News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Coldhallow, a Hexxit Minecraft Server

Started by snarfblam, July 27, 2014, 02:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

KP9000 has started his own Hexxit server, Coldhollow. Coldhollow is "the official Kafuka Minecraft server", but members from other rom hacking communities are welcome to check it out. If you're not familiar with Hexxit (I wasn't), it's a mod pack that adds a number of features including new biomes, new dimensions, new structures, new mobs (including new bosses), new weapons, and more. If you've become a bit bored with vanilla Minecraft, Hexxit provides lots of new things to check out and play with. If it sounds like a bit much, it's pretty easy to play it like vanilla Minecraft and wait until you're in the mood to check out the new stuff. There is also a Hexxit wiki where you can find out more about the new features.

The Kafuka thead has all the info you need to hop onto the server (all you need is a Minecraft account and the Technic lancher).

And, of course, some screenshots. Some of these are a little out of date.

Left to right, some typical terrain (it tends to be pretty hilly), an underground mushroom area intersecting some abandoned mines, and some ships in the ocean.

KP's home, my home, and KP's quartz estate building.

A walker village, two opposing mob villages, and a Dark Tower and Lich tower spawned near eachother in the Twilight Forest dimension. Each of these structures contains a boss of some sort.

A massive stronghold-like structure found in Twilight Forest, the interior of a Walker castle, and a rare, dangerous room within a dimensional dungeon.

Zhs2

I wish Hexxit had more mechanical, electric, and automation features. It doesn't even make Minecraft nomadism fun, which is funny because that's what it actively encourages. I'm surprised to see you guys actually played a lot on such a terrible modpack.

Quietus

That's what's so great about Minecraft's community.  Not only is it super strong, but it's so varied that everybody can find something they like.  I've tried a few different mods, but never found anything I really liked, but I've always liked the different minimaps, mainly because I never want to lose the areas where I've built stuff. :^_^: