News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital_Mantra

Vis murdered this week.

Spore Temple Grounds:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hawntah

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on June 20, 2014, 02:16:50 AM
Vis murdered this week.
Doesn't he always?

Spore Temple Grounds:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Nice background :colonrightv: The tiling is a little bit repetitive and the pink blocks near the middle stick out like a sore thumb. What happens if you fall into one of those pits at the top? Do you end up forever stuck in the nothingness?

Also, it's not Saturday yet..

Retroo

this one is for MST ;)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Dman: I hate that room. You know how many times I died to the Reo I  that god damned thing?
As for you retro, your tiling is actually really, really good.

Alisa Orlova

Spore Temple Grounds:
Both doors (x07/y02 and x08/y03) in wrong position. You should move them in one unit to right.

Yuki

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on June 20, 2014, 04:21:11 AM
Spore Temple Grounds:
Both doors (x07/y02 and x08/y03) in wrong position. You should move them in one unit to right.
I wouldnt tell Dman of all people how to hack ;P

Retroo

alisa i wanted it to be like that it was an drug room

Alisa Orlova

Quote from: retroknuckles on June 20, 2014, 05:51:13 AM
Alisa i wanted it to be like that it was an drug room
Though you know, you made a nice room. Because it's look like a circulatory system who was pierced needle of syringe.

Kitsune_Phoenix

Retro, I like what you did there with putting foreground tiles in front of the door tiles. Partially disguising the doors with rocks or bubbles or whatever else (depending on the look and feel of the room) would actually look really cool for a hack.

Hawntah

What is this drugs you speak of?

[spoiler=BUBBLES! aka fifty shades of purple]

With hidden passage visible:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Kitsune_Phoenix

For the translucent portion, you should put some transparent bubble tiles on another layer, that way you still get the impression of being inside of something... and also to make it look less bland when it turns opaque again.

Hawntah

Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on June 20, 2014, 08:44:59 AM
For the translucent portion, you should put some transparent bubble tiles on another layer, that way you still get the impression of being inside of something... and also to make it look less bland when it turns opaque again.
So you're saying I should fill the whole thing with bubbles? The tileset is more suited for creating outlines with bubbles rather than covering an area with them, the only bubbles I could do that with without horrible tiling errors are 1x1 tile bubbles.. and, as you might imagine, the result would look very unnatural.

Just for clarification, it's supposed to be a hidden passage, and it's only visible if you're inside it, otherwise it's completely solid.

FullOfFail

Alright, this was supposed to be for last week when they were doing savestation entries, but I got side-tracked and never finished it on time. It's just a experimental room. Wanted to make some kind of back-story or concept to the items. Doesn't really follow any lore, but eh, nothing I make does.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Alisa Orlova

I checked it twice and i'm pretty damn sure now, this is ain't Redesign.  :<_<:
I called this Tile/Pallet set how a "coral reef" (It's was Meridia)
Work in progress. :heheh:

[Spoiler][Spoiler]

MC vid 4

Su

Quote from: FullOfFail on June 21, 2014, 02:20:59 PM
Alright, this was supposed to be for last week when they were doing savestation entries, but I got side-tracked and never finished it on time. It's just a experimental room. Wanted to make some kind of back-story or concept to the items. Doesn't really follow any lore, but eh, nothing I make does.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

That is a very, very interesting room you have there. Does it animate?

FullOfFail

Quote from: Dragon-Tamer795 on June 21, 2014, 02:41:56 PM
That is a very, very interesting room you have there. Does it animate?

Nah, unfortunately I don't know how to animate tiles. The closest I can come is using BG warp/cascade heat and layer manipulation. I'm sure I could re-skin a enemy and use that if it came to it, though. I've made physical moving grapple blocks out of rippers before, for example.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzwmQa5iok&feature=youtu.be&t=56s
[/spoiler]

That's probably a bad example, but you get the idea.

Jiffy

Su

Nice work on the wrecked ship tiles there. Maybe the downwards path doesn't wind as much as it could? The grassy background looks a little repetitive.

Retroo

nice room jefe where can i find that tileset?

Vismund Cygnus

You'll find that tileset on Quote58's website. It's called Lush, and unfortunately I don't think Jefe has really done it justice with this room.

Jiffy

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on June 22, 2014, 02:50:44 AM
You'll find that tileset on Quote58's website. It's called Lush, and unfortunately I don't think Jefe has really done it justice with this room.

Very true, I can't seem to find a way to make the walls transfer into the leaf-like tiles.

Vismund Cygnus

Also I wasn't sure about entering this room this week because of DMan's, but I want thoughts on this so #swagyolo420

[spoiler=Get ready for saturation][/spoiler]

Su

This has a lovely blend of colour that is pleasing to the eyes. The only major issue I have with it is the amount of jumping the player is required to do.

Kitsune_Phoenix

Quote from: Hawntah on June 20, 2014, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: Kitsune_Phoenix on June 20, 2014, 08:44:59 AM
So you're saying I should fill the whole thing with bubbles? The tileset is more suited for creating outlines with bubbles rather than covering an area with them, the only bubbles I could do that with without horrible tiling errors are 1x1 tile bubbles.. and, as you might imagine, the result would look very unnatural.

Just for clarification, it's supposed to be a hidden passage, and it's only visible if you're inside it, otherwise it's completely solid.

I meant when you were inside it, it would become translucent.

And for translucent bubbles inside of it, I did not mean every single tile, just a few here and there.

Yuki

[spoiler][/spoiler] Because why not