News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid : Pirate Base

Started by Bartuna, February 09, 2016, 11:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartuna

Hey guys.
I'm new to the forum and I'm getting ready to start my first hack. I've been a huge SM fan for years and have been a fan of the hacking community but watched from the outside. I have a few ideas for hacks but I wanted to start with this one to get familiar with smile.

Super Metroid : Pirate Base is going to be a graphical and sequence breaking linear style hack based around Project Base. The hack will incorporate more space pirates and I plan to remodel zebes to resemble what I imagine a space pirate base would look like. SMPB will follow all the sequences that I play and will have areas blocked off and sub bosses eliminated (if possible).

I'll keep you guys posted and I'm hoping I can get some questions answered along the way.

This all a learning process for me so I do apologize in advance for anything I over look. I got early stages of the Hack done. Mostly me just figuring out how to make a platform for Samus to stand on, configuring BTS and properly setting up a background. Ill keep you guys updated!!!

Thanks

personitis

Good for you! Best to ya at getting familiar with SMILE and Super Metroid's inner workings. Plenty of resources lying around to familiarize yourself with all the tools and such. However, you seem to have missed something important pertaining to this board:
Rules for Super Metroid board
- This board is for anything Super Metroid hack related.
- If you have a question on how to use SMILE, post in the Engine Works!
- When creating a new topic of any kind to show off a project, please include a couple screenshots, or the topic may be locked!
- In addition to the above, please consider posting any screenshots you simply want feedback on in the General Projects Screenshots/Vids thread or Room of the Week, if you feel competent enough instead of creating a new hack topic. Something that's only 5% done is assumed to never get finished!
Namely that third rule (pics or it didn't happen). This use to be cause for a locked topic in the past as posts without such are generally nothing more than "I have a cool idea" threads. :wink:

Bartuna

I can take it down and put it back up when I Make some progress tonight.

personitis

No need to take the topic down. Just letting ya know that it'd be best to get something to show us soonish.