News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Community Stardust Race

Started by MetroidMst, September 30, 2014, 01:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan5

I've used OBS with both ZSNES and SNES9x and have had no trouble, so not sure what your issue is (although OBS can be a pain sometimes. . .). But as we are racing you should try and use SNES9x if possible, as it emulates lag almost identical to real hardware and so tends to be fairer. :^_^:

Cpt.Glitch

Lol I keep rage quitting sometime after phantoon. Usually at spore spawn.

SpoOkyMagician

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on January 09, 2015, 12:35:29 PM
Lol I keep rage quitting sometime after phantoon. Usually at spore spawn.

Why? :neutral:

Edit: Also, my final practice run.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFHS68AaZ7M

~ SpoOkyMagician

Cpt.Glitch

@Spooky, Cause I kept screwing up the 2 or 3-round Spore Spawn. I got down to 24 minutes in game time so let's hope it stays there tomorrow. Also I switched to SNES9x mainly because I don't want to risk the movie file borking. Plus I did the stand-up glitch for the first time. Yay.   :lol:

Elminster

My latest practice run.

Time for one last ditch effort to improve this before the race... :neutral:

MetroidMst

Just under 3 hours to go! get a few practice runs in, #gitgud at bosses, and hop in the Mumble if able. We're going to destroy Stardust so hard Tyjett will have to come out of retirement and make more hacks!

Cpt.Glitch

SpoOkyMagician

I can't wait to see the completed video. I watched a few of the live streams/uploaded already. I understand now why races turn out the way they do now.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Cpt.Glitch

@Spooky Same here. I got lucky. If it wasn't for the reserve tank by ice beam I would have died to mother brain.

MetroidMst

Thanks to everyone for the rather large and chaotic gathering to show off unseen skills in Stardust yesterday! Just to let those who sent me messages know, without having to reply to each of you individually, I have got all your videos and things downloaded, so you don't need to worry about that. I will be going through and making sure the .smvs work and all that fun stuff later, and then work will commence on making the video at some point in the near future.

Pray for a true peace in space, mostly in the form of the next hack race being one that won't destroy us utterly and completely.

Jiffy

Hopefully next time I will understand the difference between Headered and Unheadered. :^_^:

Megakidicarus

dang I'm so sorry I missed this. unforeseen circumstances arose.

TheAnonymousUser

Quote from: Jefe962 on January 11, 2015, 04:35:23 PM
Hopefully next time I will understand the difference between Headered and Unheadered. :^_^:
Hopefully next time you'll read the hack description. There are a few old hacks that (for some reason) use a header.

Technomagus

For anyone who wants to see how not to race Stardust, here's my video.  There's a reason the door to the Hatchling room locks...

Super Metroid Stardust Community Race 01/10/15