News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super metroid XHPC

Started by crimsonsunbird, September 27, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piush

I am not sure this was intended. I had beat Ridley. headed up top right Norfair. . Entered this room to my left [spoiler]where i had got super missles[/spoiler]

Then I excited right and ended up in maridia.

piush

I have liked playing this hack but will now wait till it gets an overhaull and some of the bugs are fixed before finishing it.

[spoiler]When going to Kraid , in front of the save room near by , if you try to get the missles there you wil be out of bounds and perma-stuck. Also when getting the gravity suit. you must charge into the right set of speed boost blocks or you will not get out. Just some I found.[/spoiler]

crimsonsunbird

Okay.
But what is preventing you from saving the game?

piush

Sir, I do like your hack. I like how you have hid items, made me have to infinte bomb jump, mockball, short speed boost etc. I was just hoping I would not have to be saving before i enter a new area. I  just wanted to point out a few things that had occured so you would know and the game will play more evenly. I do realize you put a lot of work in creating a differnt route. Thank you for that.

JAM

Quote from: crimsonsunbird on October 11, 2014, 01:24:14 PM
Okay.
But what is preventing you from saving the game?
Some players are:
1. Like to play without saves aka "fair play mode".
2. Like to play on real console using flash cart.

crimsonsunbird

The beginning of the hack this a bit difficult, but it is possible to play the rest using saves states  :wink:

JAM

OK, I'll repeat one more time. How I suppose to pass that point?

When I first enter it, I must be trying to perform a mockball and if I fail, I'll permanently stuck. No way to go right (right door is locked until room is cleared out of enemies. Can't go left if fail the mockball attempt). No way to go right (if you perform the mockball successfully, you can go left, but to open the door you'll need to kill all Space Pirates and one of them is under crumble blocks. Read: unaccessible if you performed mockball).

crimsonsunbird

first block is a block that can be broken trough a shot

M1CR0H4CK3R

JAM, you'll need to beat Crocomire Varia Suitless (READ: Hell's Run required), then you'll find Spring Ball near his lair
[spoiler]where a PB pack is in the original; you'll need Grapple to reach the door.[/spoiler]

Then that room's 'problem' becomes obsolete. Hope I helped.

JAM

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on October 14, 2014, 07:23:16 PM
JAM, you'll need to beat Crocomire Varia Suitless (READ: Hell's Run required), then you'll find Spring Ball near his lair
[spoiler]where a PB pack is in the original; you'll need Grapple to reach the door.[/spoiler]

Then that room's 'problem' becomes obsolete. Hope I helped.
I found a way to get to his lair, thanks. Just try to beat him and return to the room with space pirates on a screenshot WITHOUT Spring Ball and try to get out.

So, this IS a permastuck in which some players may get stuck because the Spring Ball location is changed. So, solutions are:
A. The right grey door in space pirates room should be removed to let player out (if he/she doesn't have Spring Ball).
B. Don't let player escape Crocomiro's lair without Spring Ball.

JAM

Fixed version is uploaded to the site. Took 5 minutes to do all this. Was it so hard?

Fixes:
1. Right door in the old MB room (alternate state) can let you out. So, it's not a permastuck without Spring Ball anymore.
2. "Stuck under slope" bugs in Maridian rooms (as mentioned in the topic) were fixed.