News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Problems with Gravity and Fully Powered Suit

Started by Luce Seyfarth, July 10, 2013, 08:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luce Seyfarth

Greetings,
well I wanted to do a quick hack where it is not mandatory to collect any of the unknown items. Everything went fine until I arrived at the scene where you get the Fully Powered Suit during one of my testruns:
Zero Mission Hack - Problems with Gravity Suit

As you can see the game gives you the funktion of the Gravity Suit automatically, whether you collected the item beforehand or not. I know that the game uses two adresses for Items, one describes which items are collected and shows them in your inventory, the other describes which item powers you have and allows you to use them. The event where you get the fully powered suit only adds the value for "Gravity Suit" to the second adress because it isn't shown in the inventory and can still be collected as an item afterwards.

Now the question is how do I change this to where the game doesn't give you the powers of the Gravity Suit? It doesn't add powers for the other two Unknown Items and I can't find the HEX values in the ROM where this event is defined so I may change it...

I used the standart american ROM and Double Helix. Also, before starting to hack myself I used the Menu Hack Patch:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/332/

Do any of you know how to fix this?

Lunaria

IIRC Interdepth made a hack related to the full powered suit being activated at the start of the game; So I'm pretty sure he knows exactly what's going on in detail and can explain the coding changes needing to be done. :v

Luce Seyfarth

Okay, I'll wait if he sees this, thank you :)

Luce Seyfarth

Nevermind, found the Adress myself using VBA Hacker Edition - wish i knew that existed before...