News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid - Rogue Dawn

Started by Grimlock, August 02, 2014, 11:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT-55J

That's a speed trick, not a cheat! (read: he should keep it)

Narpas Sword

Playing it on my way to work on my 3DS. Great job.

Tahazzar

That one (new) secret is really buggy.

[spoiler=SPOILER for the game]

This happens if you exit the secret before killing the enemy in it. If you exit the secret in the room before the enemy you get a floating door (on the left) and if you die at the "boss room" you get the "boss" floating in all of the screens afterwards. It dies when you exit with the elevator(?)

One perma-stuck which I got myself into accidentally while playing through normally.
[/spoiler]

snarfblam

The bug with that guy haunting you and the floating door have already been addressed in the next update.

Omegatroid

Nice ROM hack! I enjoyed playing this game.

OneOf99

I've been playing the hack up to High Jump and Bombs, now I am in Ridley's Ship place and have no idea where to go. Is there a walkthrough anywhere for this?

Grimlock

Quote from: OneOf99 on February 20, 2017, 11:46:57 AM
I've been playing the hack up to High Jump and Bombs, now I am in Ridley's Ship place and have no idea where to go. Is there a walkthrough anywhere for this?

There is an update that should be out soon that modifies the level design in several ways.  The map is also updated.  I would recommend waiting for the 1.20 update to be released.  It's done but we're working out one final kink.

DonnyDonovan

Can't wait!   Been waiting for 1.20 and I'm very excited to finally play this.

passarbye

:cheers: good to hear the update's basically done, I'm sure we're all excited for it.

SpiderWaffle

As many already know, I've been following project for years it seems and I want to do a blind speedrun (first time playing and trying to beat it ASAP) on live stream. I've done this for MetroidX and Metroid Captive so far and really enjoy it.

I'd like to do it as soon as, or soon after, 1.20 is released, and want to make sure Grimlock, Snarfblam, Otpoman and any others that want to watch have an opportunity to do so. Also, it's a lot more fun with more people, particularly with fans of Metroid, rom hacks and NEStroid apt people hanging out in chat. It sounds like 1.20 will be released any day now and schedule wise that's great for me, this week/weekend/March, love it!

I'll stream on my twitch, https://www.twitch.tv/spiderwaffle (and maybe my much more popular youtube channel simultaneously) and upload the VOD to youtube.

I heard less than 10 hours for sure, MetroidX took me 3 hours, Captive took 10 hours, and that was with 2 save states allotted per elevator area. It sounds like the nature of Rogue Dawn with recharge stations and convenient password saving would play well without save states.

I was thinking of starting around 6-7PM PST, or maybe sooner on a Saturday or Sunday. Let me know if you want to watch, I'll schedule for you.

grynold

Hello had to register just to let you know how much I love this hack. I got it on a real cartridge to play on my Nes. I'm on the second playthrough atm with 83% of the item. Won't stop until I reach 100% You guys have truly perfected Metroid.

Grimlock

Quote from: grynold on May 23, 2017, 05:58:20 AM
Hello had to register just to let you know how much I love this hack. I got it on a real cartridge to play on my Nes. I'm on the second playthrough atm with 83% of the item. Won't stop until I reach 100% You guys have truly perfected Metroid.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!  Is your cartridge running version 1.21?

grynold

Quote from: Grimlock on May 24, 2017, 12:19:57 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!  Is your cartridge running version 1.21?

Yes it is I got it from AliExpress and I supplied the patched 1.21 rom for it myself.

Edit:

grynold

Got 245 missiles atm dunno why I can't seem to find the last 2 pickups. What I have found is a lot of roof clipping, some very useful for speed running and some just leaving you stuck in limbo. I also loose a missile tank and an e tank sometimes.

Edit: just found a way to skip the last boss which gives me plenty of time to explore the ending area. Nice :)

Edit 2:

Sephirous

Here is an Update on The Soundtrack Project.

About a month ago a project was started to record and digitally remaster The Rogue Dawn Soundtrack.
Now in complete Stereo you can listen to the 21 Tracks from the game on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSDn8TdsEPvNwBiRV4XvNQvlL6o0VU_XD

Grimlock

Quote from: Sephirous on September 27, 2017, 10:43:19 PM
Here is an Update on The Soundtrack Project.

About a month ago a project was started to record and digitally remaster The Rogue Dawn Soundtrack.
Now in complete Stereo you can listen to the 21 Tracks from the game on You Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSDn8TdsEPvNwBiRV4XvNQvlL6o0VU_XD

I just saw your post, thanks for taking the time to put those remastered tracks together!  Sounds pretty good.   :cool: