News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Community Race - 5/6/2016

Started by MetroidMst, April 06, 2016, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be amenable to a reschedule? (Sat May 7, 9:00 PM EST)

Yes
7 (63.6%)
No
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

MetroidMst

IT IS ALREADY TIME FOR THE NEXT COMMUNITY RACE! Grab your hammer and bring your reddest coat as for the first time, we will race a non-Metroid game or hack. This time, Commie Mario 3 is our target, and speed is our game! This should be a fairly simple game for most people to get into, and it won't take that long either. (Somewhere between 1:30 and 2:30 if you're really bad.)

What game: Communist Mario 3
When: May 6th, 2016 @ 6PM EST
Where: MetConst Mumble
Who: Any redcoat and those with diplomatic immunity stars.

This should be a much more lighthearted and open race to people compared to the last one. Redesign is srs bizniz, Commie Mario 3 is your Mom with two more glasses of wine than she should have. (Red wine of course.) Winner gets a hammer signed by Lenin.

snarfy edit:

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we're hoping to move the race to the following day: Saturday, May 7 @ 9 PM EST. It's short notice so tell the poll thingy whether that works for you, or use your words to let us know what would work.

KP9000

Keep your eye on the linked topic where you can download this hack. I'm hoping to have version 1.01 done before this thing kicks off. Version 1.00 will do, since there are no serious bugs, but I'd like everyone (especially the ones racing) to grab the update when it comes out.

snarfblam

Here's hoping I don't end up working late on the sixth. I'd love to have a crack at reclaiming my short-lived glory.

Quietus

Unfortunately, I'll have to give this one a miss. It's my wedding anniversary, and I'm not sure I'll survive if I announce that I'd rather play a 28-year-old game for a couple of hours. :grin:

On a lighter note: Do you know the best way to always remember your anniversary?
[spoiler]Forget it once. :wink:[/spoiler]

KP9000

Quote from: Quietus on April 06, 2016, 07:52:17 PM
Unfortunately, I'll have to give this one a miss. It's my wedding anniversary, and I'm not sure I'll survive if I announce that I'd rather play a 28-year-old game for a couple of hours.
I don't blame you. May 6th is a week before my wedding day. She knows I'm involved in all this and supports my hobbies so I'm hoping she'll give me a couple of hours that Friday to relax for a bit and play a 28-year-old game.  :^_^:

If for some reason the time comes to race and you end up divorced, you'll have a place to go.  :wink:

MetroidMst

By now Quietus, you should've built enough subliminal irritation up that your significant other would gladly give you up for two hours. :P

Quietus

Quote from: MetroidMst on April 06, 2016, 08:13:49 PMsubliminal irritation
Good point. Maybe for the next few weeks I'll repeatedly hum the music from the game, keep jumping on top of random objects, grab any stray coins I see, and try and squeeze myself inside a giant green sock. No, scratch that last one - it might not be subtle enough. I could also slightly warp the way I say things, so 'marry you' sounds more like Mario. Mwahaha, the plan is coming together nicely. :twisted:

Cpt.Glitch

I plan to once again attend, as long as work agrees with me.

Vismund Cygnus

If this was a few hours later a day earlier it'd be a yes from me.
Let's call it a "don't expect me to play it beforehand" maybe.  :heheh:

Lenophis

If I am able, I will join and #getrekt by Russia.

thedopefish

I streamed my first playthrough of this last night, and it was a trainwreck.  But then I watched Glitch, and I'm feeling pretty good about my chances :grin:  For Mother Russia!

Cpt.Glitch

Indeed. Practice has it's rewards though. At least I can do worlds 1-3 decently. More practice to do.

SlyPork

Quote from: KP9000 on April 06, 2016, 08:13:00 PM
She knows I'm involved in all this and supports my hobbies so I'm hoping she'll give me a couple of hours that Friday to relax for a bit and play a 28-year-old game.  :^_^:
Relationship Goals^

Quote from: Quietus on April 06, 2016, 07:52:17 PM
Unfortunately, I'll have to give this one a miss. It's my wedding anniversary, and I'm not sure I'll survive if I announce that I'd rather play a 28-year-old game for a couple of hours. :grin:

On a lighter note: Do you know the best way to always remember your anniversary?
[spoiler]Forget it once. :wink:[/spoiler]
Relationship Realities^ :P

I'm going to try to make it, or at least watch a stream. No clue what's going on with me since it's between semesters for me and I may be home or I might be at my apartment. It's all up in the air but I'll do what I can.

LReyomeXX

Now that I got my NES stuff working properly in <puke> :lazer: Windows 10 :railgun:</puke>, I may join depending on how much practice I can get in between now and next Thursday

Withdrawing due to lack of ability to play these types of games anymore

KP9000

Quote from: KP9000 on April 06, 2016, 04:20:48 PMVersion 1.00 will do, since there are no serious bugs
So there *is* actually a pretty serious bug in 1.0. In World 3, one of the airship retret points is in a place you can't get to. I fixed that and a few more bugs. Also, more goodies have been added! I'll distribute it in here just before the race. Because reasons.

Lenophis

So I get done with work 1 hour after the race is scheduled to start. Some people here say I should join late anyway. I guess they like pain ^_^

Everyone get reqt.

Vismund Cygnus

So as everyone who watched me stream this earlier would know, I'm probably going to sit this one out.  Assuming I was going to be awake in time anyway. However, if I am, I'll enjoy watching you all succeed where I failed.  :lol:

snarfblam

But you're supposed to be our comic relief. I guess that'll be up to Glitch then.

snarfblam

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we're hoping to move the race to the following day: Saturday, May 7 @ 9 PM EST. It's short notice so tell the poll thingy whether that works for you, or use your words to let us know what would work.

Eppy37

Oh snap. Now I don't have an excuse to skip the race.

Lenophis

Unfortunately, I'll be working 10 of my 49 hours on Saturday, and thus cannot make the rescheduled race. Everyone get reqt in my absence!

Cpt.Glitch

Unfortunately, I am also working all day Saturday and can no longer attend the race. Looks like it's up to Dopey to be the comic relief.

SacredHooves

Well if we move to Saturday that counts me out as I already made sure to line up Friday to be my day off for this. Looks like y'all need a relief maker now

MetroidMst

Congrats to @snarfblam on crushing everyone's hopes and dreams. We'll be back with another community race here in the future.