News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Noob help

Started by Sperry, December 03, 2009, 04:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sperry

Hi all, I've started working with smile a few days ago. I've always dreamt of making my own Metroid mod. I've come across a problem when I'm attempting to link a room back to the starting room (the one with Samus's ship). While the sky looks fine when I start the game, exiting and re-entering the room gets the sky all messed up. Not all of it, but just some of the scrolling background tiles get replaced with other inappropriate ones. What should I do to fix this? Thanks!

begrimed

While I personally don't care, if you don't wanna get on the bad side of the other staffers, go ahead and ask your question in this thread to get a better response.

I'd answer your question right now if I knew it, but I can't say I've ran into the same error as you. If I recall though, the scrolling sky glitches up some if you move any of its doors around. I'm sure someone else can give you a much better answer than I can, but your issue doesn't sound too difficult.

zephyrtronium

This patch, created by P.JBoy, completely fixes your problem.

Sperry

Quote from: Squijilli on December 03, 2009, 05:27:37 AM
While I personally don't care, if you don't wanna get on the bad side of the other staffers, go ahead and ask your question in this thread to get a better response.

Ok sorry about that :)
I'll be sure to ask my questions there.

Quote from: unanu on December 03, 2009, 06:22:46 AM
This patch, created by P.JBoy, completely fixes your problem.

Yes! Thank you!