News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

T.H.E. Contest (The Hacking Exhibitionist Contest)

Started by FullOfFail, August 01, 2013, 06:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monster of Surrealton

Quote from: Daltone on September 05, 2013, 12:11:40 AM
Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on September 05, 2013, 12:03:22 AM
So...I'm an idiot and didn't fully read Daltone's post with the patches before I started playing. So...I'm taking the down the video and making a new one to do the hack justice.

i just updated my post with the hack info, sorry about that

Nah, it's my fault for not reading.

Updated my post with the new video.

FullOfFail

Version 4 of my hack had a bug regarding the bomb torizo that got added. If you have v4, please switch to v6 instead. Sorry for the inconvenience.

FullOfFail

Double-post time.

Just wanted to remind everyone that the contest is about to end on the 7th. If you still wish to enter, or would like to alter your hack for the contest, this may be the last chance to do it.

Soon this entry thread will be moved and replaced with a proper voting thread.

Lunaria

Aww man, I thought I still had this whole day on me to fix up my amazing save room hack! (that would be, 12 more hours in my time zone, probably more in america land.)  :yaynoes:

Lunaria

Aww yeah, this piece of shit is finished!

I made a shitty hack in half a week and I like it.

Grab it here: Link
Or in the freaking attachments section.

#360blazeitnoscopesupermetroidromhacking

begrimed

I'll have mine posted before the 8th. It might be at 11:59PM, but it'll be up.

begrimed

HOLY SHIT IT WAS ACTUALLY 11:59 WHEN I GOT IT FINISHED. I am a prophet.

jk16bit-palmy-

Welp, it's been fun. IM GONNAWINBOOYYYZZZ May the best hack win.

Also, still not sure about some of the strange BG errors in my hack. also be aware than those who have played it the final verson, Going out of my boss room, the door won't scroll over for some reason, so just go thru the "trap Door" in the boss room.

FullOfFail

Hey, I'm going to add the hacks to the site sometime soonish, is everyone satisfied with their current version? If not, let me know or post your newest one here, and I'll add it.

Edit: Btw, I should also mention these versions would be independent of the contest. Whatever you entered at that time, will remain. This is just to fix bugs and polish stuff for people who will play in the distant future. I may not actually add them to the site until the contest is fully over.

Lunaria

I may want to push an update later when I have the time to fix up some things.
But first I want to see the problems hands-on when the let's players are going through my hack. So, therefore, mind waiting with uploading my hack until, say, a week or two from now?

FullOfFail

It probably was going to be a week or two anyway, Crys. That said, you should still start on fixing whatever issues you've currently found. I'll send another reminder before I begin uploading them to the site, though.

Lunaria

begrimed

Here's a fixed & finished version of the hack. Demorphing shouldn't happen anymore (in the event that it does, you'll be able to morph this time). Also, the map and save rooms are all working now, and the boss HP has been fixed, lol. Also, the last few rooms have been finished proper-like, with aesthetics and such. Also new title screen. Enjoy!

BALLS TO THE WALL HOMIE

Lunaria

Here is the fixed up version of my hack: [Link]

Patch notes: (Includes spoilers!)[spoiler]
1. Lowered GT's HP.
2. Rebalanced missiles and super missiles to deal less damage and more in line with what the beams do.
3. Power beams charge damage was raised slightly.
4. Some of the less obvious upgrades were made slightly move visible. (Based on player behaviour seen in action.)
5. Added a new beam upgrade pre-GT that can help players who struggle but try to explore.
6. Removed the save station PLMs entirely. (Due to not working correctly.)
7. Spore spawn has slightly lower health to balance out missile changes.
8. Draygon has slightly more health to provide a bit more challenge. (If you struggle greatly maybe it's time to try and learn how to fight this boss without cheap means, hmmm?)
9. Minor edit to ending to better fit the theme of the hack
10. Anything I forgot to mention above!  :D!:
[/spoiler]

FullOfFail

Has everyone updated their patches that wanted to? I'm going to add them to the site momentarily. Within the next day or two, atleast, provided no one wishes to enter anything else.

Also, if you haven't voted yet, and played all the contest hacks, please do so. It's crucial. 

FullOfFail

Gotta double-post for one last bump. I'm in the process of adding them to the site as I write this, but if anybody wants any special screenshots and/or descriptions, please post them here and I'll take care of it. Otherwise, the description will either be what you wrote when you entered, or blank. And the screenshot will be whatever I have at my disposal, probably nothing special.

FullOfFail

Alrighty, they're all up. Read my last post, and also let me know if you find any typos/errors.