News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Android Compatibility

Started by Grimlock, May 01, 2015, 09:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

I'm occasionally having issues posting while logged in on my android tablet (roughly 25% of the time recently).  When I finish typing and press on the "Post" button nothing happens.  If I leave the window open and put the tablet down it takes the post but after five minutes of sitting.  Sometimes it doesn't even take the post (maybe due to lack of patience on my end).  It's the same if I try to make an edit of a post which is aggravating since the kindle has a limited dictionary of words in its spell check so it randomly injects any word when it doesn't recognize a word (such as Metroid).  I would say the issue started within the last couple of months...

Quietus

I had the wording issue with my tablet too.  In the end I gave up, and turned off all options for suggestions.  I also swapped the keyboard over from the default to the PC layout, which makes forum posts much easier.  As for actually posting, I can't say I've experienced that, so I'm not sure if it is Android, unless it's maybe a specific build for the Kindle?

Lunaria

I don't think we have done any change to the forum software recently, and if that's the case, than the problem is most likely on your end.

But for reference, you never had this problem your tablet before yet it started happening a few months ago? And you didn't do anything yourself that might be cause for this? (Changed to a new pad, etc.)

Grimlock

Yea, it used to work fine.  I'm thinking it might be an update they did to the tablet recently. 

Vismund Cygnus

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that uses Android and it works fine with viewing/posting to the forum, so that basically confirms it's an issue with your hardware.