News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

"Invisible" Objects

Started by themetroidprime40, September 26, 2014, 12:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themetroidprime40

I hope I dont sound stupid or anything ( I feel like I might be asking a really stupid question without realizing it )   :pale:

But anyways, since I wasn't able to open up  any Super Metroid Rom with Smile , ( I tried with different Roms, different versions all sorts of things) I then decided to try to move onto modding Zero mission instead. So I went ahead , got Double Helix and opened up the rom and started just working out of instinct ( Despite I have very little knowledge of how to use it ). And so I began editing stuff and using the tilesets. I couldnt find a way to erase what is currently there , so I just took the completely empty blocks on the tileset ( As shown in picture ) and just put those tiles over the stuff I really didnt want and saw it dissapeared . However when I tried to test it on the emulator , it will work as if those objects are still there, and the ones I put are like a layer over. I am pretty sure it has something to do with layers but im not sure what did I do wrong .  :sad: . I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in approximation.

EDIT : This is how my editor window looks.

This is how it looks in the emulator.

Also my lavaother tiles which you are supposed to be able to walk on dont work at all and appear as a foreround

Quietus

Off the top of my head, there are three layers: Background, foreground, and clipdata.  Regardless of what tiles you actually place, it's the clipdata that creates the physical play area, so if you deleted the visible tiles from a layer, but left the solid clipdata blocks where they were, that's what you'll end up with.