News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seiferoth

Sorry if my meaning wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to your fix.  I was referring to the hack itself (all rooms), I noticed that when you go through a door that changes areas (i.e. from ice drifts to volcano, or wherever), the bitflags on those doors are all 00. I thought an area-changing door had to have a bitflag of 40 to prevent the map from getting messed up. So what I was asking was, if the doors that lead to a new area had their bitflags changed to 40 would that fix the problem of the map not remembering everywhere you've been.

Quote from: THE Purple Helmet on June 11, 2010, 02:05:42 AM
As i said before i had to recreate the doors (recreate the correct bitflag and such) and relink them to the proper rooms using the map editor to see what rooms the doors will lead to. I would suggest going the the Engine works topics or the docs section on the main site. I think it was grimes doc on making doors that I used

You didn't need to recreate the doors from scratch. The door information was still correctly saved, so you just needed to replace the door tiles and assign them the correct door number. Probably would've saved quite a lot of time.

Btw, it was thanks to your fix, that I decided to learn how to use SMILE.  When I looked at the buggy room, I thought it would be impossible to fix. But when you released your fix, which I was very grateful for, it made me realize that it was fixable, and want to learn SMILE so I could fix it fully (i.e. original layout/aesthetics). So thanks for the inspiration.

Samus-Aran

Im lost can't find the morphball cant find anythingand is it just me or did i just see an x parisite and in tlp core x's for metroids :lol!:

THE Purple Helmet

@Seiferoth: Thanks for the compliment! I hope you do more with SMILE than I have so far (dabbling in figuring out hex currently). And actually I didnt realize that the bitflag needed anything special when switching areas until you pointed that out so thank you as well! If red-monkey doesnt rerelease a version with fixed maps, let us know when yours is complete for sure!

@samus Aran: [spoiler]you have to find spore spawn and go to the right to get charge beam. Explore that area some more and you will find the morph ball. If you get really stuck anywhere there is a playthrough of this hack on youtube[/spoiler]

Samus-Aran

well thats helpful :<_<: cause i have no clue where to even go

DonnyDonovan

Here's an idea, actually put some time in and explore.  Maybe draw a map.  If you're still stuck, read through the entire thread, where pretty much all the major questions about the path through the game are asked and answered, many more than once.

You're not even a good troll Samus Aran.

Diortem

I seem to be stuck.  The last thing I got was dark beam.  For some reason, a huge area of the game that I had visited previously has been flooded by lava, so I end up going in circles.  What am I sposed to do?

I tried watching the youtube walkthrough, but the areas that I need to go to are all filled with lava.  I have ben stuck for at least two hours.

update:  I figured it out.

this hack is REALLY good.

I read through the whole thread and looked at the item order.  Apparently my next item is speed booster, unfortunately I don't see any hints as to where that might be.  Also, I seem to have skipped Red Phazon - is that going to make me stuck now?  I realize nobody has posted in here for a while now, any help from anyone is greatly appreciated as I seem to have spent 10x more time going in circles than actually progressing.  Normally that kind of frustration would have me lose interest, but this hack is so good that I can't abandon it!

CrispyYoshi

Hi Red M0nk3y, um..

So I was playing through your game, and I tried to get through the entire game without a guide... I wasn't playing for very long when I encountered multiple times where I got stuck. I got out of that problem plenty of times, and it was all good.

.. Then I got to the point where I outlooked nearly every single room possible. I exhausted all ideas (I even tried wall jumping over places, expecting to get somewhere new) and eventually I gave up and looked for an online guide.

It turns out that the place I am supposed to go to next is now a volcano, and the door is under acid with a power bomb door blocking the way... I'm pretty sure I just got myself stuck, but someone can double check it for me, just to make sure.

.. Also, I noticed some cut-offness. Huge Picture

Well, I hope this helps you with your hack. I'm loving it so far. I've been looking for a great hack like this! (SM:Redesign ruined the physics, in my opinion) If you could find someone to change the music too, that would take the cake for this hack.

Diortem

I too am finding myself cut off from an important part of the map due to it changing - filling with lava, etc.   I accidentally skipped red phazon, and at this point am not sure if it is even possible to get it at all.  This game is amazing, but it kind of falls short in the way it flows.  There are times when it really stalls and times where it progresses very rapidly.  It seems to be designed in such a way that item progression isn't considered.  For example, there are many places in metroid games where you cannot leave a certain area until you find and utilize the next upgrade.  Not really so with this game.  It shouldn't have been possible for me to easily skip red phazon like that. 

All in all I am really enjoying this.  I suspect that my second playthrough will be much more enjoyable than the first since there will be much less stalling from being lost.

mtroid

:sad: god plz help im stuck  :mad: i have charge, dark, echo, spazer, red phazon, morphing ball, spring jump. i think i need the (hi jump boots next) or the (speed booster) and plz tell me witch area there in so i know
once again plz help so ill stop look like this  :mad: and when you help ill look like this  :grin:

X-tradyte

Ermmm, I'm on I'm Way Somewheres and I Got This: [spoiler]Morphball, Charge Beam, 20 Super Missiles And Red Phazon, I Beat Spore Spawn and Phantoon[/spoiler] Where To Next?!?!?!?!  :neutral:

Bond697

when you made this, did you make it possible to get phazon missiles directly after the red suit, or have i been doing it out of order every time i played?  also, i really like the new way to get to the high jump boots.  it wasn't like that in the old version as i recall, they were just there through the passage, right?  maybe change the gravity out there?  you are supposed to be out in space at that point so it makes sense.

e: now that i think about it a bit more, you have to run through lava to get to them, so it probably wasn't on purpose... it's doable, though, and really opens up the world once you get them.

X-tradyte

I Have More Stuff Now, I Got [spoiler=Items]Morphball, 40 Super Missiles, Spazer, Charge, Red phazon And, Spring Ball. I Really Need Phazon Missiles! [/spoiler] I'm Like Stuck In The Ice Drifts.

Bond697

nice to see a non-shinespark means of leaving the sewers.  that definitely wasn't there in the old version, and it took a while to figure out you could shinespark back up that tube.

X-tradyte

I Found Out Where to Go! I Got My Hi-Jumps And Dark Beam.

Bond697

ok, i can't find the blue phazon this time around.  i had no problem finding it in february, but i can't remember the location any more.  any help?

e: nevermind, i remember now.  i knew it was in the volcano, but couldn't remember where.

X-tradyte

I'm Lost Again, I Got My Phazon Missiles, Dark Beam, And My Hi-Jump Boots, I'm Thinking I Need My Blue Phazon Soon.

THE Purple Helmet

Been a while since I played this now but if I remember correctly, [spoiler] red phazon is in/on the way to the volcano and blue phazon is in the depths of the phazon mines. You should know youre on the correct way if you arrived there via the warp station where you get high jump boots and you arrive in a huge room in phazon mines where you have to basically go across through the ceiling to go to the upper left corner of the room. then you fight the ninja lookin thing. [/spoiler]

Edit: I believe it depends on what version you are playing. the latest one that can be downloaded in this thread has slightly different item placement as the original one that is also played on youtube and blue phazon is one item moved I believe. I have only played the latest version myself

X-tradyte

Ok, I'll check in Phazon mines.

Bond697

nope, blue phazon is in the same spot as before.

LReyomeXX

no, the changed items were Nova Beam and Screw Attack

Nova Beam

[spoiler]Guarded by Robo-Croco in lower Sewers. Use Power Bombs to open the Maridian style tube, then go up and to the left[/spoiler]

Screw Attack

[spoiler]Powerplant. Morph in top of elevator room and go down to next door, you need Power Bombs to blow up an orange door to get to it. It is in a hole in the very top center of this large room with Space Pirates.
[/spoiler]

BTW, anyone know how to get to the Space Station? Ive been to both rooms where the ships are/should be and nothing.

X-tradyte

I NEED PB'S  :stern: And also, I think i found my ship  :lol:

Zhs2

How do people expect to help you if you don't tell us how far you've gotten already?

X-tradyte

Oh! Forgot about that. I Have [spoiler=Items]Morphball, 10 Phazon missiles, 55 Super missiles, Hi-jump, Dark beam, Red phazon, Spazer beam, X-ray visor, Spring ball and 5 E-tanks[/spoiler] That's why I think I need Speedbooster or Power Bombs now.

Edit: Lost in different place now, Just obtained Grapple and Speedbososter.

Edit 2:
Quote from: Zhs2 on February 14, 2010, 09:11:13 PM
Phazon Missiles are in Powerplant. Fall down the pit to the left when you find your ship. :wink:
I found them in the Valcano, Going through a bloody lava bath.

Edit 3: I found my Blue Phazon and I can get my bombs now, where do I go for the bombs? I know they're in the Sewers but how do i get there? also I got permastuck in the sewers, the bomb blocks that lead to a save and down to a Pb door, I kinda, Speedboosted through them and saved.

Power Missile

I have got to say that this is an awesome hack aesthetic-wise.  But I'm currently stuck.  The last item I got was Speed Booster, and I feel that I need the grapple beam.  Where is it?  (I have to leave quickly; no time to browse through pages)

EDIT: Found.  NVM.

Riffman81

I'm thinking of dumping this hack to an SNES cart as well. I just started playing it, it's great so far. Is this a complete hack? I remember reading in an earlier post that it had some bugs... have those been fixed? If not... are they "game breaking" bugs?