News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Power Missile

Quote from: Riffman81 on July 13, 2010, 03:51:25 AM
I'm thinking of dumping this hack to an SNES cart as well. I just started playing it, it's great so far. Is this a complete hack? I remember reading in an earlier post that it had some bugs... have those been fixed? If not... are they "game breaking" bugs?
I just finished the hack.  There are permastucks that still exist in the game...  that's why it's helpful to have a rewind button or a savestate.

And I like Magma Ridley.  He's awesome.

X-tradyte

I got my bombs, and I'm getting my PB's now. I CAN FINALLY GO PLACES! :D And i just found Nova and Echo Beam.

jj4321

Can anyone give me a hint as to where to go next? I've been wandering for a while and now I'm stuck.

I have 4 Energy Tanks 35 Super Missiles, 5 Phazon Missiles, Red Phazon, Morphing Ball, Spring Ball, Charge Beam, Dark Beam, Echo Beam, Spazer, and Grapple Beam. I've defeated Botwoon, Phantoon, and Spore Spawn, I think.

I think I need the Hi-Jump Boots next, but I can't seem to find them and their location seems to have been changed since earlier versions.

X-tradyte

Hi-jumps are here: [spoiler]In the hub ship area use a phazon missile to open a green door that leads to a warp area, go left and through the little hole and they are there (if its a different version there might be one more room to go through.[/spoiler] Have fun.

jj4321

I saw a walkthrough that showed them being there, but now that hole [spoiler] leads to a corridor with the metroid-like things and then that leads out to an area with a mini-Kraid-like thing. Then I can't seem to find anything out there other than a drop down to the ship that's been impounded or whatever. [/spoiler]

Edit: Nevermind, it was a few rooms over. I was just missing something fairly simple. Thanks for the help.

BlackFrost

Okay so... I have literally no idea what I'm supposed to do next, like everyone else it seems...

I looked up on YouTube and apparently there's not only a suit I missed but an ENTIRE AREA that I can no longer get to because the entire place filled with lava. So I've been stuck without the red suit all this time and I hope it's not essential to beat the game up to whenever you get the gravity suit of this game or else I'm probably screwed. (Does the Red Phazon suit stop the damage you take while in Phazon Mines? I managed to get through pretty well without it, but...well, it would've helped)

In any case... I have this: Charge, Dark, Spazer, Echo Beams; Morph and Spring Ball; Hi Jump and Speed Booster; All the missiles, the grapple beam, and the scan visor. It looks like I'll need Gravity Suit, Bombs and/or Power Bombs to progress anywhere... help, please? D:

X-tradyte

You need your phazon missiles. You can ether:

A. Do what I did and go in the lava and quickly move though and get them.

OR

B. Go to the power plant and go to the very top of that area look for your ship and directly to the left will be a hole. Fall down and claim the missiles.

After you do that come back to this topic if you need anything else.

BlackFrost

Sorry, I should've been more clear..when I said "all the missiles" I mean both super and phazon missiles. I got the phazon missiles, just need bombs or power bombs or something else.

X-tradyte

Ok then, In that case. You need to get your Blue phazon. To get it go from Phazon mines to Volcano. Go to the right and morph into a hole and go to the room on the right. it should be in a room thats filled with water. Use Grapple on the block and claim the Blue Phazon.

BlackFrost

Thanks a bunch! On my way there I even picked up the Red Phazon suit. I died a little inside when I went back down to see if the phazon rooms still hurt me and saw that they didn't. Had it not been for Save States I never would've gotten through that (8 Energy Tanks and had only about 56 life left when I finally entered the healing room. It took a lot of tries.) The highly-damaging enemies along the way certainly didn't help but hey.

Also, didn't mention this earlier but I really, really like this hack. It's a lot of fun, and makes me reminiscent of the old days when I would play a Metroid game and not have my hand held the entire time by a clue telling me where to go next.

VideoGeemer

EDIT: nvm, semi-obvious thing I had just overlooked :\....

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 14, 2010, 07:19:00 PM
Quote from: n155
can't find the grapple beam :sad:

You need Speed Booster to get it. It's through a suspicious wall at the very rightmost you can head in Powerplant.

I didn't have speed booster when I got it. [spoiler] I had just got X-ray scope and phazon missiles, then went exploring further in the power plant. If you head up the lift, you can get to that area without Speed Booster.[/spoiler]

VideoGeemer

If you are still in that same place afer all this time, hehe:

Quote from: CrispyYoshi on June 27, 2010, 05:11:14 AM
It turns out that the place I am supposed to go to next is now a volcano, and the door is under acid with a power bomb door blocking the way... I'm pretty sure I just got myself stuck, but someone can double check it for me, just to make sure.

[spoiler]You can still get to the Volcano, but you need to explore other areas first, get upgrades, etc. Eventually you wll come through the Phazon Mines back into the Volcano, and the lava won't be a problem then.[/spoiler]

Quote.. Also, I noticed some cut-offness. Huge Picture

I think that's just the background showing between the tube and that block; doesn't look like a problem to me.

Also, I agree that this hack is awesome. I'm new to this forum but this discussion was too good, hehe. I've tried out a lot of hacks and none of them have captured me like this one. Not eve close. I'm thinking of posting screnshots of the current bugs I still find in the game so that these can be repaired, leaving one *seriously* amazing game. :)

Hiroshi Mishima

It's okay to edit your last post, you know. You don't need to make like 3 in a row like that.

My ex is currently Let's Playing this game, and she's got about 15 parts or so done. Hopefully she'll put 'em up soon.

Eppy37

I'm set to LP this after Ice Metal(Assuming Sigma++ or Project Base isn't fully completed before then)

LestatV3

Just completed it! :D
About 7 hours and 90% item colection.
Loved Crocomire xD
This is one of the best SM Hacks ever! :)

Black Soldier

Quote from: LestatV3 on September 02, 2010, 12:17:38 PM
Just completed it! :D
About 7 hours and 90% item colection.
Loved Crocomire xD
This is one of the best SM Hacks ever! :)
I just beat it myself. 7:50, 71%

I never found Kraid or the Bomb Torizo (I guess they were removed from the hack).

Ridley fight was kind of painful IMO.

Zhs2

Forgot to move this here since it is essentially a full hack...

Hiroshi Mishima

Yeah, the Ridley fight was obnoxious cause of the way the room was designed. I didn't care for the fight myself. Doesn't help that it comes outta nowhere. Although that aspect was pretty cool.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Black Soldier on September 02, 2010, 07:04:41 PM
I never found Kraid or the Bomb Torizo (I guess they were removed from the hack).

Nope, they are both in there, though Kraid is admittedly hard to find. Spoilers will say where they are.

[spoiler]Bomb Torizo is in Ice Drifts. In the most upper-left area, in the indoor room look for a place to bomb to go right. I think Kraid was meant to be hidden, and in fact I only found it by accident. You have to power bomb where your ship is in the Power Plant. When you beat Kraid you get a missile expansion that I had thought was impossible to get before.[/spoiler]

--

I am currently compiling screenshots of the bugs that I've ancountered in the game, and I'll be posting on them shortly for anyone (Red M0nk3y?) who could work on them. A lot are map errors, and thus arguably less important, but a couple rooms in the Drifts, a couple in the power plant, and one in the sewers really do need fixing.

VG

Tyjet66

I know I'm a little late to the party here but I got to it eventually. Sad thing is, I haven't been this annoyed with a hack in a long time... I have followed the only route possible and I'm now stuck in the Ice Drifts with a gray door behind me and a morphball tunnel ahead of me, and I am without morphball... I even killed myself with some bugs here to retry and see if I overlooked anything, all that without successfully finding anything.

Tyjet66

Quote from: Tyjet66 on September 06, 2010, 03:16:37 PM
I know I'm a little late to the party here but I got to it eventually. Sad thing is, I haven't been this annoyed with a hack in a long time... I have followed the only route possible and I'm now stuck in the Ice Drifts with a gray door behind me and a morphball tunnel ahead of me, and I am without morphball... I even killed myself with some bugs here to retry and see if I overlooked anything, all that without successfully finding anything.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Tyjet66 on September 06, 2010, 03:16:37 PM
I'm now stuck in the Ice Drifts with a gray door behind me and a morphball tunnel ahead of me, and I am without morphball...

[spoiler]Which room is this, and how far have you gotten item-wise? I didn't have this problem, though it's true that the morph ball isn't found right away.

EDIT: I think I found where you're talking about. Extremely early-on, isn't it? Try shooting through a metal floor in an outside area. :) Also, I if your slashed-out quoted post was meant as a "nevermind", then nevermind this post as well, lol.
[/spoiler]

VG

danidub

This game is great. My SM Phazon Hack Map is online

Please tell me if you have found something that is not on the map.

VideoGeemer

Yeah, there are some things. First of all, your "G" in the warp area actually has 3 completely different drop points, depending on exactly where you drop from of the warp area room you drop from. Right next to the ledge has one, a little further out goes to another, and all the way left goes to yet another.

There are a couple other things I didn't see, in the powerplant area, but I'll have to go into tha game again when I have time to see for sure.

VG