we can discuss this even better

Well... I got all the equipment and bout 4 of those Gear thingys, what do I do now? I've been everywhere and I'm completely stuck

nvm thxs to google showing me the map I know where to go ^

Dammit I need those Gears to access the final area x_x

Reminds me of the Prime trilogy X) Having to acquire certain items to access the final area X3

Mission Complete Time 9:40

kitsune_kuran

Im still stuck at the same spot x.x
[spoiler] i have 6 energy tanks, one reserve tank, 36 missiles, 5 phazon missiles, the charge, dark, echo, and spazer beams, morphball and high jump and i still can't beat the gray statue with the yellow visor or whatever ot is (the one in phazon mines) [/spoiler]
Am i not supposed to be there yet or something? x.x

danidub

Quote from: kitsune_kuran on June 29, 2013, 05:47:54 AM
Im still stuck at the same spot x.x
[spoiler] i have 6 energy tanks, one reserve tank, 36 missiles, 5 phazon missiles, the charge, dark, echo, and spazer beams, morphball and high jump and i still can't beat the gray statue with the yellow visor or whatever ot is (the one in phazon mines) [/spoiler]
Am i not supposed to be there yet or something? x.x

Next item is: [spoiler]the speed booster[/spoiler]
Map: [spoiler]http://www.dubreuil.ca/MapStation/Maps/Phazon-3.png[/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: lgdz on August 21, 2013, 06:25:50 PM
Any updates so far?
If there were updates, Red Monkey would have given us an update. Please refrain from "begging" for updates, or unnecessarily bumping topics.
xoxo Vismund.

In other news I also recently started playing through this one, and it's great so far. I love the custom enemies, the custom tilesets, everything. This could probably end up being one of my favourite hacks.

lgdz

Well excuse me for wanting news on the hack after waiting 2 months. This isn't an unnecessary bump if it's relevant to the topic at hand. Who do you think you are?

Zhs2

The point is that the creator will post updates when he deems it necessary, and the fact that he hasn't is indicative of either inactivity or silence. Excuse you indeed - now be patient.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Sorry no word form me in a long time. i now live in the middle of nowhere, i have off the grid solar and more then a year supply of food. no need for a job, so i work a minimum of 4 hours a day on my hack(more now that my 12v tv broke, and i have more power), but none of that work is on SM Phazon.

as soon as i'm done creating rooms and code(40%ish done) i will put Alternate M together and spend a minimum of 2 mouths testing and reshaping this master peace(i'm making this one for myself after all). after Alt. M is done i will start working on phazon again.

its a 30min. drive to get were i can use the net and i can't post pics here(i brought a pic and an update to GFX C). i'll look for a way to post stuff anther day.

never fear i'm a SNES hacker for life!

Lord Typh

Um, if it's okay, I've been wanting to give this a try, and I've been having trouble getting the hack to work for me.  I tried patching it with Lunar IPS (I think that's the program's name) but it hasn't worked out too much for me.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some other patcher I should use for this?

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Lord Typh on October 09, 2013, 10:46:19 AM
Um, if it's okay, I've been wanting to give this a try, and I've been having trouble getting the hack to work for me.  I tried patching it with Lunar IPS (I think that's the program's name) but it hasn't worked out too much for me.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there some other patcher I should use for this?
It is most likely the issue you're experiencing is due to the fact that the patch has to be applied to an unheadered ROM. There's a few tools that you can use to remove a header from a rom (it can be done through smile, as well as a few other programs like SNEStuff). If that doesn't solve the issue then I'm not sure what else it could be. You're definitely using a clean JU rom?

Lord Typh

I got the ROM itself from a site I used a a while and I trust.  It's been somewhat reliable for me and I believe I was able to patch a Japanese game to English with it and a patch from another site.  Sorry, I've pretty much never played a romhack before so I'm a little lost.  Should I go look for the SNEStuff thing and see about using it?

Also, yes, I am trying to use a clean rom, untampered with (at least it should be), and unchanged beforehand.  I grasped that much, at least.

Vismund Cygnus

Your best bet is to download SMILE from here, then open your rom in it and remove the header by going: Tools>Header>Remove Header>Yes.

Lord Typh

Another thing I should note real quick is that I got the rom hack thing from another site I trust (I had gotten the japanese patch for SRW:J there so I thought it'd be cool) and it mentioned something about needing a formatter or something when I tried using SNEStuff on it (thank you, search forum option).  Before, when I used Lunar IPS, the game just froze.  I tried it with SNEStuff and after the message and after I tried doing it, I got a garbled thing that was probably in place of some symbol (probably for Nintendo, I guess, I haven't played Super Metroid, although I have played Fusion, Zero Mission, Prime 2 and 3...) and then... nothing.

Sorry, trying to be thourough with this.  I'll try this again with SMILE, although I should probably look for the patch on here and see if that helps too.

(Just edited the post since I'm a bit of an idiot and made a mistake since I"m new to romhacking in general.  >_>)

Lord Typh

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to give an update..  I went ahead and tried using smile and... well, I got an error.  'Run-time Error '76'  Path not found' I think it was.  So, did I screw up somewhere along the line?

Vismund Cygnus

Commonly asked Q/A.
Quote from: Zhs2 on September 10, 2012, 12:24:03 AM

• Runtime Error 76 - Make sure your Plugins folder exists in the files folder. Occurs at start-up.
Basically all you need to do is make a folder called plugins, and that'll solve the problem.

Lord Typh

Alright.  You mean, in the smile folder?  Or in the Roms folder?

If it's okay with you, would you be okay with continuing this over a messneger like Skype or YIM?  To keep from clogging the topic up with this, I mean.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Lord Typh on October 09, 2013, 11:34:18 AM
Alright.  You mean, in the smile folder?  Or in the Roms folder?

If it's okay with you, would you be okay with continuing this over a messneger like Skype or YIM?  To keep from clogging the topic up with this, I mean.
I've sent you a PM.  :^_^:

Lord Typh

So I've looked around and now I've become stuck.  I managed to find the Speed Booster recently but I'm missing the bombs, I still need the equivilant to the Gravity Suit, and I can't get back into the Phazon Mines through the sewers.  It's got a green lamp on it but no matter how much I struggle, my missiles don't work (both types too).  What should I do?

PokeyTroid

I just picked up this hack today, and wow. It's pretty impressive so far. I have Charge, Spazer, Super Missiles, Red Phazon, Morph, and spring Ball. Time to go exploring...

I have a problem though. I seem to be experiencing the equipment screen crash. When I attempt to view it I get an unresponsive black screen, but the music continues to play. I've tried to fix it, but nothing seems to work.

I use SNES9X improvement, but the problem magically goes away when I switch back to SNES9X 1.43. What??

I skimmed through the thread, and read that there's a patch fix for this. Where can I find it? Alternatively, can it be fixed with a hex editor? I found one post with a hex fix, but couldn't find the address.

PokeyTroid

I love this hack.  :^_^:

I got the Light Beam last night. It's got some really interesting visual and sound effects, not what I was expecting at all. Dark + Echo + Light sucks, so which combination is better? Echo + Light seems to be a little weaker than Dark + Light, but Echo is much more useful. Just seems a little backwardly unusual...

So I'm using Echo + Light, but I should switch to Dark + Light for bosses?

I'd also like to know how to open the door with the green lamp in Sewers/Phazon mine. I'm going to go through the mines again, see if I can open it that way.

What are the item totals? Something weird happened...

So I had about 80 max Super Missiles when I got Space Jump. I was exploring (that area is incredible, btw), and I suddenly had about 130 Missiles. ... What?

The same thing happened with Power Bombs. I was a little disappointed to see that the tanks only give two each, but when I was exploring Tetrafuse, my max Power Bombs suddenly jumped from six to thirty-six. Plus, I swear it happened when I picked up a refill.

What on earth is going on?! Am I picking up super expansions??