News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHayashi

This is actually my second post. D:

I do not hack Metroid or even play Metroid. I'm here simply because I'm in #metconst, and I'm in #metconst simply because of Zozo because it's an awesome place to stalk zekeachu and bloods and squichigo in hang about in.

Big Gay Cell

Well, despite how creepy that post was; Welcome!

zephyrtronium

So I looked at the bottom today and it said the newest member is P.JBoy which is a great thing. And hayashi being here is also a great thing since now I have occasionally better means of bugging him about Python crap when I need to than IRC!

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY TO DIE!

Diortem

Hello.  I have been around for a while.  Don't hack very much but love to play hacks.  Thanks.

RealRed

Big Gay Cell

Enjoy your stay.  Don't get into too much trouble.  ;)

snarfblam

Hi. And stuff. So, I made these--> (these)

GF_Kennon

Quote from: snarfblam on July 25, 2009, 06:30:48 PM
Hi. And stuff. So, I made these--> (these)

Yay you came back, and so your the one who made Editroid.
* GF_Kennon finally goes to update the tools section like he should have done ages ago

RealRed

PY

Silver Skree

There's your 65th member. Someone has a promise to keep.

Phazar

Woah, what's this?  I take a vacation and we get loads of new members?  Awesome!

RealRed

Welcome to the forum PY, now lets all bother interdpth to stick some new feature into Double Helix.  :icon_wink:

Daltone

Hello Everyone!, my name is Daltone
If you want to know anything about me just ask i consider myself to be friendly
I do landscaping for work, and i have a strong passion for old games, i can't help but notice that lots of people here love doom as well so we should get along good.

Big Gay Cell

If you like DOOM, you're okay in my book. Welcome to the family.

Font38

Hi everyone.  I'm new here.  You guys sure got the Registration page fixed fast since last night! :razz:  I checked as soon as I got back on the computer today and registered right away.  I'm here because the Metroid games are some of my very favorites, along with Zelda, Super Smash Bros., and plenty of others.

My main hobbies are video games, and I also am into computer programming (mainly Visual Basic and C++ with C++ being my favorite language).  I moved from VB into C++, because I wanted to get into game programming. :razz:  I'm no expert, but I have a couple game programming books that really helped :icon_wink:  I got into computer programming as a kid really, so most of my programming knowledge is self-taught :lol:

Anyways, I'm new to the rom hacking community, but not to modding in general.  I've done a lot of mapping for games such as Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and also the first couple Serious Sam games.  I always thought that being able to make your own levels for a game was just so darn cool!  :razz:   I stumbled onto rom hacking for Super Mario World by chance last week when I saw a video titled custom super mario world level or something like that on youtube and I was like WTF?   :O_o:  So I naturally invesitgated, because if true that'd be so awesome!  I discovered LunarMagic and played with it some, and then naturally I checked if you could edit Zelda and Metroid as well.  Not surprisingly I found hacking community for those games as well.  I got SMILE right away, but at first I couldn't really find any guides to help me learn how to use it.  That was rather frustrating and disappointing  :icon_sad:  I ended up in the Metroid2002 forums, and saw a post in there about this site.  So I checked out your site, and you guys have some really nice documents here.  So I at least have a basic understanding of how to use SMILE now, thanks to you guys :razz:   I'm glad I stumbled onto the rom hacking community, because games like Super Mario World, Zelda 3, Super Metroid, and of course their NES predecessors are the stuff I grew up with.  Being able to build my own levels for them now is just awesome!

By the way, you guys have a really nice site going here!  I hope it grows and is very successful.  It looks to me like it may already be the best Super Metroid hacking site there is considering I couldn't find squat on google for SMILE help.  lol

zephyrtronium

Quote from: Font38 on August 17, 2009, 07:14:44 PMI moved from VB into C++, because I wanted to get into game programming.
Python + Pygame = ♥
Always nice to see new members who aren't actually spambots, and even better when they program. Better still when they know how to speak. :icon_wink:

Welcome to metroidconstruction.

Phazar

Welcome, Font38.  Glad to see someone here who loves game modding/rom hacking as much as you do.

Zhs2

Quote from: Font38You guys sure got the Registration page fixed fast since last night!
Pah. James turned off the advanced captcha which I have since fixed. My apologies. Now the spambots will never be able to register. MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote from: Font38I ended up in the Metroid2002 forums, and saw a post in there about this site.  So I checked out your site, and you guys have some really nice documents here.  So I at least have a basic understanding of how to use SMILE now, thanks to you guys
:wub:

Font38

Thank you all.  I'm am glad to be here, and hopefully I will get good at modding SM and maybe some other Metroids too  :razz:

personitis

Hey Font, welcome to the party. =D If you need a jump start on SMILE, go read my guide on SMILE in the documents section if you haven't already. ;D Which reminds me to get to adding to it soon. =\

Font38

Your guide was one of the first I read  :razz:  In fact it was the first I read when I found this site, and I was happy I finally found a decent guide to help me get started!  lol  So thanks for writing it and keep up the good work! :grin:

PZ-powa

Welcome to our humble community. :)

The love cake, eat it carrefully :3

Phazar

Big Gay Cell

Yeah, I was literally getting ready to say that if you were going to give him cake, at least make it a good cake: