News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bot01

i like the new terrain in the comparison pic, great to know this is gettin even more awesome

A_red_monk_called_Key

just learned new graphic trick to use less graphics to make better looking rooms to late to rework PH. good news parasite echo will look unbelievable, as you'll see in the lower phazon mines

bot01

"less graphics to make better lookin rooms"... i dont understand... what dyou mean?

something like using less graphics you can put more variety of tiles in one area? i really dont now how it coul look better right now.

A_red_monk_called_Key

its more complex and time consuming, but looks like 32-bit in the end. its my second day working on the tile set and i'm half way threw. normally at this time i would have 75% of my tile set done. i'll show a pic when done. hopfuly the pic will be in ROTW since it in a new area

bot01

mmm i see... i imagine what you say, ill wait for the picture. hey dude a random question; in this version did you make kraid, or crocomiro, a necesary to complete game boss? or they are still very hiden and not give pass to an item?

A_red_monk_called_Key

kraid is the same, croco will get cut if i can't find his 3rd graphic. plasma will need to be collected to complet the game. the big change is at the end

bot01

i hope you find the 3rd sprite, i personally prefer him in the game better than cuted out. probably someone here knows about that graphic location. cheers.

A_red_monk_called_Key

this might be a part of the phazon hack

[spoiler]artifact.avi[/spoiler]

squishy_ichigo

Curious as to if you will be editing the music as well?

I played the very first version of this game, right when it was released, so I'm looking forward to this new version being as amazing as possible.

A_red_monk_called_Key

QuoteCurious as to if you will be editing the music as well?

i would, but i don't know were to start. i've looked for info and can't find anything for an offset for music.

i think music wiil add a month of work so i think i'll release 0.3 with out. then get started on music right away, so by the time i'm done all the bugs will be found and i'll release Super Metroid Phazon

Scyzer

i think music wiil add a month of work
A month... per track.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Crashtour99

Mostly just time consuming since you have to code the entire song note by note for each sound channel, including fades/echos/volume/etc.

It's really not that hard to understand how it works, it's just a lot of work to do.  Plus you need the ability to read/write/create music in the first place.

A_red_monk_called_Key

writing is not a problem. i have played guitar and synth longer then i've been using photoshop.

if someone can point me in the right direction to get started, i'll play with this and hopefully have something by spring. then i'll release the hackless title

Crashtour99

Sounds like you've got the music experience then.  As long as you have some ASM knowledge then it shouldn't be too hard.

What helped me the most was a log of an IRC conversation/class MathOnNapkins had with a bunch of people.  It used to be on Kennon's subdomain, but it looks like it's missing now, so I uploaded an edited .txt version I had on my own computer.  You can get it here.

There's also a doc on Sadi's site about the SM SPC which can be found here.
Hopefully this helps get you started on music stuffs.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Holy **** thats alot of text. i'll have to sift threw for the info. i have an idea to use my old mac to get the notes to mach up with the music i'll write. if i have time i'll make an intro song(insperid by Pandorum credits and Metroid Prim title mix) but most likely not be in 0.3

thanks crashtour

bot01

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on August 29, 2011, 03:16:38 PM
this might be a part of the phazon hack

[spoiler]artifact.avi[/spoiler]
woo the tileset looks great. that rotative-like 3d artifact, is cool too.

A_red_monk_called_Key

great news. i found crocomire's 3rd animation today, so i will rework that mess of a boss.

Mini-Kraid

I would like to state that Phazon was my first taste of a Metroid hack and it was tasty at the time.  Now that I see you continuing to work on it excites me even more as i'm sure you have great plans for it and from what i've seen posted recently it will be a visual marvel!  I also have no doubt that you will come up with new creative ways to lay out the game and spark my natural curiosity to explore all I can and find all those fun toys :D

A_red_monk_called_Key

glad to here you enjoyed it. i'm at the point were i'm added new rooms and items. i've studied other remakes of games to see what i liked and what extras i would have liked to see. thus leading me focus on tweeking game with out destroying it. this version will longer with 2 added zones(lower phazon mines and the new final zone Valkyrie XI) some added items and mixed items and many more graphic changes.

Mini-Kraid

Oh nice!  I knew you was giving the game a graphical overall in many way and some new rooms but I had no idea of the scope you was speaking of!  And the fact of creating new items and combining others just leaves a great picture in my mind of the possibilities of gameplay!  If only there was a way to make new epic bosses that would give me gaming Nirvana lol.  But this is now the hack to look forward to!  My hat off to you :D

A_red_monk_called_Key

you strike and good point sir. new mini bosses on the way.

also i have gottin some help from some super hackers(experts of code) i'll post credit later on the first post of this thread and at the end of the game.

bot01

now you mention it, the mini boss you made for bombs was great, waiting to see the new ones!

A_red_monk_called_Key

Phazon mine boss remake
[spoiler]Torizo1 preview.avi[/spoiler]

New torizo type boss
[spoiler]Torizo3 preview.avi[/spoiler]

Zhs2

One of the Torizo is a Kriken?