News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Do you guys by any chance hate me?

Started by SChase123, March 26, 2016, 09:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SChase123

I have a low reputation.
I seem edgy.
I'm 12.
I can't seem to focus on anything.
I can't find out how to give a reason for people to help/care for what I do.
All I seem to do is just shitpost, necropost, and spam.
I truly suck at life.
Do you hate me?

PonchGaming

We don't hate you, we just hate a lot of the things you do. Like making a lot of useless threads :<_<:

Retroo

You just need to stop act like a kid. Oh wait.....

snarfblam

Quote from: Jefe962 on March 26, 2016, 11:22:50 AM
Yes

Jiffy doesn't seem to remember what he was like only a year or so ago.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it takes quite a lot for me to actually hate someone, and you're not there yet. But I would definitely like to see you chill out a bit and put some more thought into when, what, and how you post. I think part of it is your age, part of it is your personality, and part of it is your mindset. The last one is the only one you have control over. Get into the habit of taking a moment before you hit the "Post" button and asking yourself not just if it is something you want to post, but also whether or not it's something other people will want to read. (And, in your case, whether it is something that should go in its own thread. This could have easily been posted in "Talk of the Day".)

Chances are that any moment where it seems like people around you hate you, you're actually just being annoying, and if you examine and adjust your behavior instead of getting more worked up, the behavior of people around you will change just as quickly.

Cpt.Glitch

Mst is 7. And he is more mature than you. Gitgud.

Quote58

Yes
I would've thought that you would have more sympathy for 12 year olds considering you were just like this when you got here.

You know what makes me start to dislike someone schase? When they make a thread to whine about not being popular. Calm down and just do the thing this place is meant for, rom hacking.

Retroo

Meeptroid

SChase, even if I am not one to speak, they do have a point, making a thread asking if people hate you is not the thing to do. Even if them hating you WERE to be the case (not saying anyone does or doesn't), they are entitled to their own opinions, and I suggest it to be left at that.

FelixWright

QuoteI have a low reputation.

How do you expect to have a better reputation if you never learn from your mistakes?

QuoteI seem edgy.

You seem edgy, because you are edgy.

QuoteI'm 12.

Yes. Your age is what is making you so edgy. You blame everyone except for yourself, are a FnaF fan, and spam XD.

QuoteI can't seem to focus on anything.

Because you literally don't focus at all. I have never seen you go through and finish a project.

QuoteI can't find out how to give a reason for people to help/care for what I do.

You don't "find out how" to make people like you. You earn your respect by actually doing shit. All you're doing now is trying to play "director" again, rather than spending time learning GML.

Remember the last time you tried playing "director?" People are not willing to make a game for you just because you have some 2nd-grade room and storyline doodles.

QuoteAll I seem to do is just shitpost, necropost, and spam.

You do. Especially SPAM.

SPAM:

Stupid
Pointless
Annoying
QuoteNow the Metroid Remix community hates me because I'm edgy and I'm 12.

What, did you expect that by running to some other metroid forum everyone would bow down to their knees and respect you?

1) met remix does not have an active population atm because the game hasn't been updated in two years.

2) the metroid community is small enough to stay in touch with what matters almost 24/7. This means you cannot just pack up and pretend to clean-slate.

3) I wouldn't say we hate you. Hate is a strong word, often in conjunction with the intent to hurt. I am simply unhappy with your premature presence.

Quote58

Quote from: Retroo on March 26, 2016, 01:07:37 PM
Jefe was far from Chase level.

Did you interact with him on irc for the majority of the time he's been here? Because that's what I'm talking about, not the forum.

Jiffy

Quote from: snarfblam on March 26, 2016, 12:25:15 PM
Yes

I can't speak for anyone else, but it takes quite a lot for me to actually hate someone, and you're not there yet. But I would definitely like to see you chill out a bit and put some more thought into when, what, and how you post. I think part of it is your age, part of it is your personality, and part of it is your mindset. The last one is the only one you have control over. Get into the habit of taking a moment before you hit the "Post" button and asking yourself not just if it is something you want to post, but also whether or not it's something other people will want to read. (And, in your case, whether it is something that should go in its own thread. This could have easily been posted in "Talk of the Day".)

Chances are that any moment where it seems like people around you hate you, you're actually just being annoying, and if you examine and adjust your behavior instead of getting more worked up, the behavior of people around you will change just as quickly.
I remember all to well, I just had little time to reply seriously  :heheh:
In all seriousness though no, we don't hate you. But I wouldn't call you a saint either, even though you could still become one with the time you have!

siddhartha__

Quote from: Jefe962 on March 26, 2016, 02:39:27 PM
I remember all to well, I just had little time to reply seriously  :heheh:
In all seriousness though no, we don't hate you. But I wouldn't call you a saint either, even though you could still become one with the time you have!

yes. let me use this opportunity to ask you something schase: have you ever heard of our Lord and Savior Jesus?

I think the issue here is mostly just begging for attention, to be honest. I'm not a parent though, so I don't have a solution to that. I'll leave you grown ups to figure out how to fix it.

SlyPork

If you want my opinion:
Quote from: snarfblam on March 26, 2016, 12:25:15 PM
Yes

Snarf hit the nail on the head

Daltone

We love everyone here, sometimes we give each other a hard time but thats because we want people to get better and build a better community.
your still a young buck but youll figure it out eventually.

wheres the screenshots of this project btw?

Quietus

Guys, I go out for just one day, and this is the mess I come home to! :mad:

* Quietus shakes his fist like an angry, old man.

Physix

Quote from: Daltone on March 26, 2016, 05:31:11 PM
We love everyone here

i hate grime

there's something dirty about him

lel.

Zero One

No, we don't hate you. We make fun of you because you don't seem to be able to grasp simple concepts; one of the most important concepts being "if you take anything people say on the Internet seriously, you're going to have a bad time." The problem is that you're really fucking annoying, which is an unfortunate consequence of your age. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it. We were all basically like that once. If you really want to be less annoying, consider the following:

Every time you create a new post involving some great project you want to do, everybody laughs, because they know it'll go absolutely nowhere. You have no concept of the amount of work required to even pull off a simple project, but you're making posts about a whole new Metroidvania game in Game Maker, and your entire thought process behind it seems to be "fuck it, let's do it". It doesn't work. You posted one kinda shitty piece of concept art and expected people to jump on to your staff. It doesn't work like that. I'm a games developer, and I'm planning on working with a few friends to actually produce a game in Unity, and we're being very serious about planning EVERYTHING first before making it, because that's what you're supposed to do. We have a games design document that is, for the most part, basically empty, and even still, it's 24 pages long. That's 24 pages of mostly headings and no content. Studios working on AAA titles will have design documents in the range of hundreds of pages, because that is what is required at the bare minimum. Your idea of "wing it" doesn't work, and people will not want to join until you can show some serious progress.

A thread asking if people hate you is really an indicator that you're not terribly mature and you don't think things through before doing them, which inevitably results in people taking the piss out of you. If we really hated you, you'd be gone, because we certainly do not put up with people we hate.

Just take some time, THINK about what you're posting and ask yourself if you're being stupid. You'll probably still be stupid a lot, but if you can just stop to think about it for a second, you'll likely end up writing better posts. And as for your projects, consider that 99% of games projects die before they even start due to absolutely no forethought going in to it. And of the vast majority that DO get started, die due to bad planning.

Vismund Cygnus

Basically read what everyone said in here, especially ZeroOne, and for Christ's sake, stop making posts like this.
And on that note, I don't think there's much more to add.