News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

use super metroid to make metroid 2

Started by RedDragon4q2, December 29, 2012, 07:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedDragon4q2

i was wondering if anyone has remade metroid 2 using super metroid as the base. if so where can i get it and if not why? i have never played metroid 2 because i really don't like gameboy and am2r looks like they used metroid fusion or zero mission graphics. i don't really like the graphics in those games.

Smiley

Black Soldier

Remaking Metroid 2 using Super Metroid as a base is a terrible idea. Too much ASM/coding/etc has to be done to the point that you are better off just making a fangame using something like Game Maker.

passarbye

Quote from: Black Soldier on December 29, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
Remaking Metroid 2 using Super Metroid as a base is a terrible idea. Too much ASM/coding/etc has to be done to the point that you are better off just making a fangame using something like Game Maker.
hence, AM2R

Quietus

I'd also suggest that it's not been done thus far because it's just not as popular as other Metroid games.

Personally, I'd love to see Metroid 3 remade using Super Metroid as a base.
[spoiler]:wink:[/spoiler]

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on December 29, 2012, 08:23:19 PM
I'd also suggest that it's not been done thus far because it's just not as popular as other Metroid games.

:lol: you killed me

Quote58

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on December 29, 2012, 07:56:40 PM
No.

One-word replies FTW!

7 words /actually/

And an m2 remake is absolutely not a terrible idea. It just hasn't gotten off the ground because there are a couple of peices that haven't been worked out yet.
Main one being the spiderball, smaller one being Queen Metroid, and smaller but just as important, if it's an exact remake or not.

RedDragon4q2

lol great replies. thanks for your feed back. does anyone know if someone is currently working on it or at least interested in it? i'd be willing to help anyway i can i'm not much of a hacker though i'd like to learn. at the very least i could be a beta tester. i've never used game maker before does it have to look like zero mission or is it fully customizable? 

Weterr123

Quote from: Quietus on December 29, 2012, 08:23:19 PM

Wish I thought of that  :lol:

passarbye

Quote from: RedDragon4q2 on December 29, 2012, 11:30:56 PM
lol great replies. thanks for your feed back. does anyone know if someone is currently working on it or at least interested in it? i'd be willing to help anyway i can i'm not much of a hacker though i'd like to learn. at the very least i could be a beta tester. i've never used game maker before does it have to look like zero mission or is it fully customizable?
>hacker (S.M.I.L.E.)
>GameMaker

pick one, they aren't the same.

Lunaria

While I think it is a bad idea, that did not stop countless from starting such a hack. :/

Though, AFAIK, no one is in the work ATM and all that were started got dropped.