News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SM new "wet dream"

Started by TROM, July 08, 2013, 12:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TROM

Here, i send a new version of my hack.... new colors, fix door, remove some permastuck....

I feel this hack is finished and i'm finishing another one... with new ennemies, backgrouds..... comming soon!

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: TROM on January 14, 2014, 06:20:03 AM
remove some permastuck....
If you spin jump next to the ship you can get stuck without morph. The same goes for the morph tunnel at the top of the landing site. There was also one in the second room, and quite a few slope errors.
Your level design is okay. Far from the worst, but not too great either. I'm not sure if that FX1 shit in the first few rooms was intentional, but if it was, oh god please never use it my eyes  :nope:
My main gripe is that you use the same tiles as about 5 different things with no obvious hint as to what it will be. In the same room you used one particular block as an air block, shot block, and spike. The last one in particular being the worst because I had no idea it was a spike (I had just run through the same block without any issue, then suddenly ran through an identical one only to find it was a spike). You gotta cut that shit out. There's some instances that it can work (e.g. secret morph tunnels), but not like that.
That being said, good luck with your next project. I hope it turns out somewhat better than this.  :^_^:

METROID4U

Love the Lost World hack to bits... having difficulty completing the game to 113%. I'd like to post my completion results and rate this hack.

DonnyDonovan

Can't get this to work with or without a header.  I liked one of Trom's other hacks (Hydellius ultimate) and couldn't get into Lost World.  Thought this was worth a shot.  Used the most recent link to the IPS (which is admittedly 6+ years old).  Am I missing something?

caauyjdp

Ips linked here https://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,2713.msg35223.html#msg35223 is for headered version, seems to work for me.

Headered and unheadered versions that are on main site work fine too. Check your vanilla rom maybe?

DonnyDonovan

The link at the main page worked fine patched to a clean ROM.  Not sure why the most recent link in the thread would not work for me.  Thanks. 

Edit -- I'm about halfway through this, maybe a bit more.  It's...not bad.  I liked Life, the hack on which it's based, so that helps.  It looks really cool in places and like Life has an interesting item order.  Some of the physics changes (hello easy IBJ! hello massive underwater jumps!) are fun.  There's far too many permastucks, too many spikes, too much backtracking, there are problems here, but with another coat of polish it could be a really good hack.  As noted above the number of random and unmarked secrets and tiles that could be almost anything is absurd.  I don't think this would be beatable without the ability to get x-ray pretty early.  But it's overall worth a play IMO.  Use savestates.

Edit2:  The more I play this, the worse it gets.  The overuse of spikes in Maridia borders on absurd.  The amount of backtracking and lack of helpful shortcuts is almost comical.  Despite being almost fully equipped I'm still running into softlocks and permastucks.  I can't find space jump to save my life even though lowering the acid and running through LN is all I have left to do.  This hack looks good, and even could be good, but it isn't good.

DonnyDonovan

Unless someone for some reason knows where the space jump boots are located my journey is at an end.  Looked everywhere. 

Edit:  OK, apparently not everywhere.  It was pretty hidden though.