News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on October 08, 2016, 03:37:52 PMSTOP POSTING SO MUCH QUIETUS.
I'm generally laid back, so if what I post is ever genuinely considered to be excessive or unacceptable, I'll most certainly rein it in. :neutral:

The Rooser

Hello I'm the creator of an old NES Metroid hack: Metroid Deluxe

I've emerged from my 14-year slumber so I can submit an updated version of it: Metroid Deluxe Reduxe

Grimlock

Quote from: The Rooser on October 14, 2016, 09:10:05 PM
Hello I'm the creator of an old NES Metroid hack: Metroid Deluxe

I've emerged from my 14-year slumber so I can submit an updated version of it: Metroid Deluxe Reduxe

Welcome fellow NEStroid hacker!  NEStroid hackers are on the endangered species list...  I'm glad to hear you're adding some of Snarfblam's upgrades to your hack (Metroid plus).  Have you been able to add the patch successfully?

Genesis

Hello, i'm a humble and sarcastic guy that likes to program.
that's about it.

Quietus

Quote from: Genesis on October 23, 2016, 01:52:08 AMHello, i'm a humble and sarcastic guy that likes to program.
Yay, sarcasm is great. It fits perfectly with your long-winded intro. :neutral:

[/sarcasm]

Welcome to MetConst. :grin:

dewhi100

Hello... I think this is the right place to do this.

My handle is dewhi100. I made an account because the forum's search function was broken for me until I did. Lurking just ain't what it used to be, apparently.
In any case, here's more information about me:

First metroid game: Prime. Man were those TV spots badass.
Favorite title: Again, Prime. I would however like to give a shout-out to Super, due to it being so... Super.
Experience playing with hacks: Some. Can't say I've ever completed one. If I have, it's Super Zero Mission.
Experience in hacking: Amateur. I did publish a hack for Pokemon Red/Blue a few years back, but nothing Metroid.

Aspirations: Make Prime in the Super engine. A very ambitious undertaking... but it seems that's the only way I'll ever get to play it. To whomever may be running active projects revolving around that, I'd be happy to contribute to / test for you, or at least keep tuned in to your goings-on. And who knows, maybe I'll figure it out on my own.

Well, that's about it.

Jordan5

Hi, it's always nice to see a new face around these parts :^_^:

Quote from: dewhi100 on October 29, 2016, 03:29:20 PM
Aspirations: Make Prime in the Super engine. A very ambitious undertaking... but it seems that's the only way I'll ever get to play it. To whomever may be running active projects revolving around that, I'd be happy to contribute to / test for you, or at least keep tuned in to your goings-on. And who knows, maybe I'll figure it out on my own.

I know @personitis was working on something like this a while ago, but from what he has said it's very difficult to do. One of the main issues is converting the 3d map into 2d, as just projecting it onto a plane results in a lot of overlapping rooms. Don't be put off though, I'm sure many people would love to play this. :grin:

personitis

The obvious large work load in graphics and code aside, it depends on how many features you'd be willing to cut and/or compensate for. The map was merely the beginning of such things and the vision I had for the project was far too large for not only my skills at the time, but also (as I found out in the future) my internal motivation/drive for such a project.

Jet3rd

Hello, I recently found out about this Introduce yourself topic.

I basically am just a kid who liked Super Metroid.
That of course led me to finding emulating, them Super Metroid Hacks and finally Metroid Construction.

Some people on here have already helped me with my questions about SMILE.

I hope that I can make some Super Metroid hacks for people to enjoy here, and that's all.

Quietus

Quote from: Jet3rd on November 17, 2016, 11:48:50 PMI basically am just a kid who liked Super Metroid.
I hope you still do!

Welcome to the forum. :^_^:

hypercoyote

Hello, my name is Hypercoyote.  I'm posting this so I can write a review  :<_<: lol

personitis

Hey there. Thanks for contributing. :)

Maxer203

I am new here and I'm excited to get into ROM hacking super metroid!

Quietus

Quote from: Maxer203 on December 05, 2016, 07:58:20 PM
I am new here
That you are, and there be a thread for that, me laddo!

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :^_^:

Kiteguy666

Hello. I am Kiteguy 666. I would like to tell you first that I actually got into metroid about 1-2 years ago. I never knew about Metroid in my childhood. But now, Metroid is my #1 gaming franchise(Above Castlevania, which Metroid introduced me to).

I have also recently joined Metroid Construction and, unlike most people, I actually am Interested in hacking Zero Mission and Fusion more than Super.

Kalt

Hey Kiteguy, good to see there are other Zero Mission fans!

I'm Kalt, and I'm interested in hacks that focus on exploration. Unfortunately, as a college student I don't have tons of time. But I'd love to collab with people! Metroid games really lend themselves to collaboration, IMO.

I have experience making maps for Doom, and experience working with Game Maker (which may be useful if the AM2R hacking scene takes off now that the source code is out... but MAGE is easier to work with than GM)

Quietus

Welcome, Kiteguy666 and Kalt, to our humble abode. While you'll no doubt see that the majority of stuff here is aimed at hacking Super, we still welcome hacks / hackers for the whole series, so get stuck in. :^_^:

EpicAndroid

Hi everyone. I'm EpicAndroid. I'm new to Super Metroid and the community but I'm interested in learning how to speedrun the game and thanks to some help from thebegrimed1, I've checked out tools like SMILE RF and Lunar IPS patcher. I've downloaded quite a few mods from the "Resources" section of this site and I'm just blown away at the stuff that's possible. Looking forward to learning the game and possibly learning to hack/mod.

Quietus

Greetings, EpicAndroid, and welcome to the forum.

You have some good letters in your username. It's an anagram of:

One Acid Drip
O', I did prance!
Orca Did Pine
I, Porcine Dad!
Did Reap Coin - RIP, dead coin. :cry:
Rap Icon Died

Enjoy your stay! :^_^:

VictoriaViper

Hi, I'm Vicky Viper. I don't know how to mod Metroid games and probably never will, but I'm thrilled that the games have such a passionate modding community, and I hope to submit several reviews as I play through the hacks I try. I love writing overly-detailed reviews for game mods that nobody bothers reading because they're too long. XD

Quietus

Welcome to the forum. If you're into your reviews, you can feel free to play and rate as many hacks as you like. :grin:

VictoriaViper

Quote from: Quietus on March 07, 2017, 07:21:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you're into your reviews, you can feel free to play and rate as many hacks as you like. :grin:

I just did so for Retroid. Not surprisingly, my review ended up being twice as long as I expected. Concision is not my strong suit. XD

Quietus

Well, I guess on a positive note, twice is better than three times, right? :cheers:

squishy_ichigo

Nice Retroid writeup.

Can we get a thread where you dump all your reviews, so if we feel so inclined to read your ramblings we know which hacks you've played, and don't have to go searching for them? And, it sounds like you've written reviews for other things? Maybe we'd like to read those too. :^)

If you decide on doing this, I would suggest 'General Gaming' board, or 'Off Topic' if you have reviews for things not related to games such as tvshows films etc.

VictoriaViper

Well, you can always check the MC DokuWiki startpage, which shows links to the most recently-posted reviews. There, you can see my new review for Darkholme Hospital, which is also absurdly long and takes up almost a third of the entire review page. XD

I also used to review user maps for Doom, but not recently. Also, the Doom maps I reviewed have nothing to do with Brutal Doom or goofy, horribly-unbalanced weapon mods, so I doubt anyone would care. XD

So yeah, I might start a thread that archives my reviews, assuming I write enough of them to make such a thread worthwhile. Thanks for your interest. :)